User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had our big garage sale today. The weather was great for it. We made $374.75 and have lots of stuff left to have another garage sale in May.

I've already started a list of people to pm a reminder for our next garage sale, since they were unable to come to today's sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 29th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

what a great way to clear clutter and make some cash @Angela273
    I have a huge pile save for a charity garage sale next month and will be so happy to see it go.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had a pretty productive day yesterday which makes me happy. I am really into spring cleaning this year, although yesterday I became very focus on getting stuff out of the house, I was looking for garbage and recycling and anything that would leave the house. I managed to get collect 3 bags of garbage and 1 box of recycling. Most of this was out of the basement from when we put up the shelving last year, some how the garbage got pushed to the back of the room and blocked in so I dug it out.

I also did a quick tidy up in the stockpile room and got rid of some stuff that has been there forever and was not being used. Over the last couple of years we have really changed out eating habits and there were items down there we just do not eat anymore and we kept saying we would get rid of but once we went down and saw everything we would keep it. I decided yesterday since I was home alone I would gather it all up and get it out of the house and I am betting no one will notice it missing.

I also started to sort through the Dinning Room. I grabbed some boxes and bins from the basement and started to sort everything into bins. I am really hoping that when Mom sees how many boxes I can fill she will see that we cannot keep everything. She thinks if we organize everything we can keep most of it but I do not see that happening, I am really hoping she just doesn't realize how much we have.

I was also able to get about 15 items posted yesterday. There are still more items in the hallway I need to take photos of and more in the basement drying from being washed yesterday. I already have a couple picks up scheduled for this week and hoping to get a few more.

Mom wants to work on the living room today, I am hoping to find more items to post and also find the love-seat which is blocked in right now.

Well I think it is time to get moving on today and see what we can get done. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good afternoon! Today is sunny so I have a load of laundry hanging. Also maybe a kijiji person coming for a nightstand and one coming tomorrow. Today we are doing an escape room with a castle theme, luckily I put money away for it.
    We were considering a yardsale, but we are just going to piggyback on the inlaws' sale. The last time I had one some wierdo was looking at shoes and asked if he could smell my feet! Kinda put me off having another one.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We had our big garage sale today. The weather was great for it. We made $374.75 and have lots of stuff left to have another garage sale in May.

I've already started a list of people to pm a reminder for our next garage sale, since they were unable to come to today's sale.
    That's wonderful!

I can't remember if I mentioned it here, or just did a rant, but the tranny went on our van Friday. Not worth fixing, not worth getting a new, used, or refurbished one - so we will be looking for another used vehicle. Husband uses it for work, and needs to be basically a portable toolbox, equipment, and supplies vehicle - and a van is best for that.

So we didn't have to be all in a panic and buy something quickly - luckily our son has two vehicles running at this point - his antique Cadillac and his pickup truck, so he is letting us use the car for now, then my husband will be able to use the truck for work. Today they will have to go transfer tools and such, and get all the other stuff into his workplace's warehouse.

Timing is not great for this - but when is it ever? (well, unless one is loaded...)

Have a great day, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was able to pick up more free clothes for baby girl from a lady in town. I'm tackling looking through the bins for the next clothes that fit our kids and trying to get their summer clothes in order. I brought in my box of summer clothes too. I ran a bit of summer clothes over for my neighbour's youngest boy. This all takes a lot of work and organization, but it also saves us a lot of money. I'm now on the hunt for sun hats for baby girl because the ones from last year are becoming small on her. I have already washed three loads laundry this weekend, still need to fold and put away. I'm taking a break and hoping to catch a nap.

I really need to get meal planning again. I'll be doing a big grocery shop on 10% Tuesday at Sobeys, I might be ambitious and take the kids with me so that I can get it done during the day. We are expecting a call from the soccer coach, our son's first season of soccer starts next week. His games/practices will be 6-7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so we'll need to be organized in order to get people fed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 30th, 2017 at 05:49 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All. We enjoyed our free brunch and I brought home $20 in free juice,choc milk and chips for kids with comps. Have laundry on the go. Putting it away as I go. Oldest is at friends house and youngest is at Grandma's. Our Internet is not working till we can get new modum tomorrow lol. The storm the other night did something to it. Oh well stuff happens. At least I can do laundry in peace ☺
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 1st, 2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, that was an extremely short nap. My brother called and I will now be caring for my twin nephews for a total for 4 full days this week. This time we came to an agreement regarding a reduced payment, that way I'm helping them out but also getting a small amount of money for it. Turns out SIL didn't pay anyone to care for the twins last time, they were helped out by a distant friend of Nana's. She was surprised by how much people wanted paid per day. I'll probably arrange for SIL or Nana to pick our son up from Pre-K at lunch time this week. It'll be a long week, but it'll all work out.

Our two boys just got up from their nap, so Dh is taking them for a walk and bike ride. I'm going to try to catch a quick nap before I need to make supper or baby girl wakes up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:03 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Great deals on our local garage sale Facebook page today.
    $20 Hotwheels bike with training wheels, still in great condition. Our son has taken 3 bike rides on it today and absolutely loved his new bike. He has gotten really fast on it. Now Dh or I need to buy a "new" bike.
    $10 for 20 items of clothing for our son, one is a brand new t-shirt with tags still on it with a picture of a tv character on it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Great deals on our local garage sale Facebook page today.
    $20 Hotwheels bike with training wheels, still in great condition. Our son has taken 3 bike rides on it today and absolutely loved his new bike. He has gotten really fast on it. Now Dh or I need to buy a "new" bike.
    $10 for 20 items of clothing for our son, one is a brand new t-shirt with tags still on it with a picture of a tv character on it.
    Kid stuff has a great resale rate if you keep it in good condition. My best deal was a Little Tykes house I bought for $20. Youngest used it for 3 years and then I sold it for $60 We just opened the shed for the season and have 3 bikes to get rid of. And the new bike I bought for DS last year...I think he may out grow it by the end of the summer. That kids is growing like a week. We raised the seat so he should be good for this summer and then I will get him a new one in the Spring.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm happy to say that our kids slept through the night, then baby boy started his day at 5am. I got 6hrs sleep in a row, which was good. It's been a productive morning so far. I've folded and put away 3 large loads of laundry this morning. There is a small basket of clothes sitting on our son's bed, he'll put them away when he gets home from Pre-K. I've already washed his "new" clothes. I have another load of laundry on, and a load of dress clothes will go on next. I'm happy with the amount of summer tops and bottoms that I have. I'll need to try them on at some point, but I already picked up a few new ones this spring.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, May 1st, 2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 - great $ win with childcare for nephews! That helps you!
    Angela273 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread Information