User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Checking Your Receipt Before Leaving A Store

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I almost always check it. I had too many times that my items on sale were checked out at regular price. Can't have that.
    macw1960 likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

ALWAYS CHECK! Every time I'm at RCSS I will be watching the entire checkout to get SCOP easily, then check the receipt before I leave, check it before I get on the bus and while I'm on the bus. If anything is wrong while I'm still in the store, right to customer service to correct. The most recent issue was a shelf tag said 200 In store points when you buy this item and I didn't get the points, went to customer service and corrected immediately
    macw1960, walkonby and SavvyLady like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is the scop rule?
    macw1960 likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    What is the scop rule?
    SCOP - Scanning Code of Practice: Most grocery stores and some other retailers follow this code, you can tell as you enter the store or at the checkout they will have a sign up for it. It simply states that IF the scanned price of the item is HIGHER than the SHELF price, you get the item FREE up to $10. If it is over $10, you get it at the shelf price less $10. If it is a taxable item, it is brought down to the shelf price, taxed and then either the shelf price deducted or $10, depending on the shelf price of the item.

For example, I was at Superstore the other week and noticed that they had a price tag up that was past its date for some Coca Cola, so I was able to get SCOP on it. It went as follows...

Coca Cola (6*710mL): $3.50 SHELF, $4.67 RUNG, Price brought to $3.50 (I got Student Discount on it) - 10%($0.35) = $3.56 TAXED - SCOP ($3.50 OFF) = $0.06 (Without Student, It would've been $0.46)

The one thing you should always make sure of if you are going to ask to claim SCOP is that the price tag you saw was not simply the item in the wrong place. It has to be the right tag for the right item in the right place.

Another small thing for SCOP is that it is per SKU/ Barcode (I.E. If Dove Body wash has the wrong price listed for all the different scents, then you are allowed to claim a SCOP on each scent of it, not only one!)

I think I've covered pretty much everything for SCOP, but there may have been little bits I forgot, If anyone has anything to add, please do, I've only ever gotten SCOP a couple times before
    macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always check my receipts too before I leave the store. I have received many SCOP's over the years. In general, I find if I go in early on the first day of the new flyer, that is the time I am most likely to get a SCOP as all prices may not be changed yet. I am sure this varies from store to store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I try and check but I don't always see the mistakes. Twice in the last week I got nailed. Once for tax on and item that is not taxable and one where the cashier didn't put in the discount for the pink sticker. Really annoying but going to hand onto the receipt and see if I can get a correction the next time I go to that store.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I check before I leave the store, and go to customer service desk to correct any errors. When I make my grocery list, for any items that appear in the flyer, I write down the price. That way I know what the price is supposed to be. Ended up getting a SCOP on Bounty a few weeks ago at YIG, cause was charged $4.77 (which was actually the price on the shelf tag) but the flyer price was $4.44. Probably wouldn't have caught that one if price wasn't noted on my list.
    macw1960 and agarla like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information