User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka I'm glad your husband is doing well, I hope that your recovery speeds up. It is certainly hot here too. The kids have been loving playing in our water table in the morning, before it gets super hot outside. We certainly appreciate our central air. My garden is producing about 5 cups or ripe tomatoes each day. I have 3 large zucchinis growing in my garden. My SIL wants 2 of them. I'm still having trouble with a lot of the zucchinis dying from flower rot.

Our community has a Rodeo this weekend. Friday afternoon there will be the rodeo parade, which I plan on taking our children to. They liked the Canada Day Parade, but this will my first time taking them by myself. I'll have the double stroller, in case I need it.

Next week will be busy with our wedding anniversary, our son's first day of Kindergarten, followed by his birthday.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 29th, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive lunch hour! Went to RCSS and grabbed 2 family trays of the BLSL chicken breasts and 2 pouches of the La Grille seasoning at $2.48 each and used 2 x $3 off coupons. Brought them home and put in fridge and will deal with them when I got home. Grabbed a yogurt and snack bag of snap peas for my afternoon lunch. Stopped to pick up a new fabric shower curtains with fancy hooks for $5 from Facebook mom swap (I know the girl so a safe buy ) and then stopped at $store. I am the only girl in the house (besides the dog and guinea pig lol) yet my hair ties are always missing. I have very long hair so when cleaning/cooking etc I always put it up in a bun or ponytail or else it gets in the way.

So tonight has turned into a power clean night! I will cook one tray of chicken so we can make good meals all week. DS can choose what he wants for dinner- Chicken ceaser wrap or quesidias.

Start laundry.

Power clean one bathroom. Replace with new shower curtain and liner

Wash the stairs going down to the basement (hardwood).

I am not allowed to sit on my butt till all the above is done!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Natalka I'm glad your husband is doing well, I hope that your recovery speeds up. It is certainly hot here too. The kids have been living playing in our watervtable in the morning, before it gets super hot outside. We certainly appreciate our central air. My garden is producing about 5 cups or ripe tomatoes each day. I have 3 large zucchinis growing in my garden. My SIL wants 2 of them. I'm still having trouble with a lot of the zucchinis dying from flower rot.

Our community has a Rodeo this weekend. Friday afternoon there will be the rodeo parade, which I plan on taking our children to. They liked the Canada Day Parade, but this will my first time taking them by myself. I'll have the double stroller, in case I need it.

Next week will be busy with our wedding anniversary, our son's first day of Kindergarten, followed by his birthday.
    We love zucchini! We have started really eating clean and last night my man just sliced a zucchini length way into 4 quarters and grilled it on the bbq with our chicken. It was so good! We are really loving our veggies grilled on the bbq.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Natalka great to hear your hubby is improving but how are you doing?
    @Ciel I take the GO train and city bus to the train station so no stopping for errands for me. DH is currently out of work, hence the honey do list.
    @Angela273 my tomatoes plants are dying from the weather we have had but they have produced well so I m going to trim them back to see if I can save them and then I plan to roast a bunch of what we have for winter use.
    I am working at home today as its Logan's 14th bday. this way I was able to make him his special breakfast since I am typically gone long before he wakes. His gift was a second hand iPhone and its his 1st phone ever so he is pretty excited about it. He has already paid me for the 1st 5 months of the phone. Both boys pay a portion of their phone cost. the older child pays more because he has data. Logan will not have data until he is 16 so he pays 20.00 a month & his brother pays 40.00. This feels like it installs responsibility in them,
    Last edited by lilo0003; Tue, Aug 29th, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi Saundyl ..im so Sorry to hear news about you dog 🐶.. sending my condolences to you and your family ..take good care yourself sweetie
    Thank you. Our remaining pup has taken to dragging a fleecy twin size blanket around the house In the last two days from bed to bed or down the hall

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Saundyl so sorry for you loss
    Thank you. I found....find loosing him harder than my cocker spaniel we had 19 years but I think it's different him being inside all the time versus my family farm pup.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We got some tomatoes peppers and beans from our garden yesterday. Tonight is finishing off the new step at the old house. We are camping for the long weekend.

