User Tag List

Page 173 of 197 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    The health department inspectors might disagree with you...
    I agree. The cart wheels pick up interesting things in the parking lot and bring them into the store. I see cleaning staff mop the floor early in the morning, each day, but this incident happened in the evening, so the ground had the whole day of dirty cart wheels and shoes
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hurricane Irma is in Florida right now. People evacuated some areas. In Lauderdale, the looters are already on the job.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hurricane Irma is in Florida right now. People evacuated some areas. In Lauderdale, the looters are already on the job.
    Hopefully these people get sent to jail.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There are some islands in the Caribbean where the looting or robbery started right after the weather moved along. Scary stuff. Something tells me rebuilding is not going to happen as fast in those areas.

I was thinking if tourists cannot get home, perhaps they'd help the local residents move debris to assist in getting things organized. But if that means putting themselves at risk, then everyone is looking out for themselves.

Tourism is vital for many of the impacted areas struck by hurricanes. If local residents don't have shelter and infrastructure restored soon, the jobs at the resorts/hotels/stores will be far away for a long time. Then things get dicey for basic needs when money is not available.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:51 PM.
    cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    There are some islands in the Caribbean where the looting or robbery started right after the weather moved along. Scary stuff. Something tells me rebuilding is not going to happen as fast in those areas.

I was thinking if tourists cannot get home, perhaps they'd help the local residents move debris to assist in getting things organized. But if that means putting themselves at risk, then everyone is looking out for themselves.

Tourism is vital for many of the impacted areas struck by hurricanes. If local residents don't have shelter and infrastructure restored soon, the jobs at the resorts/hotels/stores will be far away for a long time. Then things get dicey for basic needs when money is not available.
    Canadians studying medicine at Carribbean medical schools affected by the hurricane, had a hard time getting off the island. After Canadians here went to the media, the Trudeau government decided to send planes to get these medical students off the island.
    ROMEO, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

when people don't do their own research...when I'm looking for an item or a product, I will pound that internet til I get an answer, or at least a partial answer - something I can start with. I can't stand people who are too lazy and just say, uhhhh where can i find this?
    barbis9, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    when people don't do their own research...when I'm looking for an item or a product, I will pound that internet til I get an answer, or at least a partial answer - something I can start with. I can't stand people who are too lazy and just say, uhhhh where can i find this?
    It's abolutely not lazy to ask where you find something.My example I posted is Le Petit Marseillais.I saw liquid hand soaps and lotions on the Canadian version of the website.I emailed the company to ask where they are found in store.I go to the stores they gave me and I have never seen them those store locations where I live.I was asking if any person if Le Petit Marsellais hand soaps and lotions have been seen in store locations where they live.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And I don't believe I said it's lazy when you have done all you can to find the product. I said it's lazy when one doesn't do ANY legwork. It's where I said "when people don't do their own research." That part. And if you're insinuating that I was referring to you, I wasn't. I didn't even see your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    It's abolutely not lazy to ask where you find something.My example I posted is Le Petit Marseillais.I saw liquid hand soaps and lotions on the Canadian version of the website.I emailed the company to ask where they are found in store.I go to the stores they gave me and I have never seen them those store locations where I live.I was asking if any person if Le Petit Marsellais hand soaps and lotions have been seen in store locations where they live.
    barbis9 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    And I don't believe I said it's lazy when you have done all you can to find the product. I said it's lazy when one doesn't do ANY legwork. It's where I said "when people don't do their own research." That part. And if you're insinuating that I was referring to you, I wasn't. I didn't even see your post.
    google does go a long way. i've got friend and family that refuse to look up anything. i tell them "google it" on your phone, laptop, and pc.
    ROMEO and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    google does go a long way. i've got friend and family that refuse to look up anything. i tell them "google it" on your phone, laptop, and pc.
    One of my favorite sites to send people to is LMGTFY.com
    It's sarcastic in tone (which I love) -- type in the search item, get the link and send your lazy friend the link.

It demonstrates, in animated form, how to goggle their topic.

I love it.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Nov 2nd, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Where has this been all my life??

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    One of my favorite sites to send people to is LMGTFY.com
    It's sarcastic in tone (which I love) -- type in the search item, get the link and send your lazy friend the link.

It demonstrates in animated for, how to goggle their topic.

I love it.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Doesn't it grind your gears,
    when forum members take the time to help others out and they get criticized

when forum members help to save other people money, each week, and others don't appreciate it

when forum members use their technical skills to let us know what's coming up later in the week, so we have a heads up and they are criticized

Here's hoping those who help us out, keep doing so, and ignore those who criticize their good deals

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

People who always have to one up you.

Them: Why are you in a mood
    Me: I am just having a bad day
    Them: Oh well my day sucked because _______________, ____________________, ___________________ and _____________________
    Me: Okay
    Them: Well why did you have a bad day
    Me: Just overwhelmed and stress I have a lot of large projects all on the go and need to hand in updates
    Them: Oh you want to talk about stress well I have this going on, that going on, and this, and did I mention this as well

In my head: Yep you win, glad we talked, just let me grab my stuff and leave
    GoJays, DaveP, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Them: Oh well my day sucked because _______________, ____________________, ___________________ and _____________________
    Me: Just overwhelmed and stress I have a lot of large projects all on the go and need to hand in updates
    Them: Oh you want to talk about stress well I have this going on, that going on, and this, and did I mention this as well

My boss in a nutshell. I want to punch her in the face.
    DaveP, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

This is exactly why I dont tell people my problems or what's going on in my personal life:
    a.) I dont want to hear how much worse YOUR life is (even if it's not)
    b.) I dont need to feel belittled for the problems I'm dealing with as if they're worth any less than yours (even if they are)

Actually, it's kinda why I just dont talk to people in general.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 173 of 197 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast

Thread Information