User Tag List

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lots of healthy food on sale in the upcoming sale flyers posted. We really don't need much but the fresh stuff.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Oh I wish I knew what to do next. It is still a bit raw but tomorrow is another day and will have to see where this change takes me. Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to contributing more on here😊

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@kiwis-mom : Do you have newspaper delivery in your area? We have no newspaper or flyer delivery anymore as the last person was let go for not delivering the paper. It also gives you fresh air and exercise as a bonus.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Welcome kiwis-mom-sorry to hear that about your casual job ,yes it helps to read our thread may get a few tips here and there.

Just finished making banana muffins with a bit of chocolate chip in I had less than a half a cup of chipits -oh well still good

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Note to the moms on the thread, I've found some tops for DD1 at Walmart. They're listed at $1 - 2 and the original price tags say $4 - 6. It's not marked as reduced but the in-store scanners will bring up the lower price. At my store, the smaller the child, the more selection there is.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kiwis mom, being let go via email is harsh. Welcome to the thread.

Whenever we discuss changes at home my key question always is can I afford it on my salary alone. It took my Mom years (i believe it was 2 to 3 years) to get full time at her job and although it appears things have settled down and are stable that experience of having weeks where she was lucky to get 16 hours a week really made me see I have the stable job and I have to be able to cover all my own expenses and anything for our house on my salary. Luckily I have a stable and secure job which is why I base everything off my salary.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Looks like the work on the house will have to be postponed for a little bit. Not sure what I did yesterday but my back now feels worse then it did right after I fell. I think it is a combination of a few factors, I spent a good chunk of the day on my feet as I was covering our front counter and I found the high counter level chair uncomfortable so I found myself standing instead. As well when I got home I shoveled the snow which was quite heavy. Shortly after this I bent slightly to drop something into my purse and felt a twinge which only got worse as the night went on and this morning I could barely move.

Mom took my to the doctor who told me "Good news is your young so you did not break anything in the fall." I now have to rest my back but exercise by walking. I am not supposed to sit, stand, lay or walk for extended periods of time. I should be walking about 30 minutes a day but have to ease into it until the inflammation goes down.

I was walking around inside the house tonight as I do not feel steady enough on my feet to walk outside (last thing I need is to go down on snow or ice) and random steps would send that twinge of pain down my leg. I have also found when sitting I need to elevate my legs and sit with them up on the couch or the pain becomes unbearable.

Good news is I can work from home right now so I won't be missing any work. With that being said I have to be careful what I do again and see how it goes as I try to not sit for too long and get up and move but not push myself too far.

Hope everyone has a good night. Off to email my boss with what the Doc said.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @kiwis-mom: Do you have newspaper delivery in your area? We have no newspaper or flyer delivery anymore as the last person was let go for not delivering the paper. It also gives you fresh air and exercise as a bonus.
    That is something to think about. The area around where I live doesn't tend to have many available routes but it won't hurt to look into it. I am going to take a little time to think things through and decide what I want to do next.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@SassyAshley sure hope things get better for you soon.

Extreme cold warning here - gah!

Stay warm, everyone, and have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had two more potential daycare families contact me yesterday. I had a long phone conversation with one mom and she sounds very happy with the services that I offer and my rate. She has made arrangements to meet on Saturday and check out my facility.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! I can't wait for this week to be over.

Fridge is looking nice and empty!! I put a peameal roast in the slow cooker this morning. I will have DS preheat the oven if he makes it home before me and then pop in potato puffs. Will make corn and another veggie from the freezer and that is dinner! I may have eggs and toast again since I am not a fan of peameal.

Upright freezer is starting to show bare shelves. I should organize it and take inventory. At least I know I have room if I find some deals but we still have lots of meat to keep us going.

I did nothing last night so must finish off the laundry tonight and put the clean stuff away. DS has been told that he is tidying his room tonight. It is pretty clean but I just want him to keep up on it. And he has a pile of hockey cards he needs to put away in his book before they get ruined/lost. So I will remind him tonight
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela - that is fantastic!!!!!!
    Sassyashly- hugs take care of yourself.

we have snow. lots of snow. more snow coming down. I have a meeting tonight.
    I have a second person on KR .. not sure who they are.. wish I did ..lol. they are doing well. and that is always nice.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassyashley-take care
    -way to go angela great news
    I didn't sleep well last night I think I got 4 and a half hours -a lot of personal stuff going on regarding my grown kids ,oh well maybe tonight I will sleep better .Shovelled half the driveway this morning ,now I am going thru my mom's pictures (she has been gone 5 years now in march) and if nobody has come in contact with me and nobody has (cousins etc I am throwing the pictures out of other people )keeping ones with mom in them ,I cant keep bags of pictures my dear mom took too many pictures so I am trying not to in life . Supper tonight spaghetti .One way I am saving is not going out grocery shopping every week -I tend to go every 10-11 days now easy for the 2 of us.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I plan on making chili and rice for supper. I’ll use some frozen garden tomatoes and already pulled out the lean ground beef. Everyone usually enjoys my mild chili, so it’s a good healthy meal.
    I’ll make beef stroganoff with noodles and veggies later in the week.

I have a dental cleaning first thing tomorrow morning, so Dh can run the Daycare in my absence. He doesn’t start work until later in the morning. I don’t look forward to the dentist...too many bad experiences over the years. I am scheduled with a dental hygienist that I have had the last number of times. She knows her job, knows my history and medication, so I try to remind myself that it will probably be ok. I have dental coverage through dh’s work.

I’m cleaning house and revising my Daycare contract. I don’t like having my home on display. It is also difficult to get used to new children and it can also be hard on the kids. This prospective daycare parents wants a full-time spot, but doesn’t want her child here for max hours...which is good news for my family.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I shopped RCSS. I did not get points per dollar spent.......
    Only SCers using the PC Mastercard to pay for groceries likely still get the original PC points per $ spent plus any PC Optimum points for personal or in-store offers.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information