User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think NoFrills is closed Friday. The ham on sale is Thursday and Saturday. Unsure when the hands go in sale
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:37 AM.
    avoncallingu, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made a large pan on whole wheat lasagna yesterday, there is enough for supper tonight.
    Thursday supper: oven baked chicken drumsticks, sweet potato fries, veggies

Our kids have been sleeping horribly/getting up way too early. Our twins started their day at 4:45am today. I got baby girl down for a nap just before Dh took big brother to Pre-K. I might soon have twin boy down for a nap, then I'll try to sleep too.

Our kids are participating in two different colouring contests in town. There are also some Easter egg hunts available at the CO-OP and our mall. We'll see if we have the time and energy to do it. The CO-OP's Easter egg hunt sounds easier and faster. The mall's Easter egg hunt requires you to find all 10 eggs, then your name will be entered into a draw.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, my plans changed quickly this morning. I was in contact with a mom whi needs childcare for her school aged son on Monday and Tuesday. She came to meet us on her lunch break today and she's happy for me to care for her son next weekSo I skipped my nap, cleaned house and did some yard work instead. The house looks great, except for our bedroom. I'll have to tackle it soon. I have stuff for Dh to run out to the shed. Next week will be busy. I have plans with our kids every day next week.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So happy we don't need to go shopping really for anything. Easter stuff for kids is bought. We just need hamburger buns which I will pick up tomorrow on my way home from work since I get off early.
    I have the extra lean beef thawing and will make my burger patties and meatballs after dinner is done.
    I have 2 pick ups arranged for tonight and if they both show up then I have $27 for the Crap sold jar.
    While my man is making the pizza I will post and sort stuff for sale since I will be near the kitchen anyway and we can chat

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No Cook's hams at Independent yesterday - apparently they were all gone by noon, and husband went after work.
    Today we'll just pick up a store brand one at Sobeys or Co-op - more expensive and not as good, but that's the way it is sometimes.

First batch of Easter Paska bread is in the oven.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Natalka: I agree the cooks hams are the best. No cooking for me this weekend. The dh and sons are taking me to dinner on Saturday night and my mom is doing a big family dinner Sunday. Since it's my 50th bday I don't have to anything other than show up.
    I am going to my parents early just work on the general decluttering though. Friday will be spent at home cleaning the yard and garage.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Wed, Apr 12th, 2017 at 07:16 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Natalka: I agree the cooks hams are the best. No cooking for me this weekend. The dh and sons are taking me to dinner on Saturday night and my mom is doing a big family dinner Sunday. Since it's my 50th bday I don't have to anything other than show up.
    I am going to my parents early just work on the general decluttering though. Friday will be spent at home cleaning the yard and garage.
    Wishing you a happy birthday this weekend!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy 50th birthday lilo -a little early
    -so nice of you to help your parents declutter also -I am working on decluttering also -don't want to leave to much for my kids to do down the road

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After supper I took our kids to the park. We went with the double stroller and big brother took his bike. Dh's 10yr old cat insisted on joining us. He was a hit at the park with the other families. I had to make sure he returned home with us and didn't end up lost. The park is 4 blocks one way. I was wearing a sweater and I still managed to get my first mosquito bite of the year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I don't get back too often, but it's great to read your posts! I am still trying to catch up with details after my DH's passing and am now preparing to "stage" my condo to sell it and move back to Kitchener-Waterloo area where I spent my career. All my family is now there and all my close friends. It is very hard to part with things that were my husband's belongings. I have asked his kids and his sister what they want but now I have sent away most of his good clothes to friends and/or charities.
    I will send on all his health records to his son as my DH and his father both battled prostate cancer and his son should be careful. It was pancreatic cancer that had metastasized that finally took him, though. I went to a memorial for another friend last weekend who had had basically the same journey.
    I still Don't know what my final income will be and housing in KW has gone as crazy as Toronto. Not the greatest time to move.

I will get a place with my brother who is on a pension and has CP. His mobility is getting more challenged as he gets older.

You are all an inspiration to me! I love to hear your stories oh how to stretch a dollar and taking advantage of combinations of deals.

I haven't totally caught up but haven't seen any posts from Sassy Ashley. Is she still around ?

Got to hit the sack!

Good night folks- keep waging the onslaught on overpaying for things! You are the best!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Avoncallingu Thank you for stopping in and giving us an update. Words continue to fail me. I believe that you are doing your best and moving closer to family and friends sounds like a good decision.
    Yes, SassyAshley is still around.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avoncallinyu-good to hear from you -that's great to move close to family and friends -take care
    -just noticed under my p.c offers -I had a chicken offer that was used -so I got 9,000 points for my turkey the other day -which brings the cost down to 35.25 for a big turkey for my family -cant wait -gotta get out this morning and pick up wine and a few items daughter is bringing a small homemade ball dough to make a loaf of bread and son-in-law wants to buy some cannolis -yummm

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday Lilo

Yep I am still around Avon, just not posting as much

Avon I think sometimes dealing with the items and personal possessions can be the hardest part. I know my mom still struggles with it now, we can start to clean the house but the moment we come across a box that is Nanny stuff from her house everything stops or the whole box gets moved to the side.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Apr 13th, 2017 at 09:16 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIT- Friday for most people. Love long weekends! I have sandals on today woohoo!

I went to RCSS yesterday just to take a look. Found ground pork marked down to $3.33 KG! So I had to buy 4 family packs of course. I had extra lean thawing so I made 24 burger patties. We will cook them tonight and kids can feast on leftovers for next 2 days then will freeze what is left for quick snacks. I also made a huge cookie tray full of meatballs. So quick meals ahead of us.
    Off early today, will grab burger buns on way home. Then make both kids beds with fresh sheets. Put away folded laundry. Tidy the kitchen from last night (didn't wash the pizza pan lol)
    Cleaning out my vehicle sometime this weekend for sure- Tomorrow maybe if it is nice out before we head out of town for dinner.

Payday- Moved all my money- Paid all my bills. Easy come easy go.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Easy come, easy go-that explains my spur of the moment decision yesterday afternoon: the local daily paper listed an animated movie that was released in Japan and was playing in Ancaster last night. The banked $20 was spent on the 7pm show and a bag of popcorn with butter topping. It was my first time using the lobby ticket machine and the movie, Your Name, had two icons on the screen-one for the Japanese version with English subtitles (played last night) and one for the dubbed English version (it will play on Apr.26). Took me a couple of minutes to figure this out. It is rare to get a fairly new Japanese animated movie in this part of Hamilton (online information indicates the distributor only announced North American release dates last week)! Theatre was about 2/3 full so a good crowd.

Baked the braided raisin bread and spelt brownies (great crust but once I cut into still warm (should have waited longer), the brownies were rather moist inside and stuck to knife) yesterday morning. No more intentions to bake due to drama (see rant in First World Problems).

Will spend some time doing walks (cans, money, getting other editions of community paper) today. Have the Executors talk to attend tonight and this time, any workbook will be used to plan my financial paperwork trail.

Sobeys flyer starts TODAY (new day)!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information