Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    I have one green pepper plant.
    It doesn't like me.
    I'm not sure why.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Name:  IMGP4938 (2).jpg
Views: 270
Size:  631.0 KB

Name:  jalapeno.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  430.4 KB

Name:  IMGP4957.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  482.6 KB
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Sat, Sep 2nd, 2017 at 07:50 PM.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Dahlia

Name:  dahlia.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  358.7 KB

Galeux D'Eysines squash

Name:  Galeux 2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  533.6 KB

Early Crookneck squash

Name:  Crookneck 1.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  508.4 KB

Dahlias

Name:  dahlias purple.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  594.0 KB
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Beautiful dahlias and produce, @TrueNorthTreasures !
    One snapdragon plant is still have in bloom. One little rose bush has an open mid-size rose. Another tiny rose bush has a rosebud. Leaves are mostly intact but I trimmed some canes just to reduce the plant's energy spent on supporting too many canes. Chrysanthemums are sure to open soon.
    One dusty miller plant got big so I gave it a trim. Gave the rosemary plant a couple of cuts and have the stems in a glass of water now. Leaving the lavender plant to continue to grow a little more-I have high hopes of lots of buds next year in bloom.

Many floral annuals that Dad planted seem to still be in bloom. That's a surprise.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you for the kind words, Ciel! I'll bet your roses are beautiful. I would love to have roses or peonies. Our rosemary is still doing okay outside, but soon I'll have to share it with someone or repot it to bring it inside for the winter. I didn't realize Chrysanthemums bloomed so late in the season!
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Former RBG director is now with the Naples Botanical Garden in Florida. Something to read while we get through winter in Canada: https://www.guelphmercury.com/living...ce-of-silence/
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sniff...sniff....
    In loving memory of my beautiful ( and very young ) potted tree sized Mandavilla plant. I was so excited to get you on sale for $11.00 at the end of the summer ( 2017 ) and you bloomed like no one was watching well into October when we brought both you and your relative red flower Mandavilla in for the winter.
    A perfect spot in the corner on a large table under a florescent light where the cats could NOT reach you.

Your blooms were many and large and continued to open....... pink flowers ( even though the card attached to you claimed they would be white ), but then.......all at once we noticed you dropping leaves and looking unwell, and then something was all along your vines.
    DH said it was aphids? Yuck, I immediately bought something to fight them off but you succumbed.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh no walker! That's too bad, I know you loved that plant I hope you can find another one this summer.

I had a much smaller red one two summers ago. It made it most of the way through winter with all of his leaves in tact and then one day they just started dropping until he was as naked as the trees outside. I kept watering occasionally and put him outside once it warmed up. Nothing. I bought a new pink one from the garden center. Wouldn't you know the damn thing started bringing leaves again? His last bloom just dropped off this past week. I didn't have any creepy crawlies on mine though but I do have some good stuff if they attack. I don't have a problem with aphids - my problem is with scale. Gross. And they go after ANYTHING with leaves. They're so hard to get rid of but then I found a spray that does the trick very quickly.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Puddles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Oh no walker! That's too bad, I know you loved that plant I hope you can find another one this summer.

I had a much smaller red one two summers ago. It made it most of the way through winter with all of his leaves in tact and then one day they just started dropping until he was as naked as the trees outside. I kept watering occasionally and put him outside once it warmed up. Nothing. I bought a new pink one from the garden center. Wouldn't you know the damn thing started bringing leaves again? His last bloom just dropped off this past week. I didn't have any creepy crawlies on mine though but I do have some good stuff if they attack. I don't have a problem with aphids - my problem is with scale. Gross. And they go after ANYTHING with leaves. They're so hard to get rid of but then I found a spray that does the trick very quickly.
    @GoJays I never actually saw any bugs, but there was this ugly stuff all along the vines ( and I mean on all of the vines ) and I would take a kleenex and pull it along and the goo that came off was thick, sticky and orange-ish. I think DH said that it was the poop from the bugs? ( but don't quote me, it is all a blur for me now )
    The spray I bought claimed it would get rid of aphids but it actually seemed to make the plant worse ( if that is possible )
    I was so nervous the red plant would get infected that we just finally placed the sick one back outside.

On a much much happier note, I really scored this Christmas with THREE Amaryllis plants. They were marked down to $4.00 each and all 3 of them bloomed huge multi flowers on each stalk ( 4 flowers per stalk ) THEN....after they died off they all grew another shoot and that shoot had flowers!!
    We were loving that. Everything looked so nice and colourful on that table for Christmas, including the Poinsettas.

I am going to search for another Mandavilla in the Spring. Thanks for your kind words. Seems so silly to get upset over a plant eh? oh well.......

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Sometime after Thursday at 2:00 PM and between yesterday morning crocuses and hyacinths started showing their leaves in my garden.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Snowdrops are peeking through the little bits of snow we have left in our front yard!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

A lone yellow crocus opened up today.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I saw four shoots (two were yellow and sideways under a pot!) a couple of days ago. I will check to see if crocuses are on the way. Or Siberian scilla.
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Four yellow crocuses today.

Page 141 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast

Thread Information