User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 2017 Financial Resolutions (post your resolutions & updates) All welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

you are doing great!!!!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget before the weekend. Groceries- Just need fresh stuff. Lots of good sales this week so happy about that.
    Credit on credit cards.
    Sunday will be meal prep/cooking day to get us ready for the week. (No take out!)
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Finally had all of last year's other money monthly sums on a page and did some calculating--if I had held off on movies or other impulse buys during Jan-Apr 2017, I could have covered my one year of bank fees, more or less.

2018 resolution-bank fee money cannot be spent, so the debit card is parked except for deposits or planned spending of tax credits (after current month's bank fee is covered). Must determine when to open a TFSA and with whom this year. No more stalling.
    Giseledta and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Finally had all of last year's other money monthly sums on a page and did some calculating--if I had held off on movies or other impulse buys during Jan-Apr 2017, I could have covered my one year of bank fees, more or less.

2018 resolution-bank fee money cannot be spent, so the debit card is parked except for deposits or planned spending of tax credits (after current month's bank fee is covered). Must determine when to open a TFSA and with whom this year. No more stalling.
    Doesn't sound like a fun life if you can't enjoy a movie or other impulse. Simplii is free banking! Why pay for bank fees.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jan 25th, 2018 at 04:27 PM.
    kiwis-mom, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

End of the month budget clean up!!

Carried over $295.42 from the grocery budget.
    Carried over $237.81 from misc. budget.

Tomorrow is payday so the following saving/paying is happening:
    $100 will be moved to Christmas account.
    $40 will be moved to Camp/Summer account.
    $ put in savings.

Need to post our crap for sale and build our Summer Fun Fund! Will be doing so for sure this weekend if not sooner.

I have $280.00 cash in my wallet. (plus some change) Will use this to stock up on groceries/household supplies so I don't have to touch my budgeted amounts. I want them to grow. We shouldn't need to much for groceries for the next week for sure (just some fruit) since I packed the fridge full on the weekend. Spent the most I had in a long time and multiples of some items. (Used change/free cash to pay so it felt free lol)

I have $500 in CT Giftcards to use for gas for the next while. I wanted to use one the other day to fill up but the price had gone up everywhere but RCSS so I filled up there and just used my credit card. No sense paying over .15 cents more a litre for gas just because I have Gift cards. They will get used in due time. So I will save my receipts and see how long they last me (and get CT $ on the card as well )

DS's birthday is this month. I am pretty much done for him
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jan 30th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday is Thursday so cleaning up the budget.
    Not much happening.
    My PC PTS are not on my proper card I can access. I can see them on my receipt so I'm not too worried. Hopefully next time I call in they can fix it. I haven't transferred my SDM points yet either because of this.

$415.42 is being carried over for grocery cash (have been using change to pay for groceries and credit on credit card)
    $287.17 is being carried over for misc.

I need to get posting our crap for sale to build our summer fun jar!!

I put $40 cash in my envelope that I am aiming for $10 a week to use to start 2019. So far so good.

Had oil change and signal light fixed on my vehicle done yesterday (thought lightbulb was burnt out nope darn animal chewed my wire. Guess with the cold spells we have something was hiding out in my garage) Oh well it is fixed now and should have nothing else till Fall/end of year till next oil change.

DS- is heading into grade 9 in Sept. and will wear a uniform. I have already bought a huge lot of as new clothing for him in December for $50. All washed and stored in bin. I need to go thru his brothers stuff and see what will fit him and then get ready to post the too small stuff. We should have a enough to start him off which is great

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just reduced one household bill by 23.00 each month (cogeco)I eliminated a program fee,credit cards always paid in full ,still able to save a bit each month as only one is working
    -just seen on news 1-in 4 seniors that are retired still have credit card debt,car payments or mortgage debt each month .so glad we don't but then again we are both good savers when it comes to money

