User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

My husband's credit card went over, even though he had talked to someone and said which day he was paying (the day the interest charges come off) so he called and they reversed the over limit fee. So frustrating at the time though when you make arrangements and you have to call to straighten it out!
    Easter was great here, the pies were not too bad!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday. The sun is trying to peek out. My man took enough leftovers of the prime rib from dinner last night to make hot sandwiches for our dinner tonight. My mom is always trying to send everything home with us but I try to leave stuff for her to eat the next few days so she doesn't have to cook.
    I had popped the load of laundry I washed yesterday in the dryer last night so will make sure to put it away tonight.
    I haven't been grocery shopping forever (not at all this weekend) so will pop out today I think since I know I won't want to go later this evening. We don't need much but hoping to get the 2Lbs strawberries on sale at RCSS for $3.97. Will grab 2 and clean all of them and put in containers for easy eating.
    Hope everyone has a frugal week
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, our twins decided to start their day at 5:30 this morning. I did two loads of laundry yesterday. I have the second load of laundry in the washing machine this morning. I washed the dishes, swept the kitchen floor, cleaned toys out from under the couch, picked up, and vacuumed the living room. Baby girl went back to bed at 7am. Our boys are both up with me, Dh is still asleep in bed.

Yesterday I sorted winter accessories and boxed up the stuff that I don't expect to need again until the fall. I'm not ready to box up the kids winter jackets yet, we just wore them yesterday. I checked the fit of summer hats and posted a few small ones for sale. I'll need to buy baby girl some sun hats because she outgrew the ones that I had.

Edit:
    I skinned my right elbow yesterday and it and it still hurts every time that I bend it, which sucks extra because I am right handed. My drop-in daycare boy won't be here until about 9:30, so I wanted to swing out to Wal-Mart for discounted Easter chocolate but Dh is discouraging me. I'm resigned to going after the boy is picked up at the end of the day. Sometimes the Easter chocolate ends up being cheaper than chipits chocolate for baking. I bought absolutely no Easter candy and instead used treats that were already in the house, I just had to buy a new bag of plastic Easter eggs. The plastic Easter eggs are already bagged up to use again next year.

Well, I have folded and put away three out of the four loads of laundry. I just put one more big load of laundry in the dryer. It's been a very productive morning so far. I've been up, had breakfast, and I'm hungry again...better go find some food because it is too early for lunch.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 17th, 2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Well, our twins decided to start their day at 5:30 this morning. I did two loads of laundry yesterday. I have the second load of laundry in the washing machine this morning. I swept the kitchen floor, cleaned toys out from under the couch, picked up, and vacuumed the living room. Baby girl went back to bed at 7am. Our boys are both up with me, Dh is still asleep in bed.

Yesterday I sorted winter accessories and boxed up the stuff that I don't expect to need again until the fall. I'm not ready to box up the kids winter jackets yet, we just wore them yesterday. I checked the fit of summer hats and posted a few small ones for sale. I'll need to buy baby girl some sun hats because she outgrew the ones that I had.
    Thank-you! I think my plan tonight will be to wash and pack up the winter stuff! Thanks for the reminder I have some empty Rubbermaid bins that I will use then I can put them in storage and out of the way.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well so glad I got the 17 pound turkey as both grown kids got to take some white meat home
    -looked at my closet and drawers hardly have any short sleeve tops so gonna wait for value village or talize sale and hope I can make it ( I have a ton of tank tops so don't need any there )
    -just starting a puzzle and doing laundry
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Apr 17th, 2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well so glad I got the 17 pound turkey as both grown kids got to take some white meat home
    -looked at my closet and drawers hardly have any short sleeve tops so gonna wait for value village or talize sale and hope I can make it ( I have a ton of tank tops so don't need any there )
    -just starting a puzzle and doing laundry
    Posted earlier today. This Wednesday is 50% off short sleeve tops at value village.

Value Village: Wed April 19 - 50% off SS Tops

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Apr 17th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shoot cant make it this Wednesday -babysitting all day -too tired to go at night ,still have a cold a bit
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

No work for me today so just doing laundry and cleaning, making chicken soup in the slow cooker and posting things on kijiji! Have a great day all!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meal plan for the week. Not too much planned yet but will make an effort to use up stuff in freezer and plan accordingly. Still haven't been shopping and don't think I will make it out today.

Tonight my man is making us hot sandwiches with leftover prime rib from last night.

The rest of the week-

Meatballs with green beans and perogies one night (have everything on hand for this)
    That is all I have planned so far.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Thank-you! I think my plan tonight will be to wash and pack up the winter stuff! Thanks for the reminder I have some empty Rubbermaid bins that I will use then I can put them in storage and out of the way.
    Im terrible...our winter stuff gets washed at the start if winter rather than the end. I think it stems from me storing my winter stuff for years in a musty basement abd it got frustrating to wash at the end then agai. To take the must out before wearing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Posted some clothes and fabric for sale on facebook today. Weve been sorting things to sell as we packed to move. Most of the to sell stuff is sitting at the old house for a garage sale once the snow is gone enough to empty the shed. If we sell before then there will bea clause to giveus a chance to gwt the,shed and our outdoor stuff removed by a certain date.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela 273 jeans do come in 1" increments it depends on the brand name (see link below from Marks.ca)

https://www.marks.com/en/categories/...vel-3&x4=waist

If I may say I think that the fact that your brother & sil are willing to post and ad and pay for daycare is a complete slap in the face when they expect you to accommodate them and pay nothing
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela 273 jeans do come in 1" increments it depends on the brand name (see link below from Marks.ca)

If I may say I think that the fact that your brother & sil are willing to post and ad and pay for daycare is a complete slap in the face when they expect you to accommodate them and pay nothing
    saundyl and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi everyone,

Busy last couple of day, MIL hosted Easter lunch yesterday was nice to not have to cook.

I called my folks when we got back and my mom blasted me about them waiting all day for me to call? Apparently she wasn't listening when I told her last week that MIL was hosting Easter meal, doesn't surprise me as she doesn't listen anyways. I quickly shut her down, I guess I better remind her over the next 8 months that I won't be hosting Christmas because MIL made a point of saying after Christmas that she is hosting this year. Apparently they expected to be invited for Easter meal and were waiting all day, I called at 330pm to wish them a Happy Easter, they were invited to my nieces but didn't want to accept or decline her invite because they were expecting a call from me....sheech

What a crazy weather day, dh put my new clothesline up, I started to hang the laundry and it started to drizzle. Brought it all in and hung inside, then beautiful sunshine, took down, rehung outside, 10 minutes later it was snowing , so it's hanging inside (lol).

The kiddos are at the inlaws playing Dungeons & Dragons with BIL so I guess they will be having supper there given the time

Wishing everyone a great evening

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

I kind of feel the same way. We have been helping them for months, we even contributed to their goffundme page that was supposed to be used to pay for moving. They have posted and paid someone else when I was unavailable in the fall, because I was caring for my regular paying daycare kids. I don't necessarily want my brother's money, but I also don't want to be treated like this. I run a home daycare and I'm struggling to pay my own bills...but I guess I'm only good enough when it is free and convenient for SIL.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information