User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By downtowntorontogirl
  • 2 Post By downtowntorontogirl
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By johnb56789

Thread: $60 UNLIMITED CANADA WIDE & 10GB DATA! NO CATCH! BYOD! - HURRY This Wknd Only!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many cell phone providers are offering a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device, if you already have a phone you own and did not receive at $0, etc. as part of a promo offer) promotional plan offer that expires either today, tomorrow, or the next day, depending on who you talk to!!!!

Most of these deals are for new AND existing customers, there is no catch.

CALL YOUR PHONE CARRIER TO FIND OUT - supposedly this is being offered as a way to combat Freedom Mobile's low prices.

Major phone carriers offering this extremely limited time offer include:

- Koodo (which supposedly started this deal a few days ago and now other companies are matching this)
    - Fido (started to offer this 12/16/2017)
    - Virgin
    - Rogers (supposedly expires 12/18/2017) (https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wire...cwrls-11211750)
    - Bell (supposedly expires tonight at midnight (12/17/2017) - may be extended though due to demand
    - Telus (may be new customers only though)
    I may be missing one or two, but Freedom is not included.

$60/Month
    Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
    Unlimited International Text/Pic Messaging
    Voicemail
    Call Display
    3 Way Calling
    10GB Nationwide LTE Data

*Offers may expire without notice. Taxes extra.

NOTE: I have heard that this may only be available in Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario, but if you are not in those provinces it's worth the call

WAIT TIMES TO CALL IN ARE LONG SOMETIMES (1+ HOURS) - you may want to visit a phone store, I personally went to the PC Mobile Shop in Loblaws which is offering these deals as well, because they are a carrier of Bell, Rogers, Koodo, Fido, Telus, etc.

Also some of these carriers may have "live chats" on their website that you can use instead!

HURRY THESE OFFERS WON'T LAST LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some are rumoured to end tonight or in the next few days depending on the carrier
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Fido, Loblaws, Rogers (Plus), Telus, Virgin Mobile
    Ladybug2011, MillieH and misteq like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also keep in mind that cellphone unlocking charges are now against the law! You can change carriers at no additional cost to have to "unlock" your phone!

Read more info here:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/wire...date-1.4431855
    Ladybug2011 and MillieH like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My DD was on the Phone with FIDO for more than 1 hour to get this deal today for herself and sister she this this is bargain I don't. Know because I don't own a cell phone

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

that explained why i was on hold for an hour yesterday and all i wanted was to enroll in Rogers roam like home program because we're leaving on monday for 3 weeks

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    My DD was on the Phone with FIDO for more than 1 hour to get this deal today for herself and sister she this this is bargain I don't. Know because I don't own a cell phone
    I've been looking for a new mobile phone and plan for a few days, during which I've seen various plans from various companies. Basically, 10 GB for $60 is a good deal if you're going to use most of the data allowance. If not, you're paying for capacity that you won't use. It can be a good idea to have some extra capacity to account for months when you use more than average, but if, for example, your average use is 1 GB, paying for 10 GB each month is probably overkill when you can get plans with say 4 GB for ~$40 to $45.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I've been looking for a new mobile phone and plan for a few days, during which I've seen various plans from various companies. Basically, 10 GB for $60 is a good deal if you're going to use most of the data allowance. If not, you're paying for capacity that you won't use. It can be a good idea to have some extra capacity to account for months when you use more than average, but if, for example, your average use is 1 GB, paying for 10 GB each month is probably overkill when you can get plans with say 4 GB for ~$40 to $45.
    I totally agree regarding the data allowance and knowing your regular usage. I currently have $1GB/month allowance with Public Mobile, but I've noticed that with most stores having free wifi, plus usin the wifi at home and work, I rarely exceed 500MB a month. I'll change downgrading to a 500MB/month plan in February.

Currently I have:
    Unlimited Global texting (including photo text)
    Unlimited Province Wide calling
    Caller ID / VoiceMail / etc
    1GB each month (no risk of overage either)
    $35/month.

Downgrading will save me an additional $5/month.
    Last edited by mulock; Mon, Dec 18th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I know what u mean but both my girls are on their phone all the time and the were paying $56.00 for 2 GB so to them this is awesome
    Last edited by flemeth; Mon, Dec 18th, 2017 at 02:59 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I know what u mean but both my girls are on their phone all the time and the were paying $56.00 for 1GB so to them this is awesome
    It depends what they're doing on their phones. In terms of what plans fit a particular person's usage, texting "all the time" is VERY different from viewing and sending videos.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It should be noted that this offer from the competing carriers is ONLY available where Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind) is available "natively"
    And while you can roam cross-country with Freedom, you have live in an area Freedom services locally to sign up. These areas are primarily GTA, London, Kingston, and Ottawa... as well as Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.

That being said, the competitor's offers are NOT being offered outside of these servicable areas. Certainly not available in New Brunswick (I can attest to this myself) and third-hand info (via a friend) you cant do this in Nova Scotia either. The explanation was that it was locally competitive offers for those areas.

Based on this explanation from the Service Providers in NB and NS, logically I would expect that no where else in Canada is (or was) this being offered other than the above mentioned cities.

Can anyone verify if they actually received this promo from Bell? Rogers? Telus? (and/or their subsidiaries?)
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Dec 18th, 2017 at 07:17 PM.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I totally agree regarding the data allowance and knowing your regular usage. I currently have $1GB/month allowance with Public Mobile, but I've noticed that with most stores having free wifi, plus usin the wifi at home and work, I rarely exceed 500MB a month. I'll change downgrading to a 500MB/month plan in February.

Currently I have:
    Unlimited Global texting (including photo text)
    Unlimited Province Wide calling
    Caller ID / VoiceMail / etc
    1GB each month (no risk of overage either)
    $35/month.

Downgrading will save me an additional $5/month.
    Second Public Mobile. Good company overall and I was able to get in on their Fall 2016 Promo, so as of now I get;

Unlimited Province Talk
    Unlimited International Texting
    12GB of Data/90 days (4GB/month) on 4G LTE
    Call Features
    $33/month

Plan is $120/90 days - $6 Autopay - $12 Referrals - $3 Loyalty = $99/90 days
    And once I've been with them 5 years, plan will drop to $29/month, but I've still got quite a ways to go until that price!
    mulock likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I successfully switched over to Bell! (living in Toronto)

Interesting article:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/14/r...ough-best-buy/

Thread Information