User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: When Times Get Tough...What Do You Do?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hi, I have only just started reading this thread and personality wise I am the eternal optimist and so i often have a way different perspective to my husband and some of my friends ... I am seeing something here that has not been mentioned.

I am wondering if your husband getting laid off may turn out to be a blessing in disguise (short term it will be really tight money wise for you), but this is the way my brain computes this (if I have read the thread completely right). Your court case was adjourned in order to get all your paperwork together to prove your case. But you now know for definite that your husband is being laid off. So when the case comes to court, if he doesn't have a job then the amount he has to pay will be reduced (or certainly his ex won't be given the $$$ that she is asking for).

If the ex pleads that she can't afford it and asks for you both to pay for extra, don't. Here is why not ... if the cash cow she has been milking is drying up, it should force her into taking a job (they are lots of jobs you don't need a heap of qualifications for) ... McDonalds, Timmies, grocery stores etc. Even if she takes a part-time job to supplement her income, when your husband does get another job, any income she has will be taken into consideration when paying the child support and medical bills etc.
    Last edited by Colsgirl; Fri, Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    Hi, I have only just started reading this thread and personality wise I am the eternal optimist and so i often have a way different perspective to my husband and some of my friends ... I am seeing something here that has not been mentioned.

I am wondering if your husband getting laid off may turn out to be a blessing in disguise (short term it will be really tight money wise for you), but this is the way my brain computes this (if I have read the thread completely right). Your court case was adjourned in order to get all your paperwork together to prove your case. But you now know for definite that your husband is being laid off. So when the case comes to court, if he doesn't have a job then the amount he has to pay will be reduced (or certainly his ex won't be given the $$$ that she is asking for).

If the ex pleads that she can't afford it and asks for you both to pay for extra, don't. Here is why not ... if the cash cow she has been milking is drying up, it should force her into taking a job (they are lots of jobs you don't need a heap of qualifications for) ... McDonalds, Timmies, grocery stores etc. Even if she takes a part-time job to supplement her income, when your husband does get another job, any income she has will be taken into consideration when paying the child support and medical bills etc.
    fantastic ideas...however I believe the ex has native status.. So i'm not sure if the problem is so much how much she's bringing in, its more that she doesn't NEED to work because what she does bring in isn't taxable (money from the band etc) and the money that is taxable is such a small amount. I could be completely wrong, but I feel like its more that she just wants the ex to pay for everything as opposed to the need for him to pay for everything.
    Colsgirl likes this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    fantastic ideas...however I believe the ex has native status.. So i'm not sure if the problem is so much how much she's bringing in, its more that she doesn't NEED to work because what she does bring in isn't taxable (money from the band etc) and the money that is taxable is such a small amount. I could be completely wrong, but I feel like its more that she just wants the ex to pay for everything as opposed to the need for him to pay for everything.
    It sounds like she has a line of ex partners she wants to pay for everything. Her income should still be considered though, whether taxed or not ... if she isn't taxed, great her disposable income is even higher!
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information