User Tag List

Page 244 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 744 1244 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 29327
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good mrning, everyone!!

Busy morning, DH just got home from his sleep-clinic overnight review, my friend just left after her sleep-over here...stayed up sipping wine and chatting until 2am. Everything seems back to normal now..
    @cabmonk, crap, Hon, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with so much pain, particularly on sunny days...seems like the sun has something to do with your gout flare-ups! Jk... Isn't there any pain med that your doctor(s) can provide for you? I mean, it's not the middle ages, we should have better pain control in this century...what a hellofa thing to happen to someone so young. {{{hugs}}}

@walkonby, your talk of borsch makes me want to make it now! We all love it here, and I usually give the kids enough for a couple of dinners, too. Something to think about; it's finding the right cut of meat that always puts me behind. I always like a bone-in beef for the flavour, so I guess it's going on my grocery list. As for yogurt, not sure I'd personally enjoy that, but FF sour cream? Now that's my idea of a neat-cheat! Glad you all enjoyed it so much! I love having it in the freezer in winter when things can get so busy pre-Christmas...it's such a wonderful comfort food.

So, @avoncallingu, what's on your usual busy agenda today?? Did mysterious strangers drop any new boxes of stuff through your windows in the night? How's wee Sadie today? Give her a big squeeze for me...she sure made an impression on our GS...he still talks about her..hahaha...

@22hicks, hope you're doing well this morning; is your sister being discharged today or have I completely lost track of time and my mind? How's Jake doing? I stil don't know what's wrong with him....give him a gentle hug for me, please...poor muffin.

So, off to face the day although I'm quite overtired from out late-night chat; I think DH is ready to nap now, too, he sure doesn't exactly get a peaceful night's sleep at that clinic, all wired up like that.

Take care everyone, it's a drizzly day here, stay safe!

Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:00 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

One of my guilty pleasures is taping The View and then just watching the very early part of the show where they bash Trump!
    ( mainly Joy Behar ha ha ha ) Well today I am so glad I watched the whole show!!

If you have time watch the video from around the 16:50 mark until the end.....I'll bet any one of you will be sobbing as was I.....but I was also laughing wildly at the man's Mom. My heart was aching with love after seeing this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ gosh, I haven't seen that show in years - had no clue as to who some of those women were.
    I'm assuming it was the show with the navy vet - amazing house for them! And, yeah, his mom is a hoot!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 Thanks, Yeah I do have stuff for gout pain. Usually ibuprofen or naproxen do the trick for me and get pain down in a couple hours to where it's manageable and within 24 hours almost completely gone. Right now I'm pretty good. The only thing the doctors in the ER here ever prescribe for me is pain meds. They usually prescribe stuff that is for gout inflammation but only ever a 5 day course of treatment and they will also tell me to take advil or other nsaids. I usually find that the nsaids work just as well as the gout stuff for inflammation and pain. I will also switch between Ibuprofen and naproxen and not take one exclusively for an extended period.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @Lynn49 Thanks, Yeah I do have stuff for gout pain. Usually ibuprofen or naproxen do the trick for me and get pain down in a couple hours to where it's manageable and within 24 hours almost completely gone. Right now I'm pretty good. The only thing the doctors in the ER here ever prescribe for me is pain meds. They usually prescribe stuff that is for gout inflammation but only ever a 5 day course of treatment and they will also tell me to take advil or other nsaids. I usually find that the nsaids work just as well as the gout stuff for inflammation and pain. I will also switch between Ibuprofen and naproxen and not take one exclusively for an extended period.
    Iirc, Cabbie, it's probably a good idea to switch up meds rather than taking one for an extended period of time...wish you can one day, and at the very soonest, find the key to shaking off that gout.

For now, I ust rec'd this recipe in my email and thought of you...

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/q...Food-All_Users

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks Lynn, I added the recipe to my list.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Newfiescreech...don't encourage @22hicks...we may not be able to even imagine what that gal's capable of!! When she gets the urge to take a top down, whoop!! There she goes!!! No self control....
    Boy, you've got that right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ravelron View Post
    hey guys
    Hello @ravelron . I hope you'll have fun here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hey guys, are you watching the Jays?
    We were losing 2 - 0 in the bottom of the 9th, then in just seconds, & 2 home runs later, we win 3 - 2.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Darn, this is the 3rd time I've tried to type this. S.C. keeps shutting down.

For those of you who asked, my sister's still in the hospital. She's not well enough to be discharged yet, and not sure when.

Trying to get use to the new car is so frustrating. All the gadgets / knobs / buttons - and no manual to explain. Quite the challenge, but I'll get it.

As for Jake, he's been sick for over a week now. He has a fever, the runs, vomiting, no appetite or energy. His blood tests came back normal, and there were no pests in his stool. On the plus side, he ate a little rice & chicken tonight, and it's stayed down, and in, at least so far. The nights are tough, he has me up every couple hours, and has nightly for a week now.
    I don't know about you, but I feel so helpless. It's such a worry. Praying.
    I love him so much, it hurts to see him sick.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Wed, Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yippee, Blue Jays!!!
    I spent the day running around in seeming circles. I managed to order cheques. After 3 trips to my new pharmacy, I finally got my one prescription filled - after the pharmacist got involved personally. While waiting, I checked my blood pressure, bone mass index, hydration level, body fat level. ALL BAD NEWS!!!
    I have been organizing the laundry room. It's the first domino.

Sadie has had 2 separate positive meeting with the gentleman cat. The boy was lying on his back, nose to nose with Sadie and gave her a "friendly" little pat on the nose. We left shortly after. Didn't want to test the mood.
    Very tired. Want to get off to dreamland- another early morning tomorrow.

Good night, folks!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Hicks! I am so sorry about Jake. Could he have something stuck in his gut that doesn't show up on x-rays- like string or something?

I'll send my prayers his and your way.

As for the car manual... could you look it up on line?

I'm tired but my brother has driven all the way over to near Peterborough and back today. He says that he will be home by midnight. Which puts him around Toronto at the moment. Just drumming my fingers til I know he's/they're home . His mil is having a hip replacement tomorrow so my sister-in-law has stayed there.
    Their weekly plans look like a RobertQ bus schedule.

Should take my nightly pills and turn things off and make my way to bed.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:18 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh Hicks! I am so sorry about Jake. Could he have something stuck in his gut that doesn't show up on x-rays- like string or something?

I'll send my prayers his and your way.

As for the car manual... could you look it up on line?

I'm tired but my brother has driven all the way over to near Peterborough and back today. He says that he will be home by midnight. Which puts him around Toronto at the moment. Just drumming my fingers til I know he's/they're home . His mil is having a hip replacement tomorrow so my sister-in-law has stayed there.
    Their weekly plans look like a RobertQ bus schedule.

Should take my nightly pills and turn things off and make my way to bed.
    Nothing's easy is it @avoncallingu . I think you should hit the sack, I'm going to. Besides, with those test results @ the pharmacy, they're screaming @ you to rest & take it easy for awhile. Believe it or not, those boxes, and the organization will be waiting for you.
    Get to bed.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hicks, keeping your sister in my prayers - oh, and Jake, too.

For a manual for your car, def try look online, or check with a local dealership.

It's gonna be a scorcher today, ick!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  51a3f2be819e0299a9879619aecf957d.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  40.0 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Thu, Jul 27th, 2017 at 08:46 AM.

Thread Information