User Tag List

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had a chance to read some of the October Martha Stewart Living magazine yesterday and posted two recipes in the Great Pumpkin Heist. I have to look over the other quick bread and meal recipes to see what to add to my notebooks. Since I have a hard time finding current issues of the magazine at my local branch, Terryberry usually has more recent issues available for circulation. Westdale branch on Saturday did not have new issues of my favourite French title, so I made do by snacking on my bag of candy from the leadership summit on the walk home in the drizzle. I did see a couple of Monopoly pieces on containers on the walk but the pieces were repeats.
    Enjoyed a hot chocolate yesterday morning at the Walmart McDonald's so I could read the Sunday Toronto Sun newspaper.
    I have not gone into Value Village yet as I don't have enough $ to buy even the top I'd like to own. Yesterday's container refund money was spent on two 2L bottles of President's Choice pop as I did not have enough for the 6pk pop special at Shoppers. Spent several minutes last night reviewing summit notes and jotting down my goal list in terms of mobile technology, work, travel plans and skills development.
    Sibling is returning to work today-the past three weeks have been a tad crowded with four of us in a small home at any time over 2h. I feel like I can breathe a little more.
    barbis9, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sunny yet chilly day-feels like another cake or loaf baking day. Mind you, I'd rather eat either right now with a pot of Earl Grey tea for lunch soon. But no cake lurks in the fridge at home. Ideas...we all could have some fun thinking of possibilities today.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well today I am not in the best mood(see rant section for why)...I will catch up later
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I was thinking about buying our cats’ medication not from the vet. Do you know of any good/reliable stores or websites to buy from? Feel free to pm me if you would like to discuss it further.
    I just got mine filled at Shoppers and it was way cheaper than the vet. Costco is usually very competitively priced - call them for a quote.
    Tweets77, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Had a chance to read some of the October Martha Stewart Living magazine yesterday and posted two recipes in the Great Pumpkin Heist. I have to look over the other quick bread and meal recipes to see what to add to my notebooks. Since I have a hard time finding current issues of the magazine at my local branch, Terryberry usually has more recent issues available for circulation. Westdale branch on Saturday did not have new issues of my favourite French title, so I made do by snacking on my bag of candy from the leadership summit on the walk home in the drizzle. I did see a couple of Monopoly pieces on containers on the walk but the pieces were repeats.
    Enjoyed a hot chocolate yesterday morning at the Walmart McDonald's so I could read the Sunday Toronto Sun newspaper.
    I have not gone into Value Village yet as I don't have enough $ to buy even the top I'd like to own. Yesterday's container refund money was spent on two 2L bottles of President's Choice pop as I did not have enough for the 6pk pop special at Shoppers. Spent several minutes last night reviewing summit notes and jotting down my goal list in terms of mobile technology, work, travel plans and skills development.
    Sibling is returning to work today-the past three weeks have been a tad crowded with four of us in a small home at any time over 2h. I feel like I can breathe a little more.
    I don't know if the Hamilton library does this or not but you can usually reserve individual magazines just like books so if there is an issue you are looking for that might work. I know the Burlington and Oakville libraries let you reserve magazines as they are listed by month.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -yep baby number #3 will be here soon -lets hope after Wednesday when I get my haircut ,oh and I don't watch Ashlyn anymore she is in school now age 4-junior kindergarden
    -went to library today got my 4 books I had on hold 2 are cookbooks -want to see if I can find any new recipes I may want to write out
    -saved 5.00 today buy returning a toy I bought cause I found another one cheaper
    -just went for a brisk walk with my neighbour 15 minutes was windy but refreshing
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel We tried giving them just ham or just potatoes from the soup, but none of them wanted it. Our son eventually tried it when he got hungry and decided that it tasted fairly good and he ate the entire bowl full.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I just got mine filled at Shoppers and it was way cheaper than the vet. Costco is usually very competitively priced - call them for a quote.
    Unfortunately neither of those places are in our little city.
    I just called around and it sounds like Rodeo Dog (used to be called Cow Town) carries what we need.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Nov 20th, 2017 at 05:43 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I scoped 2 boxes of pasta at WM on the weekend.
    I found a shiny dime beside my van in the Sobeys parking lot yesterday. I spent $55, deemed $10 in AM, $6.50 CO51, $2 coupon, redeemed 1 rain-check, and got 3 new rain-checks for their bogo sale.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Used my 5,00$ Agropur cheese on Oka L'artisan slice of cheese at Maxi it was 7,00$minus the 5,00$ coupon=2,00$ still cheap cheese and great taste

Was not sure about the Anco because of the price 4,49$ lower than the coupon at maxi....maxi dont give overage so ....do they deduce the price of the coupon to the sale price or I would get rejected?Any thoughts?Thanks to my couponning friend for giving me the response on fb. the response is yes !!!
    Also if anyone have this coupon for trade I am interessted I have stamps
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have another coupon of 5.00 Agropur my couponning friend will trade with me,so free cheese;I am at 700points for another pc plus 20.00 redemption ;wishing you all a great evening, need to do more meal planning with the sales this week as the freezer is now low;;;
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our son and I baked 2 chocolate chip banana breads right before I cooked supper, thereby saving some power. Tonight I oven baked an entire family pack of chicken thighs, but I’m concerned that there aren’t enough leftovers for tomorrow night’s supper. Our 2yr old twin boy ate 2+ chicken thighs himself. We also had Dole Chop Chop Salad and French bread with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dipping sauce.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

A few little "freebies" I was able to score yesterday...

-Did a whole bunch of surveys on Rewarding Your Opinion for Air Miles (Managed to earn 47AM yesterday ALONE! So much easier than actually buying anything, and those miles will bring me up to 2 redeems for the Shop the Block offers)
    -Spotted a Mcdonald's coffee cup with a sticker still on it, so I grabbed that
    -Got on the bus and noticed a few little stickers on the ground, A FREE MEDIUM FRY & FREE MUFFIN (Mcdonald's Monopoly Stickers)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@John56 789 I just checked out Rewarding Your Opinion, but they are not accepting new members.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The day started off sunny today. A bit of wind (of course it's always windy on garbage day!)

Last night I finally cooked up a stuffed frozen pasta that I have wanted to use up. It was dated Jan 2017- boy time sure does fly. Didn't seem that long ago that I bought it. DS liked it. (I just sprinkled cheese on it and melted it) There is a little left that I will add to his plate tonight with the chops.

I did 2 loads of laundry last night and will continue tonight. I took out 3 packages of porkchops that I got at 75% off last week. Will cook them all up tonight with veggies and another side. The boys can eat for dinner tonight and then it will be leftovers for dinner tomorrow night. Then I will freeze the leftover chops to pull out another night when needed. Will see what else I will make to keep some selection in the fridge.

I am on the hunt for the upcoming SDM sale flyer. Need to plan a good shop. If there isn't tons I want then I will grab another cologne sampler set for next Christmas.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information