User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block is Back!!! up to 2000 Air Miles (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Just a heads up - i want to point out that some of the offers may expire on different dates. I only noticed today that the spend 95 miles offer at my store (IGA) is only good until November 29. I was gong to wait till the next flyer to see if something I wanted was going to be on sale, but the next flyer starts November 30!

The HBC eGC offer (online offer) expires Nov 26 here - ymmv.

I did this promo last year and there were a lot of problems with people getting all the miles they were entitled to - an AM rep told me that. I suggest you save not just your receipts but a copy of the coupon the receipt goes with. I was on the phone for 1 hour with the rep last year sorting it out. That was my second call. The first call I was on hold for almost an hour also - spoke to someone but he was just a screener. In the end it still took another 4-6 weeks. It's still worth it, imo, but just know this could happen

If you have questions, I suggest the AM chat feature. It's quicker than calling imo plus you can save a copy of the transcript. In my case the chat was too long for me to get a transcript but I did multiple screenshots to have proof of what i was told in case there was a problem.

Good luck, everyone!
    Silk

ETA: I just remembered that the first chat I did last year, the rep gave me incorrect info, so if you question something you were told, call or do another chat.
    Yeah....I only got wrong information from the live chat. Most of them are idots.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Just discovered this;

https://shoptheblock.ca/en/faq/

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Gah I officially hate this promo
    I had 5/7 and 6/7 done
    I just did my last two she'll shops one per card to realize it's not just 25 L it's wus $50 it would have been nice if the cashier looked at the coupon and said sorry this won't work you don't have 50 in gas
    So now out of my 4 gas transaction 2 per card only the last one is valid as that's when I realized.
    Also I did the children's place promo on black Friday bought 11 items and they charged and refunded me twice then charged 52 when I got my order yesterday I only had 10 items so my total before tax was only 49.90. I'm not sure if it will still consider the original transaction or not so I'm going to bring everything in store on Friday when the next promo starts and return and rebuy everything if i can .
    So it looks like I only have 3/7 and 5/7 done at this point omg fml

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

7/7 Offers complete on my card

Foodland
    Tia Rosa Soft Taco Kit $4.99+10BM
    Schneiders Deli Meat $10.00 (approx)+20BM and a free pack of store made buns (YAY lunches are complete)
    Cadbury Choc Bars 4x$2.50=$10.00+20BM + 25BM(WUB4) (Stocking stuffers)
    Spend $60 get 20BM (Also bought needed grocery items)

Sobeys
    Tia Rosa Soft Taco Kit $4.99+10BM
    Cadbury Choc Bars 4x$2.50=$10.00+20BM + 25BM(WUB4)
    Herbal Essences 2x$3.99=$7.98+30BM

Total OOP approx $107.96 + 180BM

Also helping family members get their offers

Mothers card 5/7

Daughters card 6/7

Sons card 1/7

....getting there

Question about the airmileshop.ca offer, I am uncertain about the fine print, is it spend $20 total between 3 shops or spend $20 at each of 3 shops?

TIA

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Must be $20 or more for each shop for a total of $60
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what a dolt I am!! I was wondering how everyone was getting all these Shop The Block offers and the booklet I had given to me at the store ( I think at Metro ) contained very few I could use. I went to see what the lcbo offers and that is when I saw all these other ones just begging me to print them out.
    I think I can easily reach 7 now!!

woo hoo!!
    Giseledta, Silk, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

First year taking part in STB, happily surprised how easy it was to complete. I’ve set aside receipts, and currently at 9 offers....bring on the 2,000 bonus AM. Happy shopping everyone!

3 offers - Jean Coutu (redeem 95 AM for $10, 3x AM wus $20, $10+ Personnelle products)
    2 offers - IGA (redeem 95AM for $10, $50 giftcard {Shell})
    2 offers - Shell $50 w/ min 25 L of fuel (N14-N27 + N28-D14)
    1 offer - Irving (4+ 20 L of fuel)
    1 offer - Pharmasave (redeem 95AM for $10)
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Decided to do another offer today as a backup (Now at 6, including this one, and will be doing two more [Foodland/Sobeys Redeem 95AM])

Foodland (Thorold):
    Maple Lodge Bologna (4): $9.96 - SALE?($2.80; $2.49 Shelf, $1.79 Rang) + 20BAM WUB3(STB) + 50BAM WUB4(In store) = -$0.21

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This promo is hard to do. All the products I want to get are sold out or not even sold at my grocery stores (very small ones downtown). Don't have a car so no gas and many of the stores are far away. Tried the Staples offer but their site won't accept their own coupon.

Don't have enough Air Miles to do the redemption ones. Really want this to happen but don't know if it will
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    what a dolt I am!! I was wondering how everyone was getting all these Shop The Block offers and the booklet I had given to me at the store ( I think at Metro ) contained very few I could use. I went to see what the lcbo offers and that is when I saw all these other ones just begging me to print them out.
    I think I can easily reach 7 now!!

woo hoo!!
    @walkonby - be sure to check the online coupons also - often different ones there:

https://shoptheblock.ca/en/home?reg=

Choose your region to see online offers as well as the booklet offers.

Silk
    lotsasavings and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @walkonby - be sure to check the online coupons also - often different ones there:

https://shoptheblock.ca/en/home?reg=

Choose your region to see online offers as well as the booklet offers.

Silk
    yes, @Silk that was what I was talking about, those beautiful online coupons! I logged into the site and was stunned at how many there were...yeehaw! ha ha
    Silk and lotsasavings like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My Sobey's air miles for shop the block, chocolate and shampoo, were added today. Check your accounts, scroll down as they aren't dated with today's date. Hope everyone gets theirs if you bought these items early on.
    Giseledta, Silk, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If in ON the offers are easy, then I would do maybe 1-2 extra just to be on the safe side. You never know with these AM guys, they screw up lot of times with missing miles etc.

Whatever you do, keep a record of everything in writing and scan & keep the receipts , coupons , offers etc. Lot of times the ink on the receipt fades after 3-4 months and its barely legible, so better to keep a copy of it scanned.
    Silk, macw1960, 2shopmom and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    If in ON the offers are easy, then I would do maybe 1-2 extra just to be on the safe side. You never know with these AM guys, they screw up lot of times with missing miles etc.

Whatever you do, keep a record of everything in writing and scan & keep the receipts , coupons , offers etc. Lot of times the ink on the receipt fades after 3-4 months and its barely legible, so better to keep a copy of it scanned.
    Well I mucked it up again today I Redeemed at foodland it was suppose to be Dec 1-14 gaaaŕah I'm going to be so happy when this is over
    Now that card of course had only 3 now has 5 I got the tortillas and chocolate for 2.99 so I will still need to do the gas one again properly this time and the herbal (I better check the date on that)
    The coffeemate wasn't the right size it was only 450g so the coupon didn't work.
    But now that card has 8 offers done I have soooo over spent on this promo

I wish thd cashiers would pull out their magnifiers on these coupons like they do manufacturers maybe I would have messed up less

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    macw1960, walkonby, maple7 and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Got my bonus miles posted today from my Sobeys shop
    - 20BAM WUS $60
    - 30BAM WUB 2 Herbal Essences
    - 20BAM WUB 3 Maple Lodge
    - 10BAM WUB Tia Rosa

+80 BAM