User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: I was a car salesman for both Ford and Toyota, ask me anything! (AMA)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I am curious, my daughters lease is coming due and there is a buy out on the car Is there a way I can try and negotiate the buy out down a bit

thanks in advance
    You can try this calculator to see if it makes sense to buy the vehicle out right.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/oca-bc/....html?lang=eng
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ConnerDave98 View Post
    which location are you working at?
    As part of my business, I deal directly with dealerships to restore the paint on their pre owned vehicles. I get to hear the inside stories on how they sell and why they sell cars to customers. it is fascinating to hear the stories.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Assuming no knowledge about individual place, any general tips on things to consider when deciding whether to have the routine maintenance on my car done at a dealer vs. a chain like Cdn Tire vs. an indie garage? And how about for repairs?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I'm guessing there's no sure-fire answer, but any tips on how to find a decent garage to deal with for maintenance? And for repairs? Should both be the same place?
    once you find a good garage, keep going as they will do some minor repairs for a better price once you have established a relationship. Also avoid garages that have fancy things like Keurig machines, fish tanks, free loaner cars,etc. as that is reflected in increase labour fees.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Assuming no knowledge about individual place, any general tips on things to consider when deciding whether to have the routine maintenance on my car done at a dealer vs. a chain like Cdn Tire vs. an indie garage? And how about for repairs?
    I avoid Canadian Tire as they will try to upsell you on tests that are not necessary as an ex bf worked there as a mechanic. Some mechanics work on commission at Canadian Tire and I also found their tires more expensive than a private tire seller. Same with dealerships, I avoid them unless I have a recall notice. I know your question is directed at the person starting the post, but as a female I have found asking friends, co-workers, family where they get their vehicles serviced is the best way to find a decent mechanic.

I have a true Canadian Tire horror story - I was having a lot of noise in my front end, it was the weekend and my mechanic was out of town, so I popped into Canadian Tire. The mechanic told me the noise was nothing and to turn up my radio! I kid you not. The following Monday I went to my mechanic and was told my wheel bearing and something else had broken off, that it was serious and I got it fixed right away. Imagine if I had listened to the idiot at Canadian Tire??

Sorry if I hijacked this post.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wanted to ask about used Ford Escapes from 2010-2012. I was told after 100,000 km that they begin a cycle of repairs, and to avoid them. I'm looking for a used truck - do you recommend RAV4 2010-2012 years? I would be getting this from the auto auction so your thoughts on Toyota, Honda and Ford. Thanks
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

we are looking at getting a new car this yr...not sure if we should get a 2018..or save some $$ by getting a 2017, just wondering if most "newer" cars are used as rentals & how do u know if they were in a accident? can the dealers hide this from you?

was thinking of honda civic Or elantra.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Why do salesmen think I only care about the colour?

I've always had a long list of preferences and have made a detailed search of which car suits me the best. I know the MPG, I know the engine size. I've researched the problems and recalls. I know how much I can afford.

Get to the dealer...."We should really ask your husband.."

Me...hands over Ouija board and walks out.(not really!)
    Newfiescreech, mulock and barbis9 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Why do salesmen think I only care about the colour?

I've always had a long list of preferences and have made a detailed search of which car suits me the best. I know the MPG, I know the engine size. I've researched the problems and recalls. I know how much I can afford.

Get to the dealer...."We should really ask your husband.."

Me...hands over Ouija board and walks out.(not really!)
    That would piss me off....mind you I use that excuse if someone is trying to pressure me into a purchase, as I have no husband. I was at a dealer recently and the salesperson insisted I read the new vehicle brochure first....I wanted to test drive a vehicle but he said he was leaving for the day and come back tomorrow.....really??? I never went back.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ford or Toyota which one has the best-built quality.
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information