User Tag List

Page 587 of 654 FirstFirst ... 87 487 537 577 585 586 587 588 589 597 637 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When a store dont have a product for 2 weeks in a row....i have rainchecks that expire in 2 weeks ....hope they will have the product in stock before the rainchecks are no longer valid.....
    macw1960 and coupongirl99 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When you dont receive ordered coupons or a trade in time for a sale
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:26 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I've had this happen. Try going to customer service and see if they will extend the rain cheque because of it. My store did when I asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    When a store dont have a product for 2 weeks in a row....i have rainchecks that expire in 2 weeks ....hope they will have the product in stock before the rainchecks are no longer valid.....
    Tweets77, GoJays, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

where does one post a recall on stir fry and veggies?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/several...erns-1.3641453

Mann's veggie mixes are affected.
    macw1960 and cath007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby
    There's a thread for it, but it's not well-used.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/21714-...ebsite-canada/
    Natalka usually just posts them in the 'reviews' forum under 'Canadian shopping discussion'

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    where does one post a recall on stir fry and veggies?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/several...erns-1.3641453

Mann's veggie mixes are affected.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have an allergy to pineapple period. There was juice that my mom gave me these electrolyte bottles to drink little did I know I drank half the bottle to notice my chest tightening up then read the bottle contains "from concentrate pineapple juice" I freaked out after someone told me to take some benedryl I did it didn't work. My throat was itchy and and the roof of my mouth was raw. Well I waited 2 1/2hours at emerge to see a doctor who said that I had in doubt an allergic reaction to the juice she said it would take a couple days to clear up! They gave me high dose of zantac and Advil which was hard to swallow.

My rant is why did I not get seen sooner if I actually did have an allergic reaction and my throat was swollen, uvula, and my whole mouth looked to have inner hives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I have an allergy to pineapple period. There was juice that my mom gave me these electrolyte bottles to drink little did I know I drank half the bottle to notice my chest tightening up then read the bottle contains "from concentrate pineapple juice" I freaked out after someone told me to take some benedryl I did it didn't work. My throat was itchy and and the roof of my mouth was raw. Well I waited 2 1/2hours at emerge to see a doctor who said that I had in doubt an allergic reaction to the juice she said it would take a couple days to clear up! They gave me high dose of zantac and Advil which was hard to swallow.
    My rant is why did I not get seen sooner if I actually did have an allergic reaction and my throat was swollen, uvula, and my whole mouth looked to have inner hives?
    You say you were in Emergency? Or were you at the outpatient/triage area (which is quite often next to Emergency in most hospitals). If you were in Emergency, then you wouldnt have been in a waiting area. You would have been taken directly to a bed and been connected to a machine to monitor your vital signs. You may have waited 2+ hours in emergency, but so long as your status didnt waiver on the monitors, you're still under observation, but perhaps not as immediately critical as others in the ward. Others with say head traumas, heart failures, internal damage, etc which could be immediately fatal take priority.

The similar concept is applied in the outpatient/triage area, but with a reduced risk and without the monitoring. They take your immediate vitals (blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen level, etc) and a once-over examination. If you arent deemed a fatality risk, you wait. Plain and simple. (if you are, then they cart you into Emergency, which is why they're usually next to one another -- and you wind up on a monitor as above) -- If you remain in the outpatient/triage area and your symptoms get progressively worse during your wait, then you (and/or presumably the person you came in with) should advise the triage nurse(s) on duty of your change and you would be re-triaged.

In the end, (and no offense intended) you weren't seen sooner because they assessed you properly in whichever scenario played out above. I presume your allergy isnt (or wasnt at that time) a fatality risk. Especially if they let you go with what are otherwise over-the-counter meds and told you to wait it out a couple of days. Again, without having been there myself, (and with no intention of belittling your situation, your discomfort, nor your frustration) it does sound like they made the right call.

It sucks that you had to wait that long, but ultimately you didnt get worse, and you lived to tell the tale. Hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, Oct 21st, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
    JadeAngel and macw1960 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was a child, I had consumed shrimp accidentally when I am severely allergic to shellfish. I was unable to breathe, my throat had closed up and I was triaged at emergency and taken immediately to a room where I was hooked up to equipment to monitor my vitals. It was about 10 minutes once I was admitted that nurses assessed me and took me to the room. The doctors treated me very shortly, so I think it's a matter of who is in more dire need.
    Last edited by ashp; Sat, Oct 21st, 2017 at 07:07 PM.
    JadeAngel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

GO TO SLEEP ALREADY!!!!! (Ds1) I’m trying to get the kids to sleep so I can order in some food and watch the walking dead. Ds2 is already asleep but ds1 just won’t stop talking and go to sleep.

dh can’t help because he went to a friends house to watch the wrestling pay per view. He went over there for me so I could watch my show live instead of having to wait until tomorrow when the kids are in school.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

ordering everything online because i`m a recluse and ending up with lazy af posties who just leave pick up notices.
    GoJays, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I'm getting so tired of people getting all up in arms about 'premature Christmas decorating'. I put my lights up in early to mid October. Yes, it looks funny to you, but I'm going to be inside sipping hot cocoa come mid November once I officially turn them on and not laying in a bed in the ER because I slipped off the slick frosty roof like you did.

I turn them on as I go once it's dark to make sure everything looks right and everything is spaced correctly, but they go back off within five minutes. I am respectful of Remembrance day and I wait until after to turn my lights on.

But people get actually UPSET because it's 'so early' to be putting them up. I don't turn them on and leave them on until November 12th. All I ever hear is "It's not even Halloween yet!" I don't know if y'all know, but this is Canada, not Florida, and November is cold and snowy. The stupidest weather to be out fiddling with things on a rooftop. Not to mention I work retail and the busiest time of the year for me will not allow me any extra time off to do it any time in November or December...
    Ours were up when we bought the house last march and will stay up because we are scared of heights!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Deleted
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Oct 29th, 2017 at 12:11 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Mail box hide n week due to infrastructure construction
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Oct 29th, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Newfiescreech and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Comment deleted
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Oct 29th, 2017 at 12:16 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

When things become norm and people decide to always put their two cents in even though it's a rant just to rant not a question for them to answer...

Or when your mother has to inform you of all the gruesome things that have happened to people you have known right before bed so all you do is dream about them gruesome things....

When people take advantage of you when you trade a pack of smokes for a leather jacket for someone else and then they decide to turn around and talk about money to you it's like for f sakes thanks for stabbing me with your money lingo when you owe me more then the weight of gold, mister.

Or when people walk down ur hallway at 15mins to 5 am yelling and cussing at each other!

Or when you become sick and work doesn't believe you!

Or you run outta butter to butter your bread before pay day(Wednesday)

Live, Love, Laugh

Thread Information