User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart (ON) Nov 11 - 17

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Nov 18th, 2017
    Heads up: This is probably the last SDM flyer I post for a while. (Ever?)

As many of you know, I've been frustrated with sites that have taken my sneak peak pics and reposted them elsewhere on non-SmartCanucks.ca affiliated sites. And, JUST LAST WEEK, on top of every flyer I posted, there was a blurb asking people to not repost my pics. In the past, I think I've been clear that sharing deals is great, but taking the pics and reposting them is NOT. It's easy to post in another forum, on FB, twitter, whatnot, "Hey, there's this xxxx great deal coming up in the next xxxx flyer" without adding my pics to your post.

Every SINGLE flyer thread I posted last week had a "Do Not Repost" on it. My SDM pics usually have this written IN BLACK MARKER on the front page EVERY WEEK.

Naturally, an hour or two after I uploaded the SDM flyer, someone cropped one of the pics and posted it on the forum where the Flags are Red. Wonderful. You know, I try to post decent quality pics, I try not to scrawl all over them so you can still see the details...which I KNOW makes it easy to crop out the watermarks...but, is it that hard to show an ounce of respect to someone who has demonstrated some consistency in posting flyer sneak peaks?

Okay, fine, you win, congratulations -- you can get your sneak peaks from someone else. It's no secret I'm not fond of posting this flyer, (though the coffee love has been great, here, and kept me going). NOT posting SDM certainly makes my life easier.

So...ahem...this is a GREAT time for anyone who wants to post the SDM flyer to jump in. (Actually, ANY time in the past would have been great, too...lol.) It's been...uh, interesting the last 2.5 years, or so.

See ya next we--...ehh, maybe not. Who knows? Over, and out!

[FYI: If you're wondering, "Why now?" I stumbled onto 2 other sites reposting my pics, (which annoys me) hence last week's "Don't Repost". Then, started accumulating down votes elsewhere, (which, "straw, camel, back", okay, down votes win, I give up). To be fair...if you gave me an upvote over there, I'm gonna assume you know my posts in SC - thanks for them! Ah, well. A small part of it is amusing, in a vaguely ironic way, that I snagged downvotes. Circular logic fail. Ah, well. Right now, it's just irritating enough to just say "screw this sh#t."]

[To the Smart Canucks who have sent me coffee (icons), if there's a flyer you really, really, really want to see...send me a PM...I'll try to get over my annoyance and post it for you] ;-)

[...yes, I really am this long winded...but, I'm making up for the future absence...!]
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                          
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You know I love my SDM flyer. So please please please don't stop posting (or at least still post the promo & 2 day sale pages which is what I usually care about)

If I got them early, I would happily take over, but sadly, my flyer delivery guys finally dumped our flyers in the rain on Sunday instead of Thursday when they were supposed to be delivered.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Awwww sorry Cyn... It sucks when people take credit for your work.. I don't know the sites where they post so I can't go stand up for you.. I really look forward to going through the flyers and knowing what deals are coming.. I make a list and plan a little outting.. (yeah I know.. I need to get a life :o) ... I will admit though it seems like a lot of work for little pay.. especially the bigger flyers.. I totally understand if you don't do it anymore or if you change your mind and keep on doing it.. .... Imagine me singing, i do sing horribly by the way, but imagine me singing.. thanks for the memoriesss....
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Oh Cyn I understand your frustration and you know I appreciate the time and effort you put into your posts every week. I wish everyone did. I never see them outside of SC not that I look any Where else. I look forward to planning my holiday shopping and utilizing my Mon Wed & Friday offers to my benefit. And its easier knowing a week ahead of time if i should hold out or not ... especially this time of year.

To the arse who keeps reposting the pics share the deals don't use the pics... its simple.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Sadly, I don't think the person reposting them bothers to read the blurb, just posts them.
    To be fair to the other major site, they did ask the user to remove the pic too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Thanks Cyn. Appreciate all your hard work as I know it's time consuming too. Understand your position and how fustrating this situation is for you and many of us as well!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and cyn88canada like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Sadly, I don't think the person reposting them bothers to read the blurb, just posts them.
    To be fair to the other major site, they did ask the user to remove the pic too
    LOL. I think the poster removed the pic after they read my reply. The Mods at the other site have previously removed my pics and replaced them with the live versions if/when it's brought to their attention. But, geez...an hour after it's uploaded here, it shows up there...someone's paying attention to this site! (Or stalking SDM which is...incomprehensible).

The important thing...if you still have money for a $50 SDM gc next week, you can buy it and get a free 88g bag of KISSES Holiday Chocolate!! Free chocolate!!!

Heh. Thanks all for the +ve words. I'm not trying to play for sympathy, really, it's just that some of you have been very generous and I want to explain why I've dropped SDM from my normal posting rotation. I'm hoping someone else uploads SDM, in future. If that doesn't happen...ugh, well I'm not ruling out posting it again, (like I said, the coffee (icon) love is very strong here)...I may be back after a hiatus. And, if you really NEED a certain flyer, (and I recognize you), I'm happy to post it upon request. Just feeling very grumpy this month. Grrr.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

So I just need to PM you every week asking for SDM with a pic of coffee? LOL
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    So I just need to PM you every week asking for SDM with a pic of coffee? LOL
    LOL. Give me a month! There is very little I will not do for my One True Love.

(But, yeah, I hate hate hate posting this flyer...GREAT time for someone else to, though!)
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If someone else is doing the flyer, writing SmartCanucks (or doing a screened watermark) on the major promos like the GC deal, redemption, 2 day sale etc helps cut down on it being shared.
    You need to do it so it can't be easily cropped
    barbis9 likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know these other sites that are re-posting your pictures but I definitely get your frustation Cyn. I've really appreciated all the effort you go through to post this (long) flyer every week!
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

sorry some jerk stole your pictures and claimed credit for your work. I’ve appreciated you taking the time to post the flyers. It’s given me a general idea of the sales ahead of time. (Atlantic Shoppers Drug Mart flyer is very similar with very few item differences and slightly higher prices on certain items.)
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks so much for your hard work. Appreciate the effort. This is a great loss to us SDM fanatics but the decision is totally understandable.
    barbis9 and 4sure5 like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you so much Cyn, you have been awesome posting this flyer for so long. I hope you know how much money you have saved everyone ... and almost as important, how many points we have earned.

Thank you again, it's been so much appreciated!

4sure5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Thank you for all your hard work posting these flyers--like others have said it's been a midweek highlight !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information