Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie bargain -take care
    youand me -so sorry this has happened glad you have family to help out
    -I got 2 tomato plants at freshco today for .50 she gave me half off as 2 were missing -my daughter is out tonight with Sebastian so we are relaxing after I watched Ashlyn today -on Wednesday I will let Ashlyn pick out a summer top at Walmart as she needs a treat too-gave her a kinder egg today

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -speaking of getting old, today I chose to sit on the padded banquette seat over a hard chair in the eating area of Fortinos. Backside bones like comfort whenever possible; new bus seats are a punishment if I have to sit on them for over 20minutes on any trip (need a seat cushion soon).
    @Angela _273 -oh, glad that you were able to have a phone call with Grandma. Will keep her in prayers tonight.
    @lizzie bargain -dining Roman style on the side propped on a forearm probably is not possible but are you getting smoothies with protein offered as a compromise on meals and your need to lie down to feel relief? You will make it to DD's grad-you are going to see her at convocation because you helped to make it possible for her to get to that stage.

Did some grocery shopping in the morning-bought dried apricots at Food Basics (3 for $5) so I can snack on them or roast with veggies. Also bought some green olives and large Kraft salad dressing (on sale for $1.99 at Fortinos in about 12 varieties) as the two dressings at home are nearly used up. Noticed small cauliflower heads on the reduced produce rack for $1.99 at Fortinos. Similar sized organic cauliflower heads are $1.49 at Longos (seen this evening). Will have to see if I can get one head tomorrow.

Longos has case pop (Canada Dry, Coke) on sale for $3.79 until Thursday and this includes that Blackberry ginger ale variety,so I used my $1.50 off coupon for a case tonight.

Previewed tops in women's and men's at Value Village in advance of the sale and not much nabbed my attention. Will return tomorrow to see what additions are put on the racks.

It helped to have cooked lentils in the fridge from yesterday. I made the mistake of not adding mild curry until the end of cooking because the Herbes de Provence just did not give enough zip to the lentils during cooking. Somehow I have managed to still have napa cabbage in the fridge -I'm very slow to take a handful daily so will have to see how much cabbage can still be salvaged.

I will recycle my Barilla pasta coupons and my Tasty Rewards coupons as they expire tomorrow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Beautiful sunny day here to start. Clouds are moving in.

I put a load in the washer last night after hockey. Will have to finish drying it tonight and put it away. Will do another load this evening (or 2) to keep up on laundry. I think I will cheat and just start when I get home from work. I can't wait till 7pm.
    DS started a new job (his dream teenager job) Produce boy at local grocery store! He was happy to tell me the sales on fruit (he is a big fruit eater) Told me he would give me the inside scoop lol (didn't want to burst his bubble by telling him I can see the upcoming sale flyers ) He also realized he needs to be prepared with water etc. He didn't have any money so didn't have a drink/food all night. He isn't use to that since he has worked in restaurants and they always received a meal. So will have to remind him to take a water bottle to refill at work (trying to remind him to not waste money on water!) I am happy that he really likes his new job.

I have hamburger buns in the fridge since tonight's dinner plan was burgers and salad. I will tell DS to text me when it is his break and we can bring him dinner.

The freezer is really almost empty of meat! A few nice beef roasts that we just haven't had a chance to make (we try to plan it on a Sunday when everyone is home but sometimes it doesn't work out that way) And I have lots of steak which is good for the summer. (and tons of ice cream lol I always buy lots in summer so DS can share with his friends) Hoping I can move the last bits in the kitchen freezer and unplug the chest freezer. (I am getting rid of it and buying an upright one but will wait till the fall- I want to see if I notice a difference in Hydro)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just checked out the upcoming sale flyers. Happy with all the fruits and veggies on sale! We will be eating like Kings and the Queen this week! My kids both love fruit. I have to hide it to make it last. Love when watermelons are on for $2.97. I cut it all up and put in snack size containers in the fridge so we can just grab and go. .77 for English Cucumbers is a deal too! Staple in our house.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dad called this morning. Grandma is gone. Dad was with her when she passed at 6:30 this morning. Dad was there when Grandpa died nearly 29yrs ago. I guess they are finally together again. Family is arriving at the hospital now.

edit: My Aunt knows Grandma's wishes. She will be cremated, there is a plot by Grandpa. We will have a Celebration of Life, not anytime soon, that way people will be apple to make arrangements to travel.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 31st, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Angela sorry to hear of the passing of your grandma
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 my condolences.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela so sorry for your family loss

You and Me hope it doesn't take too long to get everything cleaned up

Lizzie hope you feel better soon, back pain can be the worst I remember when I was a teenager getting ready to go to College my Mom hurt her back and was flat on her back for 4 months.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Going to do some light grocery shopping tonight after work. we really do not need much just:
    Yogurt
    Berries
    Bread

Mom already grabbed Milk and Butter earlier in the week as she needed to stop and get vitamins.

Will look and see if anything on the clearance racks catch my eye but probably not unless it is meat. Really we are still well stocked which is nice for a change.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Angela273 so very sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 so sorry to hear about your grandma

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@YOU AND ME so sorry to hear about the flooding

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -sorry about the loss of your dear grandma

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my daughter and I took the 2 grandkids over to local swimming pool for an hour -Ashlyn was a bit afraid but all in all it was fun
    -we had a bbq and sat out back tonight chicken ,corn on cob ,peas and buns and baked potatoes-my daughter commented how nice our deck was with the dinner table ,small loveseat and 2 big chairs and offset umbrella -I just cooked Pillsbury cinnamon buns with icing at 8.00 p.m and daughter and I sat out there talking -well she talked and thanked me for listening

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information