User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Free dove shampoo or conditioner at SDM W/coupon

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

seriously, there are list of sdm stores i avoid bc of their ridiculous coupon rules. i usually never use more than 2 of the same coupon to avoid it being scrutinized. it's most likely the managers or store owner's instructions so i don't blame the cashiers too much. the sdm at STC also told me they only accept printed coupons with URL, which is impossible with coupons from smartsource. though i was told this prob half a year ago and i haven't tried again. sdm on markham rd & sheppard are hella sticklers about coupons. one time i had 3 or 4 staff convene on the side to inspect my 1 tearpad coupon (it was the advil one), then they ultimately told me "we have the right to not accept your coupon". man, i'll take my business elsewhere, esp if my wm doesn't give me this much hassle. i haven't tried complaining cause i feel store owners ultimately have the right to enforce these ridiculous rules.

ok this turned into an sdm rant.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The first thing I do is speak to the cashier and the supervisor and have them review the coupon that way there are no confusion. I haven't had any issues.

They usually deny the coupons because they are too scared to make a mistake. I usually review the coupon with them and show them the sites where they are available. This will at least give them reassurance that they are not fraudulent coupons.

I've done this with the 4 or 5 shoppers near me and now I don't have any problems. I only have to do it again if it's a new cashier but once it gets to the Supervisor it goes through since I've dealt with them.

Try not to argue be calm and review the coupon with them. Most deny coupons because the feel it might be fraudulent. This has always worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Valerey, johnb56789, momi and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Shoppers Drug Mart sucks for accepting coupons period. It's not just one Sdm it's all of them.
    Every time I try and use a coupon higher then the shelf price the cashier will refuse the coupon and say I can't allow you to use this because it's on sale and you'll get it free. LOL if I'm paying tax it's not completely free and shoppers gets reimbursement. For example the $2.99 Dove sale and the $3 manufacturer coupon wouldn't be accepted because the cashier said it will be a read flag in the system. They refused my coupons because it was one sent over. They wouldn't even adjust the coupon value to $2.99 even though the coupon policy states they can. What a JOKE! Took the Sdm flyer and price matched it at walmart with no issues.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My SDM's I have had issues with at times, but not horrible for coupons. For me the issues have been at North Ajax and St.Catharines Pen mainly, the rest that I go to are okay. North Ajax, it was the Crest $2 WUB2 and cashier declined the coupon, went to South Ajax and got it there fine. St.Catharines Pen it wasn't really a declining of coupons, just the cashiers having to call supervisors but it was all sorted out and accepted. But I don't normally shop at Shoppers, prices are too high are regular compared to just going to Stupidstore or wherever else to get something instead, heck, even Zehrs is better for prices at times. Even with my discount card for Shoppers Pen, still too expensive
    momi and Neeenerz like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow. My question is what can we do as couponers about all this? Complain to Head Office? There should be consistent rules across all Shoppers. Maybe if we all start complaining, there is a chance that things might change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    momi, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If we all start complaining they may stop coupons in ALL stores!
    Thumpersmom, momi, dededi and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    Shoppers Drug Mart sucks for accepting coupons period. It's not just one Sdm it's all of them.
    Every time I try and use a coupon higher then the shelf price the cashier will refuse the coupon and say I can't allow you to use this because it's on sale and you'll get it free. LOL if I'm paying tax it's not completely free and shoppers gets reimbursement. For example the $2.99 Dove sale and the $3 manufacturer coupon wouldn't be accepted because the cashier said it will be a read flag in the system. They refused my coupons because it was one sent over. They wouldn't even adjust the coupon value to $2.99 even though the coupon policy states they can. What a JOKE! Took the Sdm flyer and price matched it at walmart with no issues.
    Yes, it's a complete joke! The reason why I wanted to get them at Shoppers was because of the points. So much for that...

momi, dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a few years ago, one shoppers doesn't accept Internet coupons at all. they closed down. different store, different policy. i just leave and buy elsewhere.
    agarla, momi, dededi and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Looks like this has become an SDM rant thread, but back to Dove: Is the dry shampoo located with the other Dove hair products? There was no slot for Dove dry shampoo anywhere at my SDM. Wondering if maybe my store doesn't carry it or if its located somewhere else
    momi and Neeenerz like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If anyone still needs the dove shampoo coupons pm me.

momi, Neeenerz and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by myawall View Post
    Had the oddest experience with this one. Went to get my 4 bottles on Sunday, and cashier informed me that they could only accept internet coupons up to $2. So she could ring the coupon at $2 if I wanted. uh, NO! I want my $3 off... have never heard of this before. Where are they getting these rules from. Will try again at my shoppers later, I was utterly dumbfounded. Even went so far as to say obviously standard coupons could be any value, but printed coupons could not be for more than $2 off. What?!!
    which SDM did u have problems with? There are 3 in London that have been a nightmare with this coupon that I know of....Clarke/trafalgar, commissioners/deveron, and Dundas/first
    momi and dededi like this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Where is the printable for the $3 dove ?
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Looks like this has become an SDM rant thread, but back to Dove: Is the dry shampoo located with the other Dove hair products? There was no slot for Dove dry shampoo anywhere at my SDM. Wondering if maybe my store doesn't carry it or if its located somewhere else
    it's with the dove shampoo, but on the top shelf beside the dove hairspray. There are 2 kinds refresh,invigorating and I believe a volumizing one, the reg. price was $8.99 for $2.99 less $3.00 coupon!! It smells really good too!
    torontogal12 and momi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    Where is the printable for the $3 dove ?
    No longer available but I do have some for trade.

Momof3girlies, momi and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today still $2.99? I thought expire?

momi and dededi like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information