User Tag List

Page 198 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 698 1198 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 It's currently in my hip/thigh area and such a pain. If I can go a few months i'd be happy and not every couple weeks. I think it's a bit better but i'm so tired I really don't know lol. This natural remedy does seem to be working but it flairs up out of nowhere.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@avoncallingu & @Darth Penguin - I understand completely.
    My hubby died 2 weeks before Christmas 8 & 1/2 years ago, and yesterday @ my garage sale, I finally was able to part with some of his hobby 'stuff', and all the rest of personal belongings that I still had. I only cried once, maybe because there were so many people around.
    It's so sad, but it does get easier - eventually.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@cabmonk - what a night you had. I'm so you have to live in that environment, but you seem to be handling all the disturbances pretty well. I sure hope your back & hips ease up for you.

And, @avoncallingu - the bathtub idea was a good one, and I'm happy you didn't have to use it.

@Lynn49 - sorry you have to deal with all those tent caterpillars, I remember some really bad years @ our cottage. Sure didn't make it enjoyable.
    No, I didn't repeat the sale today; virtually everything was
    gone. I went to church this morning, and had a funeral this afternoon. I just finished my laundry and getting all the yard waste, garbage and recycling bins out. I'm so done.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Sun, Jun 18th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The brood bought me a Father's Day card....I spent half the morning in tears...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My friend came and helped by packing up my baking cupboard and also the guest bathroom. I gave her one out our TV's which we struggled to get into her car. . Sadie was delighted to see her but keeps roaming around trying to find a "comfortable place.

I came across a bin that I had already packed with some DH's memorabilia so that's just coming.

I cleaned out the front foyer so that I could display car cleaning equipment and also a dog crate and things like dog booties that Sadie just won't wear.

I found 4 more boxes in the storage room that I hope to get through -Argh! I had a fit when I saw two bags and a box at the front door thinking that, somehow, they might be for me! It was just someone leaving things out to be picked up for CP. Whew!

And then the cataloguer and photographer come on Tuesday. I would think we will "go live" by Wednesday or Thursday.

I am going to Cambrige and KW on Tuesday night til Wednesday to try a sleep-over with my friend and her new dog. And also to meet my new doctor (GP).

Also might try another "meeting-of-the-minds" between the cat and Sadie.

Won't see my other brother's family ,though, as his wife's grandmother just passed away and the funeral is We'd. In the other end of the province. My poor sil just had dental surgery -a bone graft- so I don't envy her the long ride but she was quite close to her grandma.

Well, mighty-night folks as another week looms and then zoom- it's gone!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Milan came over last evening for supper here to celebrate his Dad - and he drove himself, so he feels great that he got his independence back! If his truck hadn't been a standard, he would have driven earlier...
    He's more mobile, but still has to be so very careful. He's not in much pain, which is good.

Enjoy the day, all!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, I hope U have a lovely Monday!
    Name:  da94bbd9a596073502ff59f1b6d26f88.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  79.2 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well. That was a lovely summer.
    It was a tich short, though.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well. That was a lovely summer.
    It was a tich short, though.
    I hate dreams like that also

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ............actually, we get this invasion every 10 or so years, but even after the one we had MANY years ago when we had to torch the things off our brick home, nothing like that ever appeared.
    Actually there ARE already, friendly flies there, too!! Apparently they lay their eggs in the cucoons of the caterpillars so that their numbers diminish the next year.
    The friendly flies are mostly at the beach, but they don't seem to bother anyone, really...they don't bite, they just land on clothing and well....stay there until brushed off. They really are friendly. hahaha..yuck.

We've never had that happen there before, but apparently, according to our biologist/professor neighbour, it'll be 10 years until we see them again. So....WE'LL never see them again!! Kids might.

I'll take a friendly fly over a caterpillar anytime!!!
    I'd take the flies, too!

We have tent caterpillars here - luckily not many in our yard, but out in the wider city it's really bad - and in rural, very icky.
    Icky video here - and also a very good explanation of the crawlies across Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/te...nada-1.4164334

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    I hate dreams like that also
    ...it...it's not a dream, @GoodBoy ....it's a NIGHTMARE and it's REAL!! It was 16 this morning, only up to 20 righ t now and the sun wants to mostly hide!!
    Stupid Farmer's Almanac.
    It's all their fault.
    They predicted this....a rainy, dull summer.
    Stupid summer.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

The guy that was arrested was back yesterday. The other guy that lives above me asks him how he is. He says oh yeah my blood sugar was really low so I was taken to the hospital. I'm like yeah ok dummy, I heard the cops talking to him and saying he's stupid for taking those drugs and have you ever been arrested before. He thinks no one knows what's going on and it was only a medical thing lol.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Busy day. Somehow I became a moderator of a streaming site. Spent the day getting acclimatized. Fortunately there are others worldwide so we cover 24x7. So far fun

Sent from my iPhone

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wild weather all around! Mother Nature is having her way with us!
    Sorry you're hurting, cabbie!
    Well, I took Sadie to the vet and I guess she has been bitten by tics. The attendant struggled to get blood from her ( she was very good) only to have the vet say that they won't be able to tell if she's infected for another 2 weeks.
    She went back to being MONSTER dog in the waiting area but only after the Great Dane and 2 Rottweilers walked in.
    There was a feature about how awful the caterpillars are this year on Toronto news but haven't seen such an infestation in "The Forest City." I would be creep me out. We used to get swarmed with "Sand Flies" about once a summer in Chatham. Yuckola!
    I had some more help today but I seem to have wrenched my back and so I have to stop. What will be will be wrt the online auction.

I found 4 more "mysterious" boxes and the second-to-last one did me in. Just too heavy. I am lying down with ice on my back and just chilling (ha!-little joke).

I am glad that Milan is getting gradually better. Time-the great healer.

Well, Jays are playing Texas- I think I will catch a couple of innings.

Enjoy the last of spring. Summer comes on Wednesday!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Yeah I always try to stay to myself. Anyway my gout acted back up and I can't really stand up again.
    Hi cabmonk .. so sorry read that your not feeling well .. hope that gout stops acting up .. hope you feel better soon Take extra care yourself

Thread Information