User Tag List

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Then you realize how cluttered things are or how few items you actually needed to keep. It also feels good to see the room or progress. We are currently working our way through different areas in our house. My desk needs it even more now that we threw out dh’s old desk on the weekend.
    Finding items to donate and sell...I thought I was done all this.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Finding items to donate and sell...I thought I was done all this.
    Yeah, our recycling, garbage, and shed are all being put to good use.

I had a $2 pick up today. I have two more pick ups scheduled for a total of $22.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ontario upcoming sale flyers posted. 10% off CT Gift Cards at RCSS. Time to pre-pay for my gas for the year. And one for my mom for Mother's day! $1000 in gift cards will cost $900 and I will receive $30 in PC PTS!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jan 10th, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Tweets77, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    I am not sure if I mentioned.. my youngest got her wisdom teeth out monday.. its been a rough few days.. hoping today is better.

I need to find a bit of motivation today ad just get stuff done. I am doing tonnes with my daycare kids and just am exhusted at the end of the day and getting nothing else done. sigh.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Giseledta I remember taking Dh to get his wisdom teeth removed. His wisdom teeth showed up late and were causing major problems. He had issues with bad swelling afterwards because the dentist didn’t prescribe the right post-op medication. A few days later Dh talked to a different pharmacist and took a different medication. Within hours he literally ate some sandwiches. All of my younger siblings had their wisdom teeth removed and mom was preparing special meals for quite a while. You don’t want any food to get stuck back there.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

her face is looking a bit better this am . I am hoping she is on th road to recovery ..
    Tweets77, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

In addition in addition to caring for all of my children and Daycare kids, I have managed to accomplish a few other things. I mended 6 items of kids clothes by hand. I am washing and drying all of the pillows from our bedrooms. I recently watched a video that reminded me to use tennis balls in the dryer to fluff the pillows. I also scrubbed all of the kids’ water bottles by hand. We don’t have a dishwasher, so everything is washed by hands and I recently wore out another pair of dish gloves.

Today’s lunch was taco meat, salsa, sour cream, corn chips, grated marble cheese, chocolate milk, and baby cut carrots.
    Our son will help me make lasagne after his nap.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 10th, 2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

off I went this morning to another "once upon a child" location got 16.00 for my daughter and 32.00 for my daughter-in-law ,then popped into giant tiger on the way home bought a bit of food 32.00
    -feeling a bit tired as I am waking up at 4.30-5.00 every morning
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yippee just paid my mastercard off $249.23 in full -xmas is paid off ,such a nice feeling
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -great goal to reach in January! For early rising, are you taking lemon water or celery juice to give your liver a cleanse 15-30min before breakfast?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@macw1960 -when you are on a roll or managed to get one drawer done, sometimes the mind says may as well look through that other drawer (never know when you find that thing you needed way back when and it's in there!).
    Happened to see a calendar list for 31 decluttering activities, one for every day of January, in case members feel their living spaces need one action to get the process of organization going.
    http://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/d...allenge-150574
    @Giseledta -do one thing for you after all the daycare kids are gone because a happy mom is a mom the kids will be around. If Mom does not get her own fun time, dinnertime is going to be unhappy time. Hope your daughter is feeling like eating soft foods or soup now that it's been about three days after her teeth's extractions.

This morning seemed so blah/gray-then Ms. Sunshine popped out. That meant I had to get my groceries at Longos and stop in at the LCBO (could not find a wine I'd like to try so off to pick some cider and beer singles) for the new Food & Drink magazine. I could not find a diced tomato tin with the words fire-roasted on them for the Chicken Veracruz one pan meal I want to make this weekend but I did find a jar of Castelveltrano? green olives-$7.99. I did not buy them but could someone tell me what's so special about the variety that they cost that much? I had walked around the deli area to look at all the packaged olives but in the condiment aisle I found the jarred item. Happily in seafood, an endcap had a display of New Brunswick harvested dulse-I'm going to try the seaweed with whatever fruit it was paired with for snacking as listed in the Thyroid Healing book by Anthony William.

Speaking of the book (I've read about 2/3s of it and feel a bit let down by the recipes but am intrigued about how the author explains where our aches and pains come from)--it seems most of health issues relate to having one version or another of the Epstein-Barr virus (there are several in existence according to the author, who noted that EBV research was shut down in 1964 after EBV was discovered) in us and at one of four stages (in the fourth stage, EBV gets really mean and become cancer). Seems said virus was a good one for humans until it got stronger during the Industrial Revolution and again during the era of pesticides/herbicides. So author stresses if one had mono in college, that occurrence is going to have after-effects later in life (he mentions that some college students end up dropping out of college due to the symptoms caused by EBV). The thing is that after EBV leaves the bloodstream, our medical testing does not have a way to test organs for the presence of EBV, which tends to move towards the liver and gain strength from the waste filtering done by the organ and EBV then creates its own waste. A big life event, stress, too much on one's plate and whoa, EBV flares up or acts up in an organ. Oh, the author states that aging should not hurt and it's EBV making our joints hurt, our blood pressure rise, etc. He also says when anyone feels sidelined in life due to their health, they gain empathy for others on the same journeys (and it's no one's fault that they are sick). The upside to the book is most of what passes for so called thyroid issues are not thyroid but EBV activity showing as thyroid issues. He writes even if one's thyroid is mostly surgically removed, the adrenal glands can make very similar hormones to help back up a thyroid. So it's very important to do a detox and make dietary changes to help your body support the thyroid and other organs in the body--always hope for change.

Two things came to mind while reading the selected chapters (I skipped about 5 of them including the one talking about thyroid medication): if EBV is behind all known illnesses, then it must be the switch in the theory about cancer that came out a few years ago that we all have cancer in us--it's just a matter of when the cancer switch goes on; and upon reading how calcium is used by the body to create walls or nodes to try to contain EBV in say a lymph node, I said "aha! that is what the little pea size hard bump (I call it Unikitty) on my raised lymph node is doing." Though I'll admit now I'm wondering if EBV is on the move in me, as EBV will try to move into nerves and upwards on the march to take on the thyroid and try to ruin it. My raised lymph node started to rise slowly in November and by the first week of December the hard bump developed. I feel relieved for this explanation but am wondering why that lymph node and not the one on the other side. Do I want to go to the doctor and ask for a biopsy? No way. The arrival of this library hold book came at the right one for me.
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'll read the other book chapters and post on Saturday. Yes, there is a chapter on foods and supplements to have in one's diet. EPA and DHA ought to be plant-based, not fish-based, omega-3s.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

DH came home early at 6:00 from work sick as a dog. Cold chills, stomach cramps and throwing up. Just hoping he doesn't share it with me.
    Natalka, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

macw, my husband came home from work, was hungry, and while waiting for supper to warm up in the oven, he had a sandwich. Then he started barfing. Laid down to rest, got up and had a banana, barfed that up. Laid down again, had some Ritz and fell asleep. Said he feels ok, has no fever, no cramping.... Very odd for him.

Hope yours is better soon!

...update, husband slept for an hour, comes to me, dressed, with a TaDa!!! Says he feels fine. Am making him have soup before eating anything else, just in case.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jan 10th, 2018 at 09:27 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone feels better! They say sickness/flu will hit Feb/late Feb. Yikes!!
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information