• 2 Post By Thatdone
  • 4 Post By wolfwoman
  • 1 Post By Colsgirl
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Right Size on Hanger, Wrong Size Product

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate when you go to the rack find the size you're looking for and assume the product reflects what's on the hanger. I went to Walmart recently and was looking to by boxers for my son for Christmas, and of course grabbed what should have been a medium only to find out when I got home that it was a large, hanging on the wrong hanger! That really burns.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have learned to always check the size on the garment.

BTW, it is not just WM that has that problem, that happens everywhere.
    Ciel and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hanger swap is inconvenient but pretty much fact of life for discount stores. I'm surprised this is your first time.

I have bought a tee from Benetton in which the hanging paper tag says "L" but the label on the shirt is "XL". The lady at the store was so rude when I returned it. She said I should have tried it on, it doesn't matter what the label says. Long story short, they all closed down.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Same with shoes, even if they are connected together with a zip tie, always check the size of both.
    Ciel and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just realized when I went to wrap a shirt for DH from banana republic that I picked up what was indicated as large on the sticky tape thingy only to realize the shirt us actually a medium. Not impressed!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I never go by what the hanger says.....always/only check the actual label/tag on the item.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i never trust the hanger tag.. because in change rooms (lets hope underwear never went into a change room to try on.. eeww) hangers always get mixed up..and sometimes the staff just don't have time to catch it
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shopping 101. Never trust that anything is on the correct hanger or the correct rack.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Given how much time can be spent doing a return, it is better energy spent to check size tags when selecting items to try on in the fitting room. Yes, many shoppers just junk their hangers or items wherever, which trips up the well-intentioned and ready-to-buy customers in the stores.
    Too many stories about mail orders sending out wrong sizes...downside of the Internet economy when shipping or picking staff don't care to check contents against order sheets.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Same with shoes, even if they are connected together with a zip tie, always check the size of both.
    I thought it was a given to check the tag on the item but in all the pairs of shoes that I have purchased I have never had two that were actually linked together be two different sizes. I have had two in the same box that were different sizes but there were not actually linked together.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Checking sizes is just a given. Having worked retail and the fitting rooms, I can tell you that staff do their best to ensure the clothing tags and the hangers match. But people are thoughtless slobs that throw things willie-nilley. Try having worked an 8 hour day running and having to make sure everything is in its place for customers the next morning.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I found once that even the paper tag on an item of clothing and the size printed inside the clothing was different. That means the error was by the store and not just someone accidentally switching the hanger. It's great when you make a mistake and can take it back, if it's a final sale item, then it sucks!
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I was trying on jackets at Winners a week ago, both hangers had M for medium size but the jackets were a medium on one hanger and a large on the second hanger. I checked the clothing tags and remembered this thread about hangers and clothing sizes!

I did buy the large jacket on Thursday to have something for wet or cool days during the warmer months and am happy with the zipper/snap flap and of course pockets! Might have to take out the waist drawstring-it's hitting the bottom of my ribcage and is above my actual waist. Perils of being tall and buying regular size gear...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information