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget today before the weekend. Paid credit card in full with about $30 credit to cover Chinese this weekend if wanted .
    Don't need much for groceries but will use cash on hand to pay for them and maybe redeem some PC PTs.
    Really need to start using up the bits of this and that in the freezer in kitchen. I think I will try and do so this week. I did cook up a full bag of perogies and a bag that had a bit in it last night and they are basically gone (oldest has some for his work dinner tonight already packed and ready to go)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just a tip for Horizon Utilities customers to look at their January bills for water consumption and treatment. I spotted one double-billing issue and another issue on my parent's bill-have to figure out how to get the utility and City Water dept to fix the issue as I'm not the accountholder. The water/wastewater bill is up over $20 from the previous one-it should not be that high.
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday was last week but was off for March break and finally getting online to sort stuff.

Paid property taxes directly to the town.
    Transferred money to savings.
    Making sure money is in account for post-dated cheques (Ball hockey and Ottawa school trip for DS)
    Credit cards paid in full.

$708 in PC PTS (I used $120 in pc pts in the past week and it was fun! Stocked us up on good groceries)

I have about $260 cash in my wallet. I will use this to get the dog groomed ($50) and for my general personal spending the next 2 weeks. (putting my budgeted fun money into savings since I have this cash)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 19th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Been awhile since I updated.

Been using PC pts to pay for groceries the past month and half. Have used approx. $300 in points. Point balance is sitting around $535 right now. Will be trying to use up stuff in the kitchen freezer the next while and only buying fresh stuff so will not touch the points for the next while. I did stock us up on some beef roasts ($3Lb) and chicken (.99LB!!). Rotated the stock and using up the older stuff 1st.

Payday this week. Will pay $ to town for property taxes.

All DS's summer sports are paid in full (ball hockey and ice hockey). Registered for the 2018/2019 hockey season and post dated cheque accounted for.

Continuing my $10 a week in envelope for 2019 start

This weekend I need to post crap for sale and build our summer fun jar! Freezing rain all weekend they are calling for so we should be staying home safe and sound anyway so a good project to get on!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Apr 16th, 2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ice storm/road closures = no spending! Sucked to be stuck at home all weekend but my bank account likes it. I had plans to do a bunch of stuff and do some wandering in the stores for the little things I wanted but glad it was a spend free weekend.
    Friday I went to the grocery store and spent $74. (Used a $50 PC GC gifted to me long ago and then $24 out of pocket) Part of that was 4 family trays of Xtra lean beef and I received 12,800 PC pts so not a bad shop. Lots of meals were made and will be made with the beef and all the fresh stuff I bought. I don't need to shop at all this week since I really stocked us up on fresh stuff. And no gas used in the car which is good too with these high gas prices. So I guess ice storms can help us be frugal
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Apr 16th, 2018 at 09:58 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just ordered a new patio door ,had to give half down on credit card now -so watching what I put on the visa the next month -haven't online shopped in a month -or like frugalbigmama posted this ice storm has kept me in -plus I have a stomach bug to boot
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the account. Transferred all money out to savings/over payment on credit cards/Gas bill and just left $200 in account for deposit on school hockey.

Girls night tonight is covered by free comps- free hotel room free dinner and breakfast. Sold concert tickets for free money.

Groceries- Will use points and cash in purse. Just a few things needed. We have freezer full of food and many veggies and fruit already to use up.

I plan on going to Mark's and Winners maybe Sunday. I have many gift cards to use up so will use if I find anything I want.

Frugal weekend!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Payday was last week but was off for March break and finally getting online to sort stuff.

Paid property taxes directly to the town.
    Transferred money to savings.
    Making sure money is in account for post-dated cheques (Ball hockey and Ottawa school trip for DS)
    Credit cards paid in full.

$708 in PC PTS (I used $120 in pc pts in the past week and it was fun! Stocked us up on good groceries)

I have about $260 cash in my wallet. I will use this to get the dog groomed ($50) and for my general personal spending the next 2 weeks. (putting my budgeted fun money into savings since I have this cash)
    i wish we could pay ours by visa and get the points! I have the funds saved for our taxes once they come out next month.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information