Natalka, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Thank you. Our remaining pup has taken to dragging a fleecy twin size blanket around the house In the last two days from bed to bed or down the hall
    Aww It'll take time for him to adjust. Our cats are in good health, but they are 10 and 11 years old. I sometimes wonder how they will handle it if one passes.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Can walk this afternoon yielded two containers, a Cdn penny (finally!) and a quarter found on a paved driveway.
    My last two lettuce plants have been pulled up as they bolted and were about to go to seed; I collected fallen branches for the green cart. Plan to weed flowerbeds tomorrow after the grasscutting is done.

Used the very last of the PC Free (green cap) detergent and I checked online-it looks like the PC Free cold water version is also scent-free so I will get some this week before my PC Plus offer expires (1600 pts per $8 purchase). Meanwhile, the Woolite detergent was used for the rest of today's laundry. Have to wash a dark knit sweater by hand and air-dry it in the remaining sunshine.

Walmart shoppers in ON-if you have any Labour Day entertaining plans or first week of Sept meetings/potluck suppers or sales parties, you may wish to see if the 6-pk bottles of pop for $1.97 in your favourite flavours are still in stock by tomorrow. Price might change for the Thursday flyer.

Grocery Gateway order fans-I happened see a code on Twitter via a blogger:
    Interested in trying Grocery Gateway? I have a one-time use (good for new or existing customers) $15 discount code (GGMardi2017) valid until October 2017. Please note the code is case sensitive.
    Usually a minimum $45 grocery order is required and the delivery charge is extra. Don't forget to input your Thank You Rewards number to earn points on your order.
    Angela273 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I still have to figure out tonight's supper and for the rest of the week. Although we have central air, I still try to limit my use of the oven when it gets hot outside. I'm going to dessert and a documentary at the public library this evening, which is another free program. Hopefully they don't have technical difficulties this time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 29th, 2017 at 04:58 PM.
    Ciel, matty's mom and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Realized tonight that the PC free detergent 96 load jug still exists but the cap is a powder blue (formerly green). 50 cent discount for some reason so $15.49 later plus HST, I have detergent. Was reaching for the big jug of Cold Water detergent and stopped. $15.99 for the Cojug and 400ml or so less of content. About 78 loads. Both detergents are for he machines-detergent seems runny but I'd rather have the 96 load container and save the 50 cents. PC Plus gave me 1600 pts (and I'm not sad I could have gotten 3200 had I bought the smaller jug at regular price).

Highlight of the evening was finally prying off the twisted plastic base on the blender jar. I had managed to snag it on Sunday by turning a little too far while it was crooked on the jar's threads. Today's inspiration was to use the silicone trivet as a grip while I had the jar inverted on a kitchen towel. Got the base to move then to come off. Made a last watery smoothie for tomorrow's breakfast.

I am back on Torrid's online clothing site-over a week ago I noticed the online exclusives of skater dresses (knee length or mid-thigh length) that can double as costumes. If anyone is a Star Trek fan or Wonder Woman fan, there's a short sleeveless dress for you (the WW one is reversible) that could work for Halloween or fan conventions. Just a suggestion if you want to plan ahead and not rush in Halloween for ideas.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Started the September thread and yes, I'd love to see @jasperandchar pop back in.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/422997...a/#post6810221
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While answering a thrift store thread elsewhere, I looked at the Salvation Army thrift store website. Seems all provinces/regions with stores are having a one-day only Back to School Hits sale on Thursday August 31.
    http://www.thriftstore.ca/
    Click on your province/region to see what $1/$2 or $3 can buy.
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    While answering a thrift store thread elsewhere, I looked at the Salvation Army thrift store website. Seems all provinces/regions with stores are having a one-day only Back to School Hits sale on Thursday August 31.
    http://www.thriftstore.ca/
    Click on your province/region to see what $1/$2 or $3 can buy.
    I'd suggest calling your local Salvation Army to find out if they are participating in the sale. I learned a while ago that it is up to the individual location. My local SA came under new management a couple years ago and the new management often has a Friday or Friday/Saturday sale. They post it on Facebook at the front door of the store, but they give little advance notice.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 30th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information