User Tag List

Page 569 of 654 FirstFirst ... 69 469 519 559 567 568 569 570 571 579 619 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Wanting to move, not wanting to do the homework for it. (You know, the responsible adult part of it)
    Adulting sucks..
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just when I think the world cannot possible dump anything else on me, it comes back with a vengeance and produces another s**t storm.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, a mere 3 months after having to get my Laptop fixed as the hard drive failed, It is back in with Best Buy yet again. Turns out this time it is a Software issue with the stupid thing that'll take a week or more to fix and I have to resort to using my universities computer lab until that date to post here. At first, the fella there said that Software issues are not covered under my given warranty, but he talked with his colleague and they said that they would repair it under the warranty regardless.

Now it is just a matter of when I go to pick it up if they try to charge me like they have done to me before with my last laptop's hard drive failure in which I prepaid for a hard drive, went to pick it up and they said that I owed $60, turns out they didn't install the one I paid for and expected me to pay for it, but I set them straight and it was covered.
    barbis9, Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Suddenly can't put library books on my Kobo. I go through the motions but when I eject the reader from my computer the screen stays stuck on the eject screen. Plug it back in without connecting to the computer gets it going again but when I search for the book, it's not on the Kobo. Go through the motions again, it tells me that the book is already on there. Great. Eject. Get stuck on eject screen again. Rinse, repeat. Book is still not there. Dammit.

I should sync the Kobo and do the updates, it's been two years since I've done it, but every time I did it in the past, some update or the other would bugger things up on it so I stopped the updates. Perhaps a factory reset first, it's not like I need the books that are on there anyway. Most of them were free and they're still on my Kobo account if I ever do decide to read one of them. Grumblesigh. I hate technology. No wonder I prefer real books.
    Last edited by GoJays; Thu, Jun 8th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Now more technology decides to fail me, why am I growing up in this generation!!

Trying to print coupons from my tablet via Wireless printing and every time I try to do something involving the internet, it decides that It doesn't want to work, but everything else involving the internet works fine on it, or as I like to call this phenomenon "Selective Network Connection", and that's with trying to use not only the internet, but DATA on my stupid tablet as well.

And now I can't log into through Facebook to access my Shopping List and was about ready to put my fist through this stupid computer at my school I'm using.

I seem to have the absolute worst luck when it comes to modern technology as EVERY and I mean EVERY device/ piece of technology I have owned has failed in some way!

I want to go back to the early 2000's, I feel that technology was more reliable back then than it is today
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Now more technology decides to fail me, why am I growing up in this generation!!

Trying to print coupons from my tablet via Wireless printing and every time I try to do something involving the internet, it decides that It doesn't want to work, but everything else involving the internet works fine on it, or as I like to call this phenomenon "Selective Network Connection", and that's with trying to use not only the internet, but DATA on my stupid tablet as well.

And now I can't log into through Facebook to access my Shopping List and was about ready to put my fist through this stupid computer at my school I'm using.

I seem to have the absolute worst luck when it comes to modern technology as EVERY and I mean EVERY device/ piece of technology I have owned has failed in some way!

I want to go back to the early 2000's, I feel that technology was more reliable back then than it is today
    I hear you, I have been told by numerous people that I have "electronic poltergeist" strange stuff happens all of the time.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, a mere 3 months after having to get my Laptop fixed as the hard drive failed, It is back in with Best Buy yet again. Turns out this time it is a Software issue with the stupid thing that'll take a week or more to fix and I have to resort to using my universities computer lab until that date to post here. At first, the fella there said that Software issues are not covered under my given warranty, but he talked with his colleague and they said that they would repair it under the warranty regardless.

Now it is just a matter of when I go to pick it up if they try to charge me like they have done to me before with my last laptop's hard drive failure in which I prepaid for a hard drive, went to pick it up and they said that I owed $60, turns out they didn't install the one I paid for and expected me to pay for it, but I set them straight and it was covered.
    Thanks for posting.....I was thinking of being a refurbished item from Best Buy and was curious about their warranty - good to know. Is your laptop old? And what brand is it?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Seems like Facebook had issues yesterday around the time you were posting John. http://canadianoutages.com/status/fa...-at-facebook-4

Like your selective network connectivity phrase. I could not print Tasty Rewards coupons on one library visit at all. Another day, I had success in printing the coupons. Think SNC has legs!
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Jun 9th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.
    toronto166 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Full moon craziness - tonight is the Strawberry moon and elders say its the hardest moon - so lots of weird things the past few days.
    Working at Loblaws here - just organizing the shelves - the meat manager starts talking to me - then talks to me more, asks if I know any single people, ignored him, then I ask for one burger . He says oh your single - nope happily married and he makes a comment if I would cheat. Umm wtf and no f'ing way. Then today empty miway express bus - guy sits besides me - bus is empty every seat empty and he had this weird smell. so I got up and moved ..

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Adulting sucks..
    I'm resolved to act in a more mature manner
    whenever I get out of the time-out chair.
    Honest.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Thanks for posting.....I was thinking of being a refurbished item from Best Buy and was curious about their warranty - good to know. Is your laptop old? And what brand is it?
    It is an HP Pavilion 15.6, bought it new from them with a GSP (General Service Plan) from Geek Squad. Laptop was $600 and service plan was $140/2 years. Got the laptop August 2015 I believe, Always have the worst luck with my laptops and with the 3 laptops I've had, I've never gotten more than 2 years out of one.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

we have a slow closing toilet seat (bemis)...well after 4 yrs it is now FAST closing...so i take it off & clean it thoroughly like they suggested...still doesnt work.

son went & bought new one at CT. (Delta)..the bolts are too big for holes in toilet! WTH?
    now i have to return that. I will take some pics of our toilet & see if someone can help me..... *sighhh*
    toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    we have a slow closing toilet seat (bemis)...well after 4 yrs it is now FAST closing...so i take it off & clean it thoroughly like they suggested...still doesnt work.
    son went & bought new one at CT. (Delta)..the bolts are too big for holes in toilet! WTH?
    now i have to return that. I will take some pics of our toilet & see if someone can help me..... *sighhh*
    Dare I say it?? -- "sh_tty!"

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Its been a crappy four days - dad who is 87 living in a nursing home - being rushed to the hospital throwing up blood, had scope down and he came out. Next day young new intern calls me saying better be ready its the end of your dad. Then freaking out going to work and my sane aunt said call his nurse and get a better understanding. Nope not at the end just needs a blood transfusion. Like why would you scare the living crap out of me and saying all doom and gloom and the nurse was like nope he was never near that. After the blood transfusion, he ate a lot and all vitals signs great. But she better get some bed side manner before she practices on her own.

Only positive thing was 🐧🏒🐧🏒
    Linda Evans and Davetherave like this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is no such thing as 'Hawaiian pizza',seriously get over it.

Thread Information