User Tag List

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two weeks to go until Daylight Savings Time descends on most of the land and the annual spring crocus watch commences!
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Feb 26th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Tweets77, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you for starting the new thread.

March is the start of some new Daycare kids for me. It’s nice to not have a gap in my income.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thought I'd put a question out there to see what you all think. Do you think a company should take responsibility for an expired product? The expiry date has nothing to do with the issue. I found a *rock* - yes, an actual large dark grey rock in my raisins. I don't know what the company will say though. The bag of raisins, which I've kept frozen, expired over a year ago.

I can't believe something this size got in there. It's as big as three large raisins!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thought I'd put a question out there to see what you all think. Do you think a company should take responsibility for an expired product? The expiry date has nothing to do with the issue. I found a *rock* - yes, an actual large dark grey rock in my raisins. I don't know what the company will say though. The bag of raisins, which I've kept frozen, expired over a year ago.

I can't believe something this size got in there. It's as big as three large raisins!
    I would contact the company. Be honest and tell them you had frozen them and only now discovered the object in the package. Expiry date aside, they should know in case they need to check into production. Hopefully they will offer you a free product! Make sure you keep the product with the rock in case they want you to return it to them. Good luck and let us know what they say!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

yes contact them. I had a similar issue with Stouffers lean cuisine where I found a small silver bearing in my pasta and they sent me a replacement coupon. Companies need to know and I suspect other packages with that lot number may have had the same issue. Kiwis-mom is correct - be honest, they may ask you to either send the rock or photocopy it, and hopefully you will get a replacement coupon.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Feb 27th, 2018 at 08:45 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes sweet sparrow !! I would definitely recommend you contact the company.. if they dont know those things ... how can they try and fix those mishaps ..so this never happens again .. its sad how we fine things in our food ..we purchase from those companies..hope they take action and replaced your product.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a problem with a brand new jar of strawberry jam that I bought this week. It contained numerous whole strawberries surrounded by jelly. There is no way to spread these whole strawberries. I called the company and they are mailing replacement coupons.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes sweet sparrow -for sure I would say something still-I called last week about my pledge spray I bought maybe last year,week as it doesn't spray and they sent me a replacement cpn

-off to Costco as my daughter-in-law asked me to go with her

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It looks like March for us will be coming in like a lion. 10 - 15 cm of snow being called for later this afternoon along with cold winds. Only 1 degree out right now. Sounds like an indoor day to me other than picking up our mail as I can find enough to do in the house today. I prefer the warm weather rather than the cold and the snow.

We plan on going shopping this weekend as DH needs needs new slippers and we need a few groceries. Hoping to stop at Swiss Chalet as they have their 2 Can Dine for $15.99 special on.

Have a super first day of March everyone!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I know normally people (including myself last night) normally rant about Rogers but I want to say I was highly impressed last night. Although the first person I spoke to could not do anything for and I had to put through to the Loyalty Department (which was fine by me) the Rep I got knew her stuff and was more focused on what I needed vs what could she sell me.

She had read the previous conversations I had, had with 2 reps and her first question was I see they offered you the Popular TV package, did they explain this is a downgrade to your current service and you will be losing a number of channels? He had not explained this and made it sound aside from 1 station everything would remain the same, through my own research I realized this package would not work for us.

Next we moved on to internet where she asked if I was concerned with my current service as based on my usage the package he was trying to sell me was way more then our household would need based on our last 6 months usage. I will admit this was a concern for me as within the last year we got Netflix and use it regularly and I know it can be huge on Data. Since I was given gift cards to cover a year of Netflix I do not want to be worry we go above our Data and charged extra. She pulled all the info off the account and showed me I actually could go 3 packages down from what he had offered and I could still almost triple my usage and be safe.

Only concern with internet was speed, since I work from home at times my connectivity is important to me which she understood and was able to get her manager to upgrade me to a better package for free. I was not worried about the gb as the previous package covered us but we would have lost half our current speed. With the package she was able to upgrade us to our speed will actually increase slightly.

As well we discussed getting rid of my home phone as we only had it as when we got our last package it was actually $30/month cheaper to have a phone then to only have cable and internet. Again she completely understood and showed me both options and and by keeping my phone I am getting just over $20/month savings on my cable so really the phone is only costing us like $3/month but if I remove it bill would go up just over $20/month for 1 less service.

