User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is our current air quality. It is yellow outside and smells horrible.

Name:  IMG_4871.PNG
Views: 218
Size:  177.4 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Sep 12th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Monday night was quite busy as I processed all of the kitchen breasts I had in the fridge to go in the freezer. I cut most of them up in chunks/strips, it is a little thing but I find it really helps with meal prep if I can just dump and go.

Also made a batch of Chicken Fajitas to enjoy later as I had a couple peppers and mushrooms that needed to be used up.

Last night I got a nice surprise, I went to go and clean the bathroom to discover it has already been done so I decided to tidy up the kitchen instead.

Still feeling a little sore from the awkward positions from trying to install the faucet, probably did not help that I spent pretty much all day yesterday on my feet helping at one of our front counters. Really hoping this clears up by the weekend as still hurts going up and down stairs and will put a cramp in my weekend plans.

Tonight after work I need to go to store. We only need a couple of things but they are on sale and today is the last day.

Off to do some proof reading of documents for work. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ladies today Sebastian is one -wow where did the year go ,and he really knows his papa and nana from staying with us most of the summer -my daughter is having us on sat ,with my son/wife and Ashlyn just the seven of us -she is making pasta with her homemade sauce with hamburg in it also for a hearty meal with a fresh loaf of bread ,she has ordered a cake from a local bakery with cookie crumbles on top ,she told me I can bring a bit home along with my son -yummm
    Off this morning when hubby walks in to return 2 tops to the bay and 3 tops to old navy so about 70 back on my credit card ,one bay top was too small and the other not attractive-the old navy I find very good for kids but I am not loving their tops for me -too sloppy the way they hang -I have gap cash to spend the next few days so may buy myself a cardigan
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Sep 13th, 2017 at 08:43 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ladies today Sebastian is one -wow where did the year go ,and he really knows his papa and nana from staying with us most of the summer -my daughter is having us on sat ,with my son/wife and Ashlyn just the seven of us -she is making pasta with her homemade sauce with hamburg in it also for a hearty meal with a fresh loaf of bread ,she has ordered a cake from a local bakery with cookie crumbles on top ,she told me I can bring a bit home along with my son -yummm
    Off this morning when hubby walks in to return 2 tops to the bay and 3 tops to old navy so about 70 back on my credit card ,one bay top was too small and the other not attractive-the old navy I find very good for kids but I am not loving their tops for me -too sloppy the way they hang -I have gap cash to spend the next few days so may buy myself a cardigan
    I am not a fan of Old Navy. The only thing I ever bought from there for the kids was jeans and shorts/swim shorts. I find shirts etc very thin and cheap.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!! Another beautiful sunny day.

My youngest and 5 of his friends went on an almost 3 hour long bike ride last night. They hit the trails and had a great time. Mom tried not to worry lol. I went for an hour long walk with my friend and had his dinner ready for him to be heated up when he returned (meatballs, rice and green beans).

I did 1 load of laundry last night. So happy to be on top of laundry now with my working washer!

I took out of the freezer the bag of chicken that I had ready and marked "crock pot chicken" last night so it thawed. I put my crockpot on the counter last night so I would remember to toss the chicken in it this morning and I did! Thinking oven fries and green beans (I'm using up a bag I found in freezer that expires next month). Boys will gobble it up. I will make a salad for myself instead of the fries and make a salad for my work lunch tomorrow at the same time.
    Since there will be leftover chicken I think I will make chicken fahitas for dinner tomorrow night. Will try baking the onions and peppers in the oven- together on a cookie sheet. I will cut it all up tonight and wrap on cookie sheet in fridge and then I can text DS to turn the oven on and put the tray in. I need to start using him for helping with dinner now that he is home afterschool

Will make sure to go for another hour long walk tonight since I am on a roll and dinner will be easy. Planning ahead sure helps out during the work week. I am excited about some upcoming sales this weekend to plan next week/months meals. I really need to prep some "crock pot" bags so they are ready to thaw and dump.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good morning, Smart Canucks! Slowly getting my room readied for painting-still have to see if the paint I want is in stock, as it's the last day. Good thing I have the Lowes flyer. My pricing was based on the wrong finish and satin finish is a bit more. The plan it to paint ceiling and three sides and little walls, leaving window-wall for another day after some repairs/sanding are done. Goal is to have the walls in closest and around windows done by Saturday. Trim and windows are another to-do plus get the door sanded (not today with rain in forecast).

After cutting grass yesterday, all I wanted to do was stretch out on a folding canvas bed outside. That was good for all of 10min then I took noticed the flowerbed needed weeding and some trimming. It got chilly damp around 6pm and I saw all the flying bugs that were making themselves comfortable on the bed, so I took it down and put it indoors. I realized 9:30am to 6pm seems to be my warmest period to paint and clean up before temps seem to cool.

Mom used my last few eggs, so no baking today of a cake or muffins. May attempt focaccia tonight when's its cooler.

