User Tag List

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon-yeah got my hair cut and blowed dry today -such a lovely feeling for spring around the corner ,then popped over to daughter-in-law to get my cara fix -I got to feed her her bottle ,treated daughter-in-law to Chinese they have a lunch special around the corner from her house 8.00 each not bad for Chinese .Then off to get my prescription at rexall opp its not covered so I was able to buy over the counter and get 20% off seniors day -the cashier said to me for the second time you don't look 55 meanwhile I am 58-so nice to get a compliment (saved 4.05 on my few regular priced items at rexall) then home as hubby needs the car for work
    Natalka, Tweets77, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -love your haircut story. Hope you are feeling better after that long wait at the hospital.
    @SassyAshley -yay for having an assistant and a dedicated photo space for the product photos! You are minding what your back tells you. When you get your back close to and at normal, you will be assessing every heavy load that comes your way and say do I need to take something 20min before I lift or do I just do it quickly and not lift anything heavy for the rest of the day?

Saturday night, sibling brought home two pizzas from Domino's after he finished! Quite a surprise but much preferred over his other two fave places for pizza.
    OK, I'm not with the rain. So many downpours yesterday and a few this morning! Ms Sunshine took her sweet time to show up before noon but we needed to see some sun!
    Sunday, after my curtain quest (see First World problems in Rants), I did a can walk (80cents) and also bought a tin of tuna at Walmart. Cooked 5 packages of Kraft Dinner for lunch (and many future meals). Later in the day,knowing Monday was going to be wet, I did another can walk-9 containers plus saw two big bottles at home. Monday-read through a book on economics (very interesting to me) and ate lots of candy canes. Finished off the last three slices of coffee cake.

Cashed in my containers today ($1.30)and added 25 cents from my last 75 cents of money to get the bank fee covered. Victory! Did a quick fridge check this morning and gave the last of the celery and my spring salad mix the toss. Retrieved my Napa cabbage and washed, spun and chopped it up for the fridge. So when snackies attack in the evening, I have my crisp and crunchy food ready.
    Forgot that the mail service was operational yesterday-like some big unionized workplaces, Canada Post did not get Family Day off as their contract already has a certain amount of days off in it (ditto auto factories). If I request an auto insurance quote, I could be entered to win a BMW (pic looks to be of the 320i model, a two-door) but I recycled the promotion instead.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain -happy that you saw Toronto in milder temperatures!Hopefully no wind tunnel effects met your travels in the big city. Wonder if @Andit would know the eatery you went to?

It's been funny to see "white" steam come off the melting snow as the rain hits it today.
    Natalka, barbis9, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village has a 50% off winter clearance sale on selected items on now until Thursday. In case anyone needs winter togs replaced, this is your sale! E-mail was sent on Sunday (the day I popped into my local store and saw a similar red winter jacket in medium size for $9.99.).

Over the weekend, I was thinking how to maximize the $25 Loblaws gift card when shopping time occurs. If I were to buy a small jug of laundry detergent, it will be taxable (same with many personal care items). My toss-up will be on getting non-taxable grocery items at the same time trying to ensure there is some Canadian content in the mix. But the primary focus is getting food items that contain protein (more energy for winter).
    barbis9, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I ate the last Lindor chocolate from the box that DH bought me for Valentine's Day after supper tonight. We don't really celebrate it but he bought 1/2 price ones on the 15th for me.

I have started Spring cleaning and at this point the master bedroom is done. Two boxes of stuff ended up at the local SA. Stock room is next on the list for tomorrow.

It has done nothing but rain all day today and it seems like the sump pump has never stopped. There is lots more grass showing and the neighbor's backyard is totally flooded.

Hoping everyone had a great day!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up a box of books and toys for free from a lady on a local garage sale Facebook group. They are appropriate for about baby to Kindergarten.

I made a 1/2 batch of my aunt’s baked cheese loaf. I rarely make it, it’s expensive and high calorie. No gatherings to attend and friends have t wanted to get together, so this was my way around it.

We dropped dh’s truck off to get the basic detailing done, in hopes of finding dh’s wedding ring. If it’s not there, then there is a chance that it rolled out at our son’s school that morning when he was dropped off. Snow and a white gold wedding band.... Dh has agreed to let me post a lost advertisement, if it’s not found tomorrow.