Then at the end of the conversation she floored me when I learned not only am I getting about 20 more channels but she was also able to include The Movie Network and HBO in this cost. All of this for about $8 more a month then I was paying before not including The Movie Network and HBO as that was adding a cost and I was going to cancel it to save money. The $8 more a month is an increase they have going through in March so there was no avoiding that even if I still had my old package.

As well even though my old package has expired she was able to back date the changes so my next bill will actually be a credit and and the new price will come into effect the following month.

All and all I was prepared to not make decision last night and had already been getting recommendations on other companies (Shaw was winning) and was prepared to start calling them tonight but when all was said and done I am extremely happy with what we got and her customer service was above and beyond what I have received in the past.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Thursday already woohoo!

I just activated the $25 Loblaws cards and put them all in my wallet We really need just fruit and veggies but the berries on at Food Basics 3 for $5 are usually hard to PM at RCSS etc so I will probably just get them at FB. Will have to take a look at the flyers and see what I will buy.
    Did lots of laundry last night and will continue tonight. Couch blankets too since they will be hung up to dry and then can be put away in the morning I washed my son's last night from his tv room and it is already folded and ready for use on the futon. Love the smell of fresh blankets.
    Not much for leftovers at all today even after cooking a peameal roast late last night. There is one piece left after the oldest ate late last night and I had put some in his work dinner for tonight. I guess from now on I need to cook 2 of them. There is one container of roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy so will give that to the youngest tonight with some pasta and veggies. Just happy to have a meal ready for the oldest to take to work.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

All mostly in February, but a LOT of great things happened!!

- Got back my midterm mark for my third year Ethics course. Was expecting maybe a 70% If I got really lucky, GOT A 91.5%!!!
    - Got back my midterm mark for a first year Management course. Was expecting a 0%, GOT A 85%!!! (No Noticable Grammar Mistakes)
    - Got back my midterm mark for another first year Management course. Was expecting a 70%, maybe a little better, GOT A 93.3%!!!
    - Looked at the Brock News and noticed that Brock is starting a FREE PARKING PILOT PROJECT!! Instead of paying almost $200 for parking in the Spring/Summer term, it will be FREE. And during the regular term (Sept-Apr), parking will be FREE after 6pm on Weekdays and FREE on Weekends (Saving me $10 any time I decide to go to campus, which will be frequent since the buses aren't great after 6pm and on weekend)

Things are really starting to look up a lot more than I was hoping, and also, I've done my finances for my final year (May 18 to Apr 19) and If I keep on track and OSAP is as expected, I will graduate with an almost $24,000 FUNDING OVERAGE (Meaning I can apply this amount back to my OSAP loans and graduate with under $7,000 in student debt!!!!!!!!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Congratulations @SassyAshley on your revised Rogers offers and pricing! Glad you got to keep the Internet speed you wanted given you have photos and lots of content to deal with plus any system issues. Super that Rogers came through for you!

Congratulations @johnb56789 on your marks and noticing that lovely parking freebie! Say, doesn't Brock U have weekend dance recitals and such going on? Mohawk College usually has two to three months' of weekend dance rentals going on at the main Fennell campus and parking is precious (it has not been free on weekends for at least 2 years plus there is less parking with the different buildings added on campus). But the campus does have weekend bus service and the HSR does come onto the campus except for one southbound bus 35-College.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rexall is getting a tad stingier on its stamp discount. The new flyer shows buy one Cdn 10pk and get 5% off the second one.
    Friday and Saturday are 100 bonus AM days if you spend $50 in store (same days as their two day specials).

Stocked up on all-purpose flour, salad dressing and a little pasta. Deliberating an afternoon bus trip for more things or maybe I'll just not go.

Had that tin of marinated three beans for supper and really liked that blend! Must remember to buy it again.
    Breakfast was after my two store trek (but I had my vitamin mix in water before I headed out) so I had several banana oatmeal raisin cookies and a mini can of Coke Life. Swept and washed the kitchen and dining room floor and did a little hand laundry. Ready for the snow.

Good weekend to make that onion bread!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had a problem with a brand new jar of strawberry jam that I bought this week. It contained numerous whole strawberries surrounded by jelly. There is no way to spread these whole strawberries. I called the company and they are mailing replacement coupons.
    Might be good for a pie or layer cake!

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information