User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hot cocoa.
    warm milk... add a tablespoon or 3 of sugar depending on the amount of milk... add 1 - 2 tbsp of cocoa.... wisk.... till smooth an no lumps. .... heat till hot ...

serve.

works well with almond milk as well. I make it every morning for my daughters vegan friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    DS1 works tonight so I will get groceries then. He is too new a driver to be on the roads as the freezing rain is coming down IMO. But DH and I will both drive up and then DS can drive home after the worst is over. He has had a lot of winter driving experience with this winter we have had. I have spent nothing since last Sunday, not even a coffee. That's what happens when you are locked into all day meetings. Still working on the eat from the pantry challenge. The freezer is starting to thin out. DH is out of hot chocolate so I am going to see how to make it as I have lots of cocoa in the house.
    DH has been working on our taxes, almost ready to file and we will both get a return.
    Happy Anniversary @lizziebargain. @Angela273 I am sure I have shared the story of my dad losing his wedding band, my mom losing hers and me losing mine all at very different points in our lives. In every case I was the one to find the bands any where from 6 months to 7 years after they were lost. So i know how devistating it is, I was overjoyed when I found mine.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

In the deepfreeze, again!

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It may be a little chilly out but the sun is shining in all its glory.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes the sun is wonderful today. Wish I didn't have to work today. Perfect day for a little hike!
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m in the deep freeze with Natalka. 9am -33, -44 with the windchill. I reminded Dh to take his extra breaks to warm up at work, it’s allowed when it gets this cold.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 12th, 2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Back in the office today, well not my office got a last minute invite to a meeting today so now I am trying to quickly prepare presentations for all my topics on short notice.

It was rough getting going this morning, it takes me a lot more time to get moving in the morning right now.

I still have to figure out how to dig my car out (carpooled with Mom today, as I wasn't sure about doing a long drive as it is my right side).

I am feeling a bit of a difference today hoping it won't be too bad by the end of the day.

Well back to work. have a great day everyone, enjoying the sunshine that has come our way here.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Morning all! Hope the cold isn't get anyone down.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night’s supper was a free rotisserie chicken from Sobeys. I received the coupon in December when they ran out of rotisserie chickens. I also picked up a 4pk of bread, but was surprised by the price. $6.99 for the 4pk, that was $5.99 last week. The individual loaves are now $1.99 each, that were $1.89 each last week. One more reason to try to find a good and easy bread recipe. We have a convection oven and baking pans. I was unable to get ahold of my grabdma the last couple of times that I called to ask for her recipe. Do any of you have a good bread/bun recipe that does not use a bread machine?
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 12th, 2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I come with the Sunshine this week--last Thursday am, I was nailed by a super sneezing super weepy sinus cold (about three tissue boxes were used). Stayed home and in bed mostly. Friday early am-finally took a cold & sinus tab. 1 hour later, woke up to find myself and sheets soaked by sweat (considering I rarely drank liquids but stayed with moist or soft foods, that was quite a way to find one's water leaving her!). Had change of bedding in room, so sheets were changed and my attire too and back to bed. Friday again more sneezing but it seemed my diaphragm was holding a longer deeper sneezing upswing. Let me tell you that somehow 8 different spots got sore from all the sneezing I was doing (yes, I did consider I could also be having some wicked allergic reaction to something in my room-the down coat with fake trim). Saturday am-feeling quite ginger but having run down some food supplies, I was stable (headwise except for ongoing sinus headache and the odd nosewiping) enough to check e-mail and return some express DVDs as they had fine penalties and pick up some groceries. Found slogging by foot in 8cm snow on sidewalks very tiring so I went very slowly (despite applying magnesium gel on those sore chest and back muscles, no miracle recovery had occurred by morning so remained quite sore for yet another day). Glad I made the trek.
    Yesterday, I did another grocery run, feeling about 85% like myself and less sore. Got home just two minutes before the light rain was freezing rain. Reason I took notice-sibling had bought a snowblower two days prior but end of driveway was full of mushy snow and I wanted to clear the end of driveway by shovel so Mom's ride home would get traction on the driveway and that Mom would have better footing when she got out of the vehicle. Managed to stick it out about 5 min in the rain then popped inside. Later, did another sidewalk clearing once I finished my random veg & apple roast in the oven and finally put some safety salt down. At night, tossed more salt down when I took the trash out to the bin, because puddles and light frost were on the sidewalk and I knew the temperature was going to drop overnight. Was right!

