User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Freshmealsmadeeasy.ca spent $20 on select cereal/Betty Crocker/snacks at CO-OP, submit the receipt to the website and receive s $10 fresh produce coupon that expires Dec 31, 2017

After looking at the details and CO-OP flyer, I don't think I want to take all 3 kids wahopping with me this time. I might go after supper tonight.

I spent some time organizing a shelf in my pantry. I cut a cereal box short to hold the pouches of La Grille seasoning. I also put my bags of coconut in the freezer because I don't use it so often.

edit: I submitted a receipt last night. I just received the email approving my receipt. I'm supposed to expect the coupon in the mail in 6-8wks time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 12th, 2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Delighted the grass was cut on Thursday! Knew rain was forecast for today. Ideal conditions for drying laundry too so I did a few loads after the grasscutting and while finding carbs (pop, treats, smoothie, you name it-evening it was all about chocolate).

Yesterday, I was grateful for McDonald's $1 drink days special. After about 1.5h mall crawling (also a visit to the Fortino's for clearance groceries and Joe Fresh look around), I was ready for a big drink with a little ice. 20min later, drink was done. I had carried water on my walk and I did drink it both ways.

Fortinos Mall Road has several Carnation hot choc with marshmallow on 50% off (from $2.94) on racks at back of store east of the Nature's Treasures section and by the refrigerated cases. I bought one box for $1.45. Joe Fresh-had some new fall items in Plus sizes stocked. Two black long sleeved cardigans with mini prints (two options), lace inset top, dress and a few other pieces (collection is mostly navy).

Got my lingerie item on sale at the Bay (same brand is on sale for $29.99 this weekend or 50% off next Tuesday). Noticed today at my Walmart store carries C and D cup versions in white only for $22.97 but I wanted the blush colour from the Bay.
    No luck at Home Outfitters for the alarm clock-it's not in stock yesterday and I could not make a visit today.

Today I went to Walmart for the $1 Clover Leaf tuna and to check on the cabernet toned women's fashions. I did not see the long open cardigan in that colour but there are grey or green versions in plus sizes. Did see a couple of tops. Longos has 99 cents lettuce heads so bought 2. Canadian Tire carries alarm clocks (yay!) and I bought a rectangular one. Had to go to Dollarama for 2 C cells as I did not want to spend $8 for a 4pk (I only need one C cell).

This afternoon I confirmed that the mountain Shoppers Home Healthcare had navy Kabooti seat cushions in stock (25% off)-I happened to see the flyer online and noticed the item (it was not in their June flyer). Bought a cushion finally! Mom tried the cushion out and noticed her back was talking to her. I have requested she use the cushion on chairs and avoid the swivel chair which is too low for her.

If anyone near Harvard Square Shoppers buys gluten free items, the clearance racks by the back store pop area has Robin Hood GF banana bread mixes for $3.99, a box of Glutino table crackers and a few boxes of Glutino choc wafer treats. I made a point to visit the store for clearance items, pop deals and to see if I could find the Kabooti (no, but Dr. Ho products seem to be stocked).

I intend to bake a coffee cake tomorrow to use up some eggs and butter. Made a batch of smoothie for tomorrow's breakfast. Plan to go on a walk but not too far to keep my feet (have done foot soak but overdid yesterday). My budget has gone boom this week, though I'm grateful two items were on sale and I noticed!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you need alarm clocks, check online at Cdn Tire (can check store stock), Home Hardware or the Source. You won't find any at the Bay or Sears (must be the cellphone age). Would not hurt to check your battery supplies at home and verify your remote controls and other gadgets are not in need of new batteries before you commit to a big package of any particular battery. CT also sells those battery testers $6.99 with the needle gauge for red or green battery level testing.

Dollarama is your retail buddy if you only need one or two of a battery (near cash desk area). My 2pk of C batteries was $3 plus HST.

If you still have working battery operated alarm clocks, treat them well! Lucky you! I have an old LED clock that won't sound off as an alarm but 30 yrs on, it just needs a new battery every so often and the light still works. Keeping it for now.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not a lot of groceries this week as we are away in a week. But I will go Sunday after DS1 finishes work to take advantage of his discount. Rather frustrating to discover he was schedule to work 3 shifts the week we are away. It's a good life lessons I guess as he will speak to his boss to remind her of the approved vacation request and offer to do one of the three as we will have returned by the Friday.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @saundyl -wonderful sales and recycling updates! Guess it does not hurt to try to sell things before saying the things have to go. I like the fabric box deal you got too!
    @Angela273 - AM and savings galore on that grocery shop! Compliments noodles--mmm, quick meals that jazz up well with add-ins like dried herbs and frozen or leftover vegetables. Mega-applause on the coupons tally!

OK, summer long weekend newsflash-if you, like I was, are looking for new aprons, hit your CT stores for possible clearance deals on the green striped apron (website said there were 3 but there was 1 in green and another branded apron in denim blue with two coloured pinstripes but it shared the same CT product code and also sharing the same $4.93 clearance price)! I bought the last green apron and one of the blue ones. At Winners I went through all the regular and clearance priced kitchen towels (clearance finds are on the sides of the endcaps near the home dept) and don't forget to look at the checkout| maze for towels, barmops or the odd dish drying mat, as I discovered today. I chose one set of soft green/blue checked towels ($8.99 reg price) that looked like linen (2 towels) with 1 waffle knit towel in solid soft mint green-am hoping this waffle knit won't lint badly like another brand of towel but all will known after the laundry cycle tomorrow. The only apron (D-rings on neck strap)-at Winners was in clearance and paired with one large mitt-both were black pinstripe on gray-white background (reg $16, down to $12)--it looked too dark for my preference. I checked three other clearance carts and saw Laura Ashley soft green with roses tablecloths/covers on sale and a ultramarine blue/white striped tablecloth (different) brand. Also saw an outdoor wipeable tablecloth-YMMV. Of course, I had to leave temping pizzelle cookies on the racks as I had some baking at home for desserts.

