User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Super duper start on next month's thread of all things frugal and savvy! @jasperandchar , come on back! You are missed.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ahh I'm not ready for September to come.

My neighbour has a large tree that has big branches that reach across our driveway. This same tree already started dropping leaves last week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

September is to be a warm month according to weather forecasters. How warm, I do not know but summer attire makes for easier laundry duties.
    Still, it's key to shop fall clothing stores now rather than wait for November when stock is picked over. Uniqlo will have the new fall collection of IDLF clothing for sale online and in some stores soon. I'm keeping eyes open for long-sleeved cardigans and large buttons and with some colour options

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Cooling off to mid-20s today...

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend, everyone!

Good luck with those of you getting kiddies ready for back to school!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning ohhh sept the month of Sebastian's birthday 1 wow ,and Ashlyn starts school junior kindergarden ( I will miss babysitting her ahhhhh) my birthday and anniversary plus Ashlyn will have her party sept 30 so glad I start buying items when they are on sale as I am done sebastians gift last month -for Ashlyn this year we decided to let her pick her own toy out at toysrus(around 40.00) and then I bought her a top,p;j's and pants for her birthday,well off to babysit my last day papa and i are going to have a fun filled day with her taking her 5 pin bowling then to mcdonalds for lunch
    -chilly this morning 7 only high of 16 today -yesterday made a night pork roast and mashed potatoes and steamed carrots
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Beautiful sunny day here today. The girls and I at work are going our for lunch today and then we leave early

My friend messaged me this morning saying we should get out on the boat this weekend. I am game but will be bringing cozy clothes! Not sure if I will swim but will bring my suit incase I want to.

My fridge is looking empty so looking forward to shopping for fresh stuff. Lots of good sales this weekend for fruit and veggies.
    The chicken I cooked the other day was finished by the teen last night. Also need to get the veggies I need to make soups and chili sometime this weekend. I have mostly everything else I need which is nice.

Hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Took the kids for a quick trip to Sobeys this morning to get in on two Blue Friday deals. $19 in coupons, total $31.75 - $30 in Air Miles, earned 127AM. I'll be back on Tuesday to enjoy 10% off Tuesday.

Once we were home I took the kids to play in the yard until lunch time. I brought out the "new" Tonka toys that are in the best shape, all the kids loved them. Our big boy was very happy. I'll get Dh to grease all the toys and we'll see what we can do about the rust. We picked lots more tomatoes, which makes me think I'll be doing another batch of tomato sauce this weekend.

The annual rodeo is this weekend. We're going to the rodeo parade later this afternoon. We're going to pick some Swiss chard for a grandma. She's going to join us for the parade. I'm going to run a couple errands that are on the parade route and check out the other second hand store while we wait. The grandma wants to take us out for a treat afterwards.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 1st, 2017 at 04:22 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Day two of summer cold. Appetite has been picking up today; really grateful I took care of grocery shopping earlier in the week because I am still somewhat feeling cold and achy.

Did a few light chores in the afternoon just to do something. Will run some loads of laundry after 7pm. Tomorrow, I will boil cubed sweet potatoes to make a quick mash with nutmeg; Mom likes baked halves but they don't look so appealing to me.

This long weekend offers many events to enjoy: the CNE (Toronto), the PNE (Vancouver), Rotary Club of Burlington Ribfest, Labour Day parades on Monday, & football (Tiger-Cats) . Paris, ON has its fair as well. Some attractions and malls in tourist designated zones will be open on Monday. YMMV on grocery stores-check store websites for details. Obtaining library books to read on the long weekend may appeal to some members or finding a new to you DVD to borrow.

Given that most of Houston's refineries are shut down, gas prices in Toronto are said to hit $1.329 tomorrow. You may wish to coordinate plans to maximize car travel or choose to set some tasks aside for when the gas prices are more reasonable. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-saturday.html

Have to pull out September coupons to see which ones stand a chance of use and which ones I can leave on shelves for others to use.

