User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ontario Energy Group is a scam!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    OP: I have a question for you, as I lived in Ontario before as well and I remember getting the knocks on the door all the time from Scammers such as these.

Anyways, my question is: Are you selling a home that you own or renting? (I am assuming you own) Would you not have to let the new homeowners know of this contract? Or does this contract become null and void when new ownership takes place?

I owned when I lived in Ontario and had to inform the new owners that there was a Utilities Rental Agreement, this is why I ask.
    Yes, of course, they will be notified of the fee's or they told us we can add the fee's into the value of our home as well..but most likely the next owner will be paying them/when the time comes we will also discuss it with our Realtor.
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Mar 16th, 2016 at 11:16 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Which city are you in ? Always go for the Gov. and City related primary company ..never go for these third party companies..they are just energy and furnace/ac/water heater resellers that's all. They are just middleman, nothing more nothing less.

So only companies like Enbridge, Toronto Hydro etc. There should only be ONE company on your bill, the original primary gov. or city or province related/regulated company. The moment there is a second company on your bill, you are getting scammed by a third party reseller/middleman.

Your Water Heater, AC , Furnace all should be bought out right i.e ownership..they should never be a rental . You can finance them through your bank if you can't afford a one time payment.
    Our bills come from Horizon(with third parties on them) we are in Ontario-an hour away from Toronto, I asked my parent's they said there is no other option for companies..(that they know of), I don't really know much about companies either, but if they're on a contract with Union Gas then I don't know if they can just leave...I just don't know much about this stuff..:/

edit: sorry my mistake I wrote union gas instead of horizon, I think union gas is for something else completely, I meant to say Horizon is our company.
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, Mar 17th, 2016 at 05:19 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I had some guy from ECO ENERGY come on my door step.

Extremely rude, aggressive , condescending , pushy and sarcastic ,misleading & liar, when I told him NO at least 5-6 times .

I had to slam the door in his face, otherwise he wouldn't leave my porch. Firm & polite, 5-6 No's were not enough for him. To the best of my knowledge, they are on pure commission i.e no base salary or hourly salary. They get $ 100 per door ( could be more by now ) they sign up. Hence they are are extremely aggressive. If they don't get a sale, they don't get paid, so they don't even get hourly minimum wage.

A Van or Car comes and parachute drops the 4-5 candidates aka rude, arrogant, aggressive sales people in one particular area.

After 8-10 hrs the car or van comes back and picks them up. In these 8-10 hrs these 4-5 candidates harass, intimidate & bully people in one particular area..literally going to hundred's of houses door by door , street by street, block by block.

Next day the van drops them in some other area after one area is done.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I had someone knock on our door trying to sell us something o do with the gas supplied to the house. I let him ramble on for about 30 mins (on the drive, I didn't let him in the house). I think he thought he had me sucked in, till I gave him the punch line .... I said, I don't believe you and I don't think you have done your homework very well, we don't have gas coming to our house ... and don't bother our neighbors, they don't have gas either. He left really quickly after that
    Tweets77, walkonby and lilo0003 like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

One of these "people" tried to scam my elderly mother into getting a new hot water tank (when she rents hers). When I found out, I made a phone call to the # on the "contract" and told the person on the other end that if anyone from that company showed up on my mother's property, they would be arrested for trespassing on the spot. I laid it out for them that under no circumstances would they be allowed on the property, and that I was reporting them to the police. That was the end of that.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information