User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Costco membership, is it worth it?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But isn't there a guy who stands at the entrance and only lets you in if you have a membership card?
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

something to chew on.

Costco apparently makes 70% of their money from membership fees.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was a member I recall their tech stuff/ computers/ TV's and so on were last year models compare to other places, not sure if they still do that

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

their prices on electronics are never competitive.

They are exactly the same, or higher than, other big box stores.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's great if you buy in bulk, especially meat products, especially if you have a large household. Its worth it, depends on your current situation.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Costco if you shop bulk every week.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know if there is a specific time of year when Costco offers 'benefits' with new memberships?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a specific time of year when Costco offers 'benefits' with new memberships?

There is. I cant recall exavtly what it is but i believe theres a coupon book or discount to the cost. Im sure someone will have more details. It may be bring a friend type deal. I am not sure

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post

from costco.ca website
    Use of Reward

Reward coupons will be mailed with membership renewal notices. Reward coupons may be redeemed by the primary member toward purchases of most merchandise through the front-end registers at Costco Wholesale warehouses throughout Canada only. Reward coupons may be used toward purchases of merchandise only; they have no independent cash value. Reward coupons may not be used: (i) toward purchases of certain merchandise such as alcoholic beverages, cigarettes or other tobacco-related products; (ii) toward purchases that are not recorded through Costco Wholesale’s front-end registers, such as purchases at Costco Wholesale’s gas stations, food courts, optical centres (Quebec only), pharmacies and online at Costco.ca; (iii) toward purchases of services, including travel, auto and other services; (iv) toward purchases where prohibited by legal or regulatory restrictions; or (v) toward certain other purchases as determined from time to time at Costco Wholesale’s discretion. Reward coupons will not be replaced if lost or stolen. A complete list of products and services that cannot be purchased with Reward coupons is available on Costco.ca and at the Membership Counter in each of our warehouses.

executive members get rewards cheques
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaboo View Post
    You can get a friend to buy you gift cards and use that at Costco. It's a bit of a loophole, if you do not have a membership. Will give you a chance to see if it is worth it for you.
    I've done this several times over the years.....although last time I was at Costco in Halifax, the Customer Service employee told me I am permitted to shop in-store with a Costco GiftCard/CashCard twice per year using a 'day-pass' since I am not a member and would be refused if I tried to exceed that, or they'd deduct the membership fee from the giftcard/cashcard on my third time annually. My work-around would be to take a friend with me and have them request the 'day pass' to use the card.

I do like that you can order anything from Costco.ca without a membership and it's free shipping right to your home.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Speaking of free shipping, Costco will deliver non-perishables to Southern Ontario homes on orders over $75 soon.

Only non-perishable goods will be available through the service, which comes with a guarantee of delivery within two days. There will be no delivery surcharge for orders over $75.The company says "hundreds of grocery items," including health and beauty products and vitamins and supplements, will be available for delivery.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/costco-grocery-delivery-comes-canada-214800082.html
    Anna Michele likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information