OK time to slip on DIY hat and get the pail of paint! Enjoy the sunshine. May the members in the West experience cleaner air today that is cooler.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -you may find it worthwhile to see what Gap Mapleview has in stock as a change from the local store. Is Gap cash good on sale and clearance priced items too?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -you are right I find their tops thin and cheap looking love the gap thou for me
    ceil-I only have our car for a small time frame as we share it so I don't check out other malls like mapleview that's to far and as for the cost of gas I like to drive to limeridge which is 15 minutes away by car -I think gap cash is on clearance too and sale

well got back from mall at noon
    got 2 bags of freezies for .50 a bag in dollar tree=1.00

then did a tiny bit of xmas shopping in the mall a top for Sebastian Disney store 4.99 a cars shirt ,in Gymboree I got a dress for Ashlyn for 1.50-unreal eh a cute summer dress for her birthday and winter pants for Sebastian size 2 for xmas- 7.00 reg 13.99

then on to Walmart to return a clothing items Sebastian got from his other size too small ,then looked at clearance
    girls leggings for Ashlyn for next year size 5 3.00
    onsie for baby to be 3.00
    and a unisex burts bees onsie with short sleeves 2.00-i didn't even know they had a kiddies clothing line

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@coupon girl - You are in Christmas shopping mode! I see that American Eagle has charged my credit card which means my package has been shipped. I can't wait to receive it so I can start wrapping for my oldest. I totally go overboard as usual but I figure I don't spend much on him for clothes etc so happy to get a box full for a deal and I know he will love it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to RCSS on my lunch and bought a 10Lb of carrots. I plan on prepping Crockpot bags on Saturday with the roasts that are on sale so wanted to get what I can ready. I am almost thinking I should by another bag. I already bought a 10lb bag of onions and my honey thought it was too big lol. I may grab another too.

Has anyone ever cut and froze potatoes then cooked in crockpot? I know I can add them easily enough but the goal is to make up the bags so I just have to pull from the freezer/thaw and then dump in crock pot.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok I just googled some crock pot recipes and I see tons with potatoes that they are freezing and then thawing overnight before dumping in crock pot. I will try one and see if we like it!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

MacGyvering with paint supplies on hand-could not find plastic putty knife until long after I gave up on prepping walls. Found Polyfil in a tube-glacial stream so I snipped off more of the tip (also have a partial tub of Polyfil and it seems to be still somewhat moist, so I'll use the tub content for the big wall repair on the window wall). It's like almost dried out toothpaste but a wet finger helped to dab on the stuff in all the bumps and holes on the walls and ceiling>will sand them in the morning. Wood filler-both containers are dried out. The contents were like crumbly drying out cookie dough, not enough moisture to make it stick together. Somehow managed to push a bit into wooden door that will be sanded later (if I can find the sanding disks) but the filler would not stay on the baseboards, so the baseboards will be painted after the walls if I can sand down the sections that need some smoothing out (if I find sandpaper for the hand sander tool). I scraped off what I could of bits of paint that stuck out on the walls and off nails for calendar and pictures. Need to remove old paint on ceiling light base-think that is the only spot I'll apply the paint stripper because the fumes are otherwise not worth the bad headache and I need the paint off.

Looked at the paint cans downstairs and there may be about 1/3 pail left of the ultra white paint used in livingroom on ceiling and wood trim six years ago (yes, I'll have to stir it well if it can be used). Will open can tomorrow to see if there might be enough for two doors or one door and trim in my room. Besides my door, the kitchen door and bathroom door are all candidates for sanding and fresh paint. Need to inquire if older or unlikely to be used paints can go to the haz waste dropoff soon so they are not hanging around anymore.

Did a run to Walmart for groceries and snacks after I came home with paint. It was like reassurance that if I had to take breaks to figure out any prep issues, I had food "rewards" on standby. Really warm day--I had to fully open both bedroom windows to get enough air circulation as I was sweating. I keep forgetting to look for the 3M tape at Walmart but I don't seem to forget the food deals. Picked up a $1 bag of carrots-for cream of carrot soup and carrot/radish salad plus carrot sticks-and also two reduced bakery items, the sale Tostitos and Pepsi plue Minigo and two cans of flavoured tuna. Will clean up the carrots tonight so they are ready when needed.

Picked up a refundable plastic bottle on the way home second time as the roadside grass was cut down this morning and I spotted the container. To be returned tomorrow.

Was looking at the SC Blog posts and saw a good jacket at Penningtons in its WorkWear collection-three colours to choose from.

Lowes has a good assortment of 30" x 18" coir type door mats in the entryway to the Ancaster store. I like the colours of the chrysanthemum version--have it on my list of things to get this fall. Have to be careful not to keep adding snowball projects until the main project gets done. Budget has a way of running away from plans.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Sep 13th, 2017 at 08:51 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quebec members-how long has McDonald's referred to its combo meals as trios? Sibling noticed the trio term used in QC when he went to buy a meal at McDonald's. Ontario uses the meal or combo phrasing.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I went to RCSS on my lunch and bought a 10Lb of carrots. I plan on prepping Crockpot bags on Saturday with the roasts that are on sale so wanted to get what I can ready. I am almost thinking I should by another bag. I already bought a 10lb bag of onions and my honey thought it was too big lol. I may grab another too.

Has anyone ever cut and froze potatoes then cooked in crockpot? I know I can add them easily enough but the goal is to make up the bags so I just have to pull from the freezer/thaw and then dump in crock pot.
    No i never froze potatoes before but coop grocery stores here in Newfoundland they sell 5 lbs bags 0f turnip , carrots, potatoes , broccoli , cauliflower and even onions for catering companies and its all frozen .
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have heard mix reviews on freezing potatoes. I have seen many people say they do it online but I have also heard people say it changes the texture and as they defrost liquid comes out of them giving them an unpleasant texture. I personally have never tried it as on the weekends we usually make a batch of roasted or mashed potatoes and they are in the fridge and just need to be heated up or re purposed during the week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information