Enjoy your Friday evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Feels like Fall today. Loving my outdoor fireplace. I tried something new and easy for diner and it was a success. DH and Logan can be picky so I can never do a casserole type dish, but I was so busy today even though I worked at home I forget to get the chicken out so I took the some what frozen chicken and two cans of accent tomatoes and some pasta and dumped it in a dish and put it in the oven. Success. It kind of came together as I realized I needed a pantry tidy and inventory.
    DH was busy painting which is how dinner was on my todo list.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up a nice pair of winter boots for twin girl for $5, from a lady on Facebook. I got a nice shirt for $1.75. It has a fair bit of lace, so it could even be used in my professional wardrobe. Our kids collected 2/3 a gallon of candy from the parade, in addition to mini frizbees, bouncy ball, and small beach ball. We went to Tim Hortons and Dh was able to join us when he got off work.

Our son is having a "fiver" birthday party next weekend. The invitation is carefully worded and asks for $5 instead of a gift, he is saving the money to help pay for a light up lightsaber. We decided that we didn't want more random, possibly poor quality or dangerous for the twins, toys. By requesting the $5 contribution towards a desired expensive toy, we are teaching our son multiple lessons. He will still receive some presents from our family, but these will be opened after his friend's party is over. We checked the box of supplies and have most of what we want for his party. He helped decorate the 5 loot bags for his invited guests, which will contain inexpensive edibles that I have already purchased. They are brown paper bags decorated with stickers from his craft supplies. I'm taking twin girl shopping with me on Saturday to get the other party related items.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:22 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Happy September! Today was a rainy day so I made chicken vegetable soup with a bunch of scraps I had in the freezer. I took the kids shopping for some school stuff. Not a very frugal month, my Ashlyn is starting university, paid tuition so far and still have to pay for books.

We were supposed to have much worse weather than we are so we cancelled out camping trip this weekend, so saved some money there.

The rest of the weekend is grocery shopping and catching up on housework.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We got together with friends last night. . Ordered Chinese and had a fire. Today I I get ready for birthday dinner with family.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, the start of September has felt more like fall. Perfect for those household/storage challenges of recycling, corralling like items together (I found stationery items in four areas and I'm irked at myself) and pitching what is not working. Sibling is working on dealing with stuff that needs to go to the dump (Dad's stuff, not his though). He's made snide remarks about how he hoped I'D help him but he failed to ask a visiting friend of his (whom sibling has helped so often) to pitch in with sweat equity (besides sibling did not tell me about the tasks he was doing nor when Dad decided to finally deal with the junk (will find out if this will extend to the junk inside spaces too).
    Cooked 2 of the 3 packages of veggie burgers today-enjoyed the carrot corn ones for breakfast and had the beet ones for lunch. Mom had samples of each but was not as keen on them. Will cook the green pea burgers tomorrow. Have laundry drying on the lines.

I'm too watery to be out in public so will have to miss the $1.99 pop deal today at Shoppers. If I am dry tomorrow, Sobeys and or Rexall are on my bonus AM lists (yogurt if not out of stock for 50 AM and Jamieson vitamins BOGO for 30 AM). Yes, I want to have a $10 AM gift card soon as I am keeping tabs on bedding at Home Outfitters/HBC. My Homesense under $30 sheet set from last year has a tear in the fitted sheet, so I'd like to replace it with a sale set soon and maybe find a way to recycle the older set into a craft or sleepshirt.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

had an amazing shop at RCSS as they were clearing the Kellogg's back to school contents. Cereal, snacks and chips for 44 cents a box all with great Best Buy dates. I have taken stock of what we need as we work to cut all the extras for now, but I am feeling pretty confident that one income is manageable.
    DH received more in his final pay then expected, we had not considered his unused vacation and final commission. So we are in a very good place with just my income. Once we know he is back to work then this will go into the retirement fund.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We finished up purchases for our son's birthday party next weekend. Dh took our big boy out and then I took twin girl out. It will be twin boy's turn next for one-on-one time.

I haven't been able to sell many tomatoes lately, so I'll be making another batch of tomato sauce. I'll do some chunky sauce this time too. I also need to grate and freeze zucchinis, chop and freeze apples. I bought extra lean ground beef and lean ground pork on Thursday evening, Dh is going to help me with the meat. Meatballs and home made burgers are part of the plan.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 3rd, 2017 at 01:53 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information