Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By Shirnette
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 1 Post By wendymac
  • 1 Post By coupon girl

Thread: Ended 2017 smiling thanks to my B'day Deals

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My birthday was Dec 20th and I tried to take advantage of the offers that retailers and restaurants offered despite being under the weather. First I went to Denny's and had the build your breakfast (4 items) free with the purchase of a beverage (milk) so that was $5....got a Mary Brown chicken sandwich free (loyalty member email was received) after picking up son from school and he loved it.I believe it is $6.99 normally but I can see why..soooo delicious. A customer there told me about eating free at Wok of Fame buffet..went home n Googled and it seemed true.i tried to call to see how much I'd have to pay for my 5 yo to eat but no answer. We went and they wanted me to pay $17.99 for him to eat them after talking with the manager he said he'd lower the cost to $12.99 but I took my son to get what he wanted at McDonald's then came back and had one serving of food. That pancake breakfast was very filling ,though I brought home 2 of the 4 pancakes).
    I hadnt been spending much besides bills , grocery ,son's recreational activity due to a strict budget) so i bough seversl pieces of clothing things for son's birthday (Dec 14th) and Christmas ..didn't do any boxing day shopping like I usually did in the past when I was employed. I had received a birthday mailer from Maurices for 25% off any regular priced item and 25% off purchases so I decided to go to Georgetown as Mark's was having an additional 20% off clearance and I remembered dome pieces that I had seen n liked from my previous visit about a month prior. Got some stuff at 50% off the lowest price in Carter's (for son to wear next winter) then & got some items at following at Reitmans
    free (loyalty member email was received)after picking up son from school and he loved it.I believe it is $6.99 normally but I can see why..soon delicious. A customer there told me about eating free at Wok of Fame buffet..went home n Google and it seemed true.i tried to call to see how much I'd have to pay for my 5 yo to eat but no answer. We went and they wanted me to pay $17.99 for him to eat them after talking with the manager he said he'd lower the cost to $12.99 but I took my son to get what he wanted at McDonald's then came back and had one serving of food.
    Only bought few things for son's birthday (Dec 14th) and Christmas ..didn't do any boxing day shopping like I usually did in the past when I was employed. I had received a birthday mailer from Maurices for 25% off any regular priced item and 25% off purchases at Reitmans and Payless so I decided to go to Georgetown on the 27th as Mark's was having an additional 20% off clearance and I remembered some pieces that I had seen n liked from my previous visit about a month prior. Got some stuff at 50% off the lowest price in Carter's (for son to wear next winter) then & got some items at following at Reitmans(they were having a 60% off the lowest price clearance sale❤...receipt stated I saved $36.37)
    1)petite navy printed ankle pants $4.50 (originally ticketed $49.90, clearance $14.99)
    2)pair of brown socks $1.20 (reg $3.99)
    3)v neck black n white sleeveless printed top $9.90 ( originally ticketed $36.99, clearance $32. 99)
    I continued on to Maurice(one my newest faav stores....receipt stated I saved $62.99) and bought
    1)long sleeve lace infused sexy green top $12 (reg $29)
    2)green military inspired blazer $12.50 (originally ticketed $54, clearance 49.99 + 75% off)
    3 blue and white delicate cotton top $25.50 (reg $34 + used my 25% birthday discount)..next to Marks and got a denim pants $6.25 (originally ticketed $39.99, clearance $23.88 (rang up at $14.88 ) + pants were an additional 40% off) & a LS corduroy shirt $6.91(originally ticketed $39.99,clearance 11.88 )...upon leaving the mall I stumbled upon a Payless she store.I have wanted a casual pair of slip on for a while and call me silly but the laced up Under Armour ones my hubby had bought me about a month prior was not to my liking so I had returned it...found the ideal shoes(Champion casuals)in Payless but they didn't have it in my size.She checked and Heartland Town Centre (which wasn't too far from my home) but a good drive on local road from Georgetown and they had 2...went there and the cashier took the printout that the cashier had given me so that gave me $4 off the $30 shoes, originally ticketed $49.99)+ I used the 25 % birthday discount so I only paid $22.
    I was on a high and decided to go to the local mall, BCC
    the next day ...At Forever 21 I got the following:
    1) orange ss t shirt $2.99 (clearance $5.99)
    2)LS green dress blouse $5.49 (originally ticketed $22.90, clearance $10.99)
    3)2(olive & taupe)x LS open front light weight cardigans $3.49 ea(originally ticketed $14.99, clearance $6.99)
    4) sexy cap sleeve lace infused top $5.99 (originally ticketed 24.90,clearance, $11.99). At Reitmans, the sales girl was a bit rude and jumped to tell me I couldn't use my 25%birthday discount on clearance items.I was calm and told her it only mentioned off my purchase"& even though she took my phone n read it she went to the other staff who acted like they were doing me a big favour (I still have to call the HO)..receipt stated i saved $68.55...I bought
    1) Blue blazer $18 (originally ticketed $79.90,clearance $59.99)
    2)Willow n Thread dressy tank style top $3 (originally ticketed $49.90,clearance $9.99)
    3)black n white dressy tank top $3 (originally ticketed $42.90,clearance 9.99)
    4)off the shoulder casual top $2.40 (originally ticketed $29.90,clearance $7.99)
    5)white dressy t'shirt $3 (originally ticketed $26. 90, clearance $9.99)...
    Also stopped in Sears to use the gift cards I had and bought the following(receipt stated I saved $106.19) :
    1)WAM skinny Jean's 9.99 (msrp $74,ticketed $34.97,clearance $24.99)
    2) Glutz cute cami with pom poms $3.99 (originally ticketed $14.97, clearance $9.99)
    3) Cable & Gauge green tank top with embroidery trim $6.78
    4)Baltex 1 pc swimsuit $13.99 (originally ticketed $79.99, clearance $49.99)
    5) Northpeak 3 in 1 winter jacket (for son next year) $35.99(originally ticketed $89.99)
    Last but not least, I had stopped at Penningtons en route to the mall to use the 50% birthday coupon I had received by mail..I had bought a jumpsuit but it was too big when I tried it at home so I've since returned it.i had received an additional 15% off my entire purchase as the item had some flaws but she wasn't able to bypass the register to lower the price .I had kept the black top I bought $4.25 (originally ticketed $44, clearance $8.99) & costume gold charmed bracelet $4.76 (originally ticketed $16,clearance $13.99)..
    I had also used my b'day offer from BK for a poutine & the offer from Harveys to a free classic burger......
    To say the least I am happy I spoiled myself on & for my birthday...
    This thread is currently associated with: Burger King, Forever 21, Harvey's, Mark's, Payless Shoes, Penningtons, Reitmans, Sears
    Last edited by Shirnette; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 06:55 AM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

YaY you rocked it~
    Shirnette likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Wow. I always felt a bit sorry for people whose birthday was so close to Christmas. I thought their birthday might get lost "in the noise." But you rocked it.
    Shirnette likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow awesome clothing deals you got there-way to go
    Shirnette likes this.

Thread Information