Popped into Shoppers today for a few things-10cent pricing each on clearout candy canes (both the 25 pk cherry candy canes that are pen length and the 100 pk small canes), 50 cent box of 30 Xmas cards for December, 99 cent toothbrush (soft one to replace my oops extra firm purchase in Dec) and a marked down cranberry drink plus stamps.

I have to hike to Walmart to get the Palmolive jug while I remember plus another item I need. Feel like this week will be a run on my grocery cash. Did not use my MM Food Market coupon (it expired yesterday) given my lingering cold and inablility to justify a $35 shop in order to get the free 2lb entree while we had freezing rain yesterday. Oh well, there will be other promotions.
    Natalka, barbis9, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Eek, Saskatchewan is feeling like -44C? @Angela 273 and @Natalka -hope you both are catching glimpses of Pyeongchang sports coverage on CBC while you have to stay indoors!

Belated Happy Anniversary to @lizzie bargain and her DH! Hope you enjoyed a lovely special dish or dessert on your night out.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    About the wipes thing, yes, DH and I have been racking our brains as to how they could use so many. DH thinks they must be using them on all the kids. Our daycare is subsidized for low income families so he thinks our wipes are being used for all the kids if the parents can't afford them.

My idea is they use the wipes on DD2, then wipe down the mat, then wipe down their gloves, ... I don't know. That doesn't add up to anywhere close to seven unless it was a messy diaper change every time.

Flu/cold is going around our house again and we're in for a messy weather forecast this weekend. I don't think I've been cold free for one day this year. Thank you kidlets for coughing in Mommy's face while toothbrushing and carrying you around the house. Oh well.
    You trooper! Your dear immune system certain has its battlefronts.

Do boost your salads or veg intake and sneak some ginger or garlic (chopped/minced) into cooked things. Seems to help by day 3. I've been giving my box of salad greens lots of attention in the past four days as I basically ignored it the first week after purchase. It's been a great fridge staple to help nourish and cool me down while running a slight fever and sneaky way to hydrate without having to drink much water-anything along the 5 minutes and it's done meal ideas worked for me between sneezing and tissue use.
    I am going to have to agree with your and other members' assessment that something about the wipes usage rate is high at daycare.

When I read that you had only 24h to respond to a daycare space you were on a waitlist for yet faced a 30-day notice at present daycare, all I could think is that you must share that financial and time conundrum with your municipal, provincial and federal elected representatives.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Feb 12th, 2018 at 04:26 PM.
    barbis9, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well up early 3.30 a.m ,may try to go back to sleep ,yesterday I babysat cara for an hour and a half while daughter-in-law went to the dentist (ahhh love the smell of babies and kissing her head ,she looks at me with a tiny smile now she is almost 3 months )
    Son called on his way home form work,and they decided to stay for a nice visit so we ordered pizza as a treat for us all-gave son 3 pieces to take home for work and we had 3 pieces left over -Ashlyn liked her valentine gift I gave her kinderegg,tank top , and a fleece jacket and she looks so cute with a new shorter haircut as she hated getting her hair brushed everyday

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Such a different day to come than yesterday - we are getting a chinook, so it will get to ZERO! Wowsers!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

-15 for us here today.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are supposed to get up to -4 today, but with a wind warning.
    Tomorrow we are supposed to get up to -1, before it gets cold again on Thursday.

Our son son has a busy day today. Dh and ds are at the school’s pancake breakfast right now. The funds raised are going to our local hospital. They are also celebrating Valentine’s Day and the 100 Day Party today. Tonight is gymnastics and then possibly a Valentine’s Litteracy evening at his school, but the two things partially overlap.

I decided to take a drop-in Pre-K Daycare kid today. A little extra money.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information