User Tag List

Page 581 of 654 FirstFirst ... 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    A question for all you Smart Canucker's that is just boggling my mind....

Would you say that an Ontario Driver's License is proof of an address change for an auto insurance company??

Well, to my company, Belairdirect, NO!

Apparently they WILL NOT take a Driver's License and are demanding from my parents (Since my permanent address is still with them as I am in school) either a "Bill of Sale" or "Mortgage Statements" to change the address, without it, they will NOT process the change. I am going to be calling back tomorrow because despite all this hassle, the change hasn't even gone through the system yet! And also, I've changed my address TWENTY times since I've had the policy in these two and a half weeks, HUH?!?!?

Completely crappy company, during my call tomorrow I will demand a manager and then their manager to get this all sorted out, I wish I could've stayed with my other company where I was an Occasional driver, but they wanted $500/month compared to Belair's $167/month, I guess you get what you pay for!

Also, put in a question to the IBC (Insurance Board of Canada) to ask them if a Driver's License is proof of an address change.
    The twenty changes in such a short period of time is a flag to me. Do you have any friends in insurance who can indicate if your file hit an alert of some kind?

Bellair Direct's complaint protocol: http://www.belairdirect.com/en/custo...isfaction.html

Terms of use of the BD site: http://www.belairdirect.com/en/terms...onditions.html
    This part might be the legs BD is standing upon with the change of address bit under
    Obtaining an insurance quote and purchasing or modifying an insurance policy online

In addition, you must provide information concerning your mode of payment (credit card or preauthorised debits). The information provided to us must be correct; otherwise it is possible that you will be unable to obtain an insurance quote or to purchase or modify an insurance policy online. Additional information may be required by our certified insurance agents over the phone in order to process or review your request.
    Boldface font is inserted by me.

BTW the IBC is a lobby group for its insurance company members. As insurance is regulated by provincial authorities, let's see what Ontario has for you:

RIBO is the regulating authority for Ontario insurance matters. http://www.ribo.com/
    Oops, sadly it only addresses insurance sale issues.
    Q: Can RIBO help me with a complaint against my insurance company?
    A: RIBO only has authority over the actions of insurance brokers regarding the sale of insurance. A complaint against your insurance company should be directed to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
    Complaints go here: http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/about/Pages/default.aspx

MTO-driver's licences can be updated online for changes to home addresses IF THEY ARE NOT ENHANCED ones.
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/change-a...card#section-5
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    That sucks macw1960!! That is something I hadn't heard of before. Lets hope it is the last. I am sure that there are more wins in your future.
    I am actually waiting on another book too and hoping it does not end up the same way too.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and Ciel like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, first insurance issues (which I got sorted, address changed, and rates WAY down, from $234 to $154), now OSAP of course...

Apparently, "Free tuition" is never, has never, and will never, be included for me despite being eligible, because under this new OSAP system, ANY government income now counts as GRANTS to them. So my CPP is now being considered a GRANT for "Free Tuition" instead of having it because my step mother is disabled, it now has to go to schooling (I already planned to use it for school anyways, but now I lose $3000 in OSAP money). Kathleen Wynne, you are GONE!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, first insurance issues (which I got sorted, address changed, and rates WAY down, from $234 to $154), now OSAP of course...

Apparently, "Free tuition" is never, has never, and will never, be included for me despite being eligible, because under this new OSAP system, ANY government income now counts as GRANTS to them. So my CPP is now being considered a GRANT for "Free Tuition" instead of having it because my step mother is disabled, it now has to go to schooling (I already planned to use it for school anyways, but now I lose $3000 in OSAP money). Kathleen Wynne, you are GONE!!!
    That grant aspect is certainly going to affect other students with similar government income-it could really affect if they continue on with studies unless work income or another form of support makes up the difference in unobtainable OSAP money.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/osap-definitions#section-18
    Grant

A grant is a type of aid that is not a loan and that you typically do not have to pay back. A grant is usually awarded based on financial need and/or other factors.
    A term in the E's
    Expected financial contributions

OSAP expects that you and your family have planned for your full-time postsecondary education. The purpose of OSAP is to supplement, not replace your resources.
    In general, you’re expected to contribute $3,000 towards your education costs. However, your contribution could be waived in some situations (e.g., if you have one or more children or you are a Crown ward). A contribution may also be expected based on your assets and/or your spouse’s (if applicable).
    A financial contribution may be expected from your parents or spouse, depending on their income.
    The Beyond OSAP link leads to this information:
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/student-...-and-bursaries

Worth looking at your school's bursaries/grants/scholarships plus community foundations, clubs, and workplaces to see if there are upcoming deadlines in September to apply for money for school. Some schools offer first year awards.
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tiny eyelashes that fall into cold-stricken eyes. It's like there was a pact to give me more irritation than usual in the past 48hours.
    Hence, I am going to restart multivitamin intake to give future lashes a reason to grow out and live their 144 days.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

this is not a rant, but a ..lol

im antsy! is anything open today?

Update.. decided to drive to hutches (hamilton beach) it was crazy busy, took 20 mins to find a parking spot. drove down to beachway park but with the ribfest going on there was NO where to park. didnt stay long it was so windy.
    Last edited by Linda Evans; Mon, Sep 4th, 2017 at 05:34 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

. my smartcanucks magnet fell into the frying pan ..... grrr .. now the magnet looks a little rough..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

RCMP lighting up my house with spotlights at 4 am!!! Grrrrr, I'm trying to sleep here people!!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    RCMP lighting up my house with spotlights at 4 am!!! Grrrrr, I'm trying to sleep here people!!!
    Yea, well maybe you should stop it with the crime and that sort of thing wouldnt happen.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There's a LOT more to this story, Wolfie. Spill!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

school night bedtimes.
    Last edited by francine1985; Thu, Sep 7th, 2017 at 09:05 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

4 cop cars in my yard looking for someone they had been chasing on foot when they noticed my door open. I have a crank open patio door I leave open at night. I live out in the countryside. If they had lost a suspect and they saw my door open, why the heck didn't they come to the door to see if we were ok? No, instead I had to wander out and find out what the %#%#%#%#% was gong on! They asked if I was ok and then shut off the lights and left. And they didn't even bother to check any of the out buildings.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4 cop cars in my yard looking for someone they had been chasing on foot when they noticed my door open. I have a crank open patio door I leave open at night. I live out in the countryside. If they had lost a suspect and they saw my door open, why the heck didn't they come to the door to see if we were ok? No, instead I had to wander out and find out what the %#%#%#%#% was gong on! They asked if I was ok and then shut off the lights and left. And they didn't even bother to check any of the out buildings.
    I can sum all that up in four letters: R-C-M-P

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walmart- my rant is m,y daughter left some new clothing here that her son got as a gift without the bill as she didn't have it the tags were still on the 2 articles of clothing -well my supercentre Walmart-said today they would only exchange the item ,no more gift cards -well this doesn't work for me as my daughter lives in Toronto (I don't own a cell phone either ) so when she called me this afternoon she said exchange for diapers maybe ,well I decided to call another store that wasn't a supercentre and this Walmart will give me a giftcard -so its not corporate ,its individual managers decisions -uggggggg

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Rude profs!

Enough said!!!
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information