The part to fix dh’s truck mirror is in. We need to drop it off on Friday. I don’t have any daycare kids Thursday or Friday this week. I might drop Dh off at work on Friday, that way I still have my van for the day.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

too darn tired of walking up early 2.30 did a bit of my puzzle and laundry while its cheaper -a symptom I have is walking me up -hopefully it will be gone soon,also did 2 loads of laundry and made blueberry muffins all before 6.30 a.m
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'll be on the lookout for diapers this week. Not only does the daycare go through wipes at an alarming rate, they also do for diapers. DD2 always takes her time and they rush to get the kids in the cribs around naptime or high chairs at feeding time, so I see three diaper changes in 15 minutes on her record.

When DD1 was small, we put her in cloth right up to toilet training, but with the car and car seat, I would be adjusting the seat each time and DD2 has only just begun to get in it without crying. The daycare we would like to put her in might have availability in July so I don't want to buy too much as the cost of diapers and wipes are all included in the price.

This transition to PC Optimum hasn't helped as they seem to have forgotten I buy diapers. I used to get 4000 points on PC diapers but the offers are so random now. I wish I had bought more when the offer used to be 8000 points on PC diapers and almost free! It's too bad I can't predict the future in terms of diapers sales!

Tomorrow I will be taking the car in for it's e-test.

Tax forms have all been issued, so DH just has to put a small dent in his RRSP contribution limit and we'll be waiting for that refund!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just took a peek at the new Sobeys app. 3 Day special, Fri - Sun, 75AM = $10. Too bad I just redeemed $40 in AM when I was there on Sunday. I might still use this promo since I still have some Air Miles and I don’t see a minimum redemption amount.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Iam doing the same one at foodland.
    I still have a bunch of airmiles , so that is good. and it is a low grocery money week.

chicken fet alfredo for supper. and butter tart squares being baked right now.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Morning laundry (handwashing) had to be done after breakfast. On the subject of socks, the two new pairs bought this month are pilling badly from wear in my new boots. Think I'll be lucky to get 3 months' wear from them. Have noticed a Nov pair of socks is about half-worn at the heels (want one more month of wear to end of March). Seems to be a pricey way to be in socks this winter.

Not sure what supper will be. Last night I ate a few of the discounted apple Larabars I had in the cupboard and some quantity of my Napa cabbage. This morning, I did not want the Kraft Dinner so cooked macaroni to have with butter and spices, plus ate the last Red Delicious apple (have noticed that reduced price RD apples change very quickly in the fridge while I can have reduced price Granny Smith apples stay in the fridge crisper for at least a week with no major changes).

I was on the Bay's website and could not locate those tub strips that had been labeled on the site as a Home Outfitters product but the package was Rubbermaid. Have to see if I can find my website login at home and check tomorrow what the invoice on the site said.
    This is the tape at Home Hardware I'm thinking needs to be applied to our basement steps to improve footing as the treads are wooden but have no runner or carpet on them. http://homehardware.ca/en/rec/index....tt=safety+tape

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cooking a chicken that I got for 30% off awhile back at no frills $7.00 ,mashed potatoes,steamed carrots and will make homemade soup with the bit of left overs chicken (yummy supper tonight)
    Just rolled some change have 10.00 along with the caddle check I got yesterday 20.05,so 30.05 in my pocket this week ,also wrapped my son's birthday gift next week tue feb 27th he will be 33 (I got him socks (I always buy socks year round as I get them really cheaper when I see them on clearance )2prs of levis socks 6.00 ,gap half socks 2.50 reese's peanut butter cups (his favourite)and a nice whiskey glass from indigo I got for 6.00 re 18.00 plus a bit of cash -he really wants to get a tattoo this year
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 21st, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We dropped dh’s truck off last night because it was scheduled for a cleaning today. I just received the call that it is ready to go. I asked the lady and she found his wedding ring! It was under the front console. I didn’t remember that the console is removable. Very relieved that it was found. Hopefully it didn’t cost too much to get the vehicle cleaned. I texted Dh at work to tell him the good news.

edit: It certainly cost more than I was quoted when I booked it in, but Dh is just happy to have his ring back.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Awesome news, Angela!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah you found the ring -great news angela

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information