User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By johnb56789
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: CIBC account and fee changes occurring on Sept. 1, 2017

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While visiting the ATM yesterday to confirm whether a tax credit was already in my account, I took notice of the big display sign listing changes-a student account will change to a new version and the older one will be discontinued on Sept. 1. Senior account change as well.

https://www.cibc.com/content/dam/per...updates-en.pdf

My passbook fee will increase from $2 to $2.50/month; account fee of $3.90 per month (everyday chequing) will not change. I consider myself fortunate the rates did not change last year. Doing my part to keep my local branch in service, I guess.

For those of you keeping a minimum balance in your everyday chequing to get the fee waived, you will be paying a monthly charge.

Discontinuation of certified cheque service on cheques drawn on personal accounts. Then what do personal banking customers do instead? World money orders?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe opt out of getting a passbook and print transactions at the CIBC machine.
    Maybe use a PC Financial account. PC Financial allows you to use CIBC machine and their own. Less fees. Plus bonus interest sometimes.

Also you can try asking them to waive the passbook free when you switch over. We tried this at the local branch and they said No. We called the toll free customer service line and they said yes. They mailed confirmation of the fee reversal.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Glad my fees won't be changing, just got a Student LOC with them to pay for my car. This is the reason I don't do my main banking with the "Big 5" directly, all these changes seemingly every month! PC and Meridian Forever!!
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Maybe opt out of getting a passbook and print transactions at the CIBC machine.
    Maybe use a PC Financial account. PC Financial allows you to use CIBC machine and their own. Less fees. Plus bonus interest sometimes.

Also you can try asking them to waive the passbook free when you switch over. We tried this at the local branch and they said No. We called the toll free customer service line and they said yes. They mailed confirmation of the fee reversal.
    The ATM machine prints on pages that look as about as large as two bankbook pages together. I had not known that calling could work to reverse the book charge. But to staff credit, one or two have tried to suggest I go without the bankbook to save money but I want the book. I cannot do online banking as yet so like having a hard copy of my transactions and do need counter service and this branch is close to my usual grocery stores.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

CIBC and Loblaws part ways. PC Financial Bank now will be called Simplii bank from Nov. 1.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Thread Information