User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

investigator77 left a very interesting comment on my Dior post explaining how she deals with a rude salesperson.

Read the very last comment:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-coup...pointing-dior/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

bcteagirl
    Good post!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not that shy either..My Mom found a pair of sneaker she liked and stated that she thought they would be great for her walks at nite as they were comfortable. The salesperson stated several times that they weren't for walking and was insisting that she buy the "walking" sneakers that were 40 bucks more....To make a long story short, after I intervened she got both for the low price of the original sneakers LOL

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow..that's a very good post..I haven't yet come across a snotty salesperson, but if I do, I'm going to keep that notebook idea handy

Oh, hello there.
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

A good post, to be sure. The book idea is much better than freaking out and causing a scene and definitely gets the point across. What left me with a bad taste in my mouth is the ending:

"These people are making retail wages, which is usually pretty crappy. If they think they can look down their noses at ME, who has the money to buy whatever they’re selling, they can think again. I mean, who is doing the serving? Not me!!"

Is respect doled out according to wage? People in the service industry aren't always suited to their job, and being disrespected while trying to shop feels terrible, but saying something like this takes it to an offensive personal level.
    For $10 off for new customers at www.well.ca please use promo code KicklegsSmartestCanucks
    Surveys that pay! https://legerweb.com/RMBY0

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very informative posts,learnt a lot.I also have had trouble with the Bay near where I live, the saleswomen are very rude and patronising if you go in with a freebie print out or any sample request unless you are also buying something.The clinic perfume sample she said was all gone but a younger lady came out and said she couldnt believe they were gone as she had only seen one other freebie print out, a disagreement ensued and the nice lady gave me a sample of something else much to the other womans chagrin.After reading the post I guess she was keeping them for herself.How ever I will not go in there any more and put myself through that.She made me feel like a freeloader.The poster in the story has a lot more patience and nerve than I do.She handles these things the right way.
    Last edited by nagem; Sat, Aug 11th, 2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: ml

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Hmmm - I appreciate the post. I don't however have the time, patience or inclinatioin to follow up with every manager/supervisor of a sale rep that I deal with, who provides bad service. There are sooooooo many. I would much rather have it taken care of on the spot. I find that most stores do not want an in person disagreement as it becomes known to other customers. I think the best thing that we can do a customers is to know the rules. Know where we can price match, know what sales are on and what freebies are available. The phrase "I'd like to see your manager" is one that works for me. Managers, don't want to risk a customer going to head office. FYI - bay and zellers stores that are unionized, only cover non-managerial staff. So essentially managers at these 2 stores want to keep their jobs.

I also don't shop at the Bay as I find most of their merchandise to be highly overpriced ( I worked there during University too) and it was not for me. I am just not interested in a $200 sheet set - or one sheet..

Another FYI - Bay and Zellers cashiers have the ability to reduce an item by up to 30% if warranted.

acl
    Female
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had a bad experience about couple of months back with one of the front store manager at shoppers drugmart. I got very mad at him in the store and asked him for his name and that i would complain about him. When i got home right away, i called up shoppers drugmart and complained about the manager. The next day i got a call back from shoppers and they said they apologise and that they appreciated that i brought this matter to them. Lastly, she asked me for my shoppers drugmart card no. and gave me 2000 points. But now i dont go to that location to shop.
    Enthusiasm is contagious. Be a carrier.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

i think i've had my rant about stuck up sales people especially cosmetics department store sales reps.
    the whole thing about not wanting to give out freebies cuz so they can take home more for themselves is sad. while getting my makeup consultation from clinique the rep and i chatted and i found out she gets the make up for free anyways.
    in my mind well then theres certainly no need to hoard freebies if u get the full sizes for free?
    am i wrong?

Check out my coupon list, updated as of

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I've done this before. I didn't like their attitude, I ask if they work on commission, and if they say yes, I say "too bad", and I go to another salesman.
    If they say no, I ask for the manager, and if they are the manager, I ask for head office phone number.
    There are so many unemployed people looking for work, I sure someone else would be appreciative about the job.

Thread Information