User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Garbage Collection Changing

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mail miracle-the book and 12 tags arrived today! Noticed the absence of a calendar in said book so I guess we are done with the purple and yellow collections zones as well!

I'll probably affix an envelope on the fridge to contain the tags and call in for the remaining batch of tags next week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I asked the other day, the calendar should be online soon (what about those without internet?) so we can see the dates for extra yard waste etc and our pickup date

I don't feel so bad about the death of my blue bin now, it looks like it was a quick death - one cut right across the diagonal, I was out and about yesterday and noticed my neighbours is in pieces across her lawn. What did they do, break it then jump up and down on the pieces?

Seriously! Another letter to Council I guess
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I asked the other day, the calendar should be online soon (what about those without internet?) so we can see the dates for extra yard waste etc and our pickup date

I don't feel so bad about the death of my blue bin now, it looks like it was a quick death - one cut right across the diagonal, I was out and about yesterday and noticed my neighbours is in pieces across her lawn. What did they do, break it then jump up and down on the pieces?

Seriously! Another letter to Council I guess
    I have about 4 extra blue boxes in my garage if you want one. We seem to live at the center of a vortex and on the really windy days we get everyone's boxes on our lawn and no one ever comes to pick them up. One year we got one from two streets over and luckily they had their street and # on so we could return it.

I like this new tag system. We only put out about 1/2-3/4 of a bag a week (and that includes diapers) so we didn't have any trouble, but every once in awhile we have a bit extra and it will be nice to get it out that week instead of having to hold onto it for one of the 3-bag weeks. This year at Christmas we got screwed because Christmas was on the Tuesday of a 3-bag week but our garbage gets collected on Monday. So we had an extra bag of garbage to hang onto for weeks waiting for the next amnesty day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I kind of like the new tags and that I can make any garbage day an extra bag week. I hate when I have extra garbage and I have to wait a couple of weeks to get rid of the extra, and half the time I would forget it was the extra bags week and only put out the one. Probably won't have to order the extra 14 tags but we'll see how the spring clean up goes and how many extra bags I go through.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last week to use the current blue trash tags!

Next week, you have to use the new colour tags.
    You can obtain the extra 14 tags at your municipal centre office during weekdays. Let the centre know if you did
    not get the new tag mailer with booklet with 12 new tags-they were sent out in early March.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No one in my area has new tags yet
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    No one in my area has new tags yet
    Let your municipal centre know-I was surprised that an earlier March mailing happened. Two years ago, the mail was late in March and into early April.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Let your municipal centre know-I was surprised that an earlier March mailing happened. Two years ago, the mail was late in March and into early April.
    Meh plenty of people on my street put out 2 bags and they take them without tags. For how much garbage we use (and the fact there is an empty unit in my building so one of us can throw out an extra if needed) not that bothered.
    I had to call for them last year too!
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ask about being missed two years in a row-Public Works might be missing your area due to an oversight of some kind. CC: your councillor if you'd like to see expedited action.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

April 1, 2019-no fooling-changes will apply to the Hamilton green bin program!
    [QUOTE]Leaf and yard waste will no longer be accepted in green bins

Effective April 1, 2019 Leaf and yard waste, including grass clippings will not be accepted in green bins. The Central Composting Facility voluntarily closed in June 2018 to address odour concerns. To assist in re-starting the facility, the City is asking residents to stop using their green bin for leaf and yard waste including grass clippings.
    Green bins should only be used for food scraps and soiled paper products like napkins and pizza boxes. Learn more about what goes in the green bin.
    Learn more about leaf and yard waste disposal/QUOTE]
    https://www.hamilton.ca/node/78041

Stock up on yard waste bags or rigid containers (can use other trash cans as yard waste containers).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw another ad by the City of Hamilton regarding leaf and yard waste needing to be in paper waste bags or rigid containers with the City sticker. That reminds me, I should get that sticker today for can #2!
    I intend to get large branches into the green cart this month, as next month only branches up to 7cm diameter will be allowed. And those Feb. ice storms did a number of tree limbs in!

Side note-I have yet to see the 2019 garbage collection schedule with new trash tags in the mail. Last year, they arrived in February.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The 2019 calendar and tags arrived yesterday. I read the calendar and aside from the special consideration program, there is no mention of residents being able to ask for an additional 14 tags on top of the 12 sent in the mail. Hmm.

Still irked over the mention of the Community Recycling Centres-those places remain vehicle access only and yet residents are expected to go there to get green bins after a service request number is obtained or drop off appliances, hazardous waste, and paint. I'll be looking for community events at malls to see what's happening for April. I'm grateful I can recycle expired batteries at Fortinos or the municipal centre-they are close to me.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If your area did not get their new blue trash tags, apply online for them:
    https://www.hamilton.ca/garbage-recy...-items/garbage

If you want to request the additional 14 tags on top of the mailed out 12 tags (the maximum per household is 26 per year, if there are no special considerations), click on the Trash Tags for Extra Garbage option. I'll wait until next week to request the other 14 tags as the new fiscal year starts on April 1.

Green bins have new rules as of April 1-food waste or greasy food cartons only. All leaf/yard waste must be bags or rigid containers. https://twitter.com/cityofhamilton/s...40978255482880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information