Walmart had one bright red apron ($8.99) (in kitchenwares) folded in the hanging cardboard. I noticed there was a snap on the neckstrap. Seems you get 3 snaps on the strap to adjust length to your liking. There is a large pocket and large white GOURMET or GOURMAND word on the centre front. It might suit any Canada 150 or red/white themed parties you will have this year. I do not recall seeing any of the magazine boxes out yet with the upcoming Live Better issue when I entered/left the store.

Mom and I had slices of the coffee cake (warmed up first) with some cherry fortified wine after I returned home.
    Thank you. We did another 50 dollars of recycling today. I sold a printer ink and clothes for 50 on Wednesday. House showing tonight at 8!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I spent the long weekend doing transcriptions and sewing. I made a pair of shorts with fabric from a $5 box of fabric I bought.also got flannel from that box to line the stockings

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Our Ac is hooked up today! And it's 37 degrees here

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The storm hit after 11pm and the heavy rain (think Hamilton got its month's worth) last night. The lightning went on and on after 11:20pm. After a few power flickers during the storm, I went offline. I had my laptop crash about two hours prior to the storm and I don't know why. Figure the humidity downstairs and the computer's age plus ongoing Internet connection issue (have to keep unplugging and replugging the coaxial jack into my laptop to get browser to load the designated page) all contribute. Don't want the laptop to end its useful life just yet (11mo. so far).

Have a spice chiffon cake baking in the toaster oven this morning, so that means no late Saturday rally to bake something.

Tennis fans must be in their element with the Rogers Cup matches this week!

The CNE guide in the community paper bundle provided listings of performances, appearances and events happening this year at the Ex. Six more days until the big fair opens!

Yesterday Value Village sent notice of a 50% off clothing/accessories/bed&bath sale (National Thrift Store day) for Super Saver members *this Sunday* but the public day is on Aug.17. Find that odd.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning we went to Pioneer Day at our local museum, gave a donation. Our local radio station was there with a spin wheel with prizes from different local businesses. Our kids won a free car wash, plastic frisbee, and a collapsible frisbee. They had fun, but half of the activities were the same as they were when we went earlier this year.

I made out ok at Sobeys this morning. The fridge is full. A friend dropped off a large grocery bag full of crab apples from his tree, so I guess I'll need to make apple sauce. I just baked a 9x13" pan of apple rhubarb crisp last night.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    On what I week I was covering AR which I have done before but it is much harder during the busier season when both of us are so busy especially when other things are happening like meetings. I have been so tired all week and my sleep schedule was all thrown off by the full moon so last night I just collapsed and today I am not very productive.

Next weekend is our company golf tournament and something happened yesterday that I do not have all the details on but one of the main organizers was saying they weren't coming but after some time they are again. I love these events but hate when drama gets involved.

Not much happening here today, I managed to empty the dishwasher and finished a security blanket I was crocheting. Now I need to find a crochet project.

Off to look at ideas on Pinterest. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not much going on here. Finally got my hair cut. I only do this every 4 months so my hairs cost less than DH and the boys. I used to cut their hair when they were younger but I can't do the cool cuts, occasionally one of the will ask for a buzz cut so that saves some money.
    We did a big lunch so that the older child ups eat a proper meal before work we had planed to eat outside but Mother Nature had other plans.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made crab apple sauce this afternoon while Dh was volunteering. It made 3 yogurt sized containers of crab apple sauce. Tonight's supper was steak (rain check), mushrooms (CO51), noodles, and fresh garden peas. Dh took twin boy out for coffee after supper. I took our other two kids for a walk, 7 blocks in total. We picked up two bottles to recycle.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good evening. Today we had a yardsale and made $146. After that I went and bought a case for my new phone. I also picked some peas from the garden and got some free apples from a neighbor. I still have rhubarb so I think I'll be making an apple rhubarb crisp too! Tonight I am just gonna gather up any other things I can put in the sale and tidy up. It sure feels good to have less stuff!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. My honey is working today so did some running around on my own. Went to Walmart and grabbed a pile of the magazines with coupons. Then to No Frills. Spent $20.80 and used $20 in PC points. Now putting laundry away and then tackle my room.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and avrose like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to the mall with daughter (as she doesn't have Sebastian today) treated us to grilled chicken from harveys with a coupon of course-took back a top to the gap 11.30 in my account but then bought a lovely straw hat at the bay 26.00 reg 40.00(a little more than I would choose to pay but I am tired of paying 14.99-18.99 and they only last 2 years to 3 years plus this one really covers the sun off my face
    did you ladies know when you shop online that the gap will adjust your bill if you callin or email them within a week if the percentage changes -say like the other day I ordered from old navy and the gap it was 30% off now its 40% so a difference of 8.something back on my credit card -I didnt know that -I knew if the item went cheaper I had 2 weeks to call to adjust the bill which I have many times ,so I figure in my mind that 8.00 credit can go towards my lovely hat I put on my credit card -lol
    -supper tonight lasagna and garlic bread
    -oh stayed up til midnight and watched the dvd "lion" I got from the library such a good movie -I cried
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Aug 13th, 2017 at 02:15 PM.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information