User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I had a BOGO coupon for this recently. Couldn't find it easily, but got it finally at Sobeys I think it was.

I put one in each of our two toilets. It really looked nifty, and a week later I'm surprised that this gel is still sticking to the innards of my toilet bowl. That's some thick gel!

That may sound like a good thing, but the fact that they're not gone yet does NOT make me happy. They're very strongly scented, enough to bother even non-sensitive me.

And maybe it didn't say it would do this (to be honest I didn't read the package that closely), I thought it would help to clean the toilet. It doesn't seem to, and I don't want to use the brush for fear it washes the gel chunk away.

The basement toilet gets used far less than the upstairs one, so it's taking even longer for the gel to be gone down there. And I'm READY for it to be gone. I'm not allergic or sensitive to anything, but find the scent is just too strong!

In my basement, I use a closet not far from the bathroom to make wine. Since I put this little gel chunk into the toilet, I've felt the need to close the bathroom door down there to prevent the whole basement (and my wine!) from becoming scented. I guess if it weren't for the wine I wouldn't have that big of a problem, since there's kitty litter down there and it would cover up that stink. Besides, I'm not down there that much.

But even upstairs where it gets flushed more frequently, the smell is a bit too powerful.

My opinion - thumbs down. Too smelly and doesn't clean things, just scents them. If it were more subtle, would be a decent product!

Z
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Sobeys

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

I was thinking about this product earilier. By the way, where did your get that BOGO coupons?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Hmm, I think I got it in my Saturday newspaper, the little book of coupons that sometimes appears in there. I'm sure there's a term for that source, I just am too new to know it!

Z

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Smart Source

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yours stays for a week? I'm jealous, ours is gone in 3 days max and there's only 2 of us here.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the info I wondered how good it worked

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I have to agree with the PP. I too am not usually bothered by cleaning product scents but these are strong! My linen closet actually smells like these since this is where I store them. I really don't like the scent. Luckily I got the for pennies so I don't feel too bad about buying them. I would not pay full price for sure!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

If it had a better scent I'd probably be OK with it. But this smell fills the whole bathroom (particularly the one with the door closed), and it isn't a scent I like.

Rachel, not trying to be too descriptive but...in an effort to be environmentally friendly and conserve water, we, shall we say, selectively flush. So there's not a flush after each 'transaction' so maybe that's why it's lasting longer. Mine is still going strong! TOO strong!

Z

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, guess my nose can take alot. I find it strong at first but after Day 1 the smell is gone or almost gone. Mine last 7-10 days. I got paid 50 cents each package to buy and even bought more (again got paid 50 cents to buy them). Not sure if I would pay to buy them just for the fact, I still use my toilet brush to clean but does cut down some on the cleaning.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I agree that the smell is strong, and I dont find it a very nice smell either. I wouldnt buy these had I not have the coupons, but atleast I got to try it for a few pennies.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leftie View Post
    Wow, guess my nose can take alot. I find it strong at first but after Day 1 the smell is gone or almost gone. Mine last 7-10 days. I got paid 50 cents each package to buy and even bought more (again got paid 50 cents to buy them). Not sure if I would pay to buy them just for the fact, I still use my toilet brush to clean but does cut down some on the cleaning.
    I totally agree with this whole statement! I dont mind them at all. and a quick wipe out once aweek vs. a full scrub down, I'll take that anytime!!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    If it had a better scent I'd probably be OK with it. But this smell fills the whole bathroom (particularly the one with the door closed), and it isn't a scent I like.

ITA, if it was a nice scent then Id be cool with it.

Rachel, it may be where your putting it, if its in the back of ours the water hits it more and may only last 4 days, if I put it top front it lasts almost 10 days, also do u have a newer tank or older? Does it have a brick in it?

It might be that your toilet uses a lot of water so therefore when you flush more water is hitting the toilet gel, thus reducing the time it sticks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I like them because they make the washroom smell nice. The pine one is overpowering, but I really like the lemon scented one. We have the same thing here they last more than a week. I usually clean off what is left on the gel and then reapply a new one when I clean the washroom.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I have one of those BOGO coupon too...but haven't bought it yet!
    hmm maybe I should give it a shot

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I like them because they make the washroom smell nice. The pine one is overpowering, but I really like the lemon scented one. We have the same thing here they last more than a week. I usually clean off what is left on the gel and then reapply a new one when I clean the washroom.
    Lemon? Pine? Hey, I didn't have those options! I had a hard enough time finding them at all, and when I did, there was only one scent.

I think i could have enjoyed a lemon one. I think the one I have is called fresh scent or something?

Z

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information