User Tag List

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh thanks angela good I don't buy orange juice or icing and yes it is better than caddle Friday one day offer ,so gorgeous out hubby sat on the back deck in a lawn chair for a bit ,supper tonight lasagna for hubby -I cant eat it so maybe fish/rice for me
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -wish I had the app and a phone! Going to enjoy one of the bean can contents for supper tonight!

This morning I made a variation of your banana chocolate chip cookies using more banana, oil for butter and raisins instead of chips_Yummy! Roasted small squash slices, carrots and a big red onion found in fridge and chopped into wedges. Breakfast was good.
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

March will roar late tomorrow with a snowy entrance in Hamilton, Burlington-Halton and London (519 is in the zone too).
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lilo0003 -no, that store closed? Guess it was one of many that is to be closed by the end of March. If only Fortinos had that site with its Lakeshore Rd parking garage (former Loblaws site, I recall!) on Cross Ave-there'd be traffic there! I don't think Loblaws would be eager to park a delivery truck or pay for electricity to power any storage facility at GO Oakville to ensure no food spoiled during holds. Yes, you are doing well in having your DS1 working at RCSS! Super big store. It's been about two years or so since my last visit. Great big Joe Fresh section!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I finally got my February numbers entered into Excel (just added them to my 2017 spreadsheet-alas, Jan is left to do).
    So a wee tale to share-
    On my third grocery walk yesterday (after supper) to Winners and Longos, I do my diagonal walk across the parking lot and find a folded $20 bill! I did not take long to think-thrift store spree and heck with waiting for the VV sale on Monday. I bought the package of shower curtain rings (one set were the desired Sears ones but in light beige and another narrower set likely for a shower stall with smaller rod diameter(plan to pass them along to someone)), two knit tops I had not seen on Monday and a new pair of Point Zero socks! Have a little over$3 left and plan to spend it on a package of Ryvita crackers and use a coupon for it at Fortinos on my way home.

A wipe with a Lysol wet wipe made the rings ready for installation and it did my decor heart much good to see all curtain grommets supported by a matching curtain ring. I noticed my older rings needed cleaning (where'd all that dust/black grime come from?) before I bagged them for storage. The clothing got laundered last night and the tops needed a little more hanger time this morning.

Road traffic was still rather heavy after 5pm on the main road in town (due to truck accident on EB Hwy 403) but I understood from someone that once she passed the accident site via another route, she saw the Linc was clear sailing and got onto the expressway.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel Lucky finding the $20 bill!
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -great find 20.00 ,if you have a digital camera and desktop computer you can still get the checkout51 and caddle as I don't own a phone ,but I use my camera and desktop ,would it work on a laptop also I am not sure.
    Yes hubby is off on Friday as its a p/a day for the school kids ,so I guess we will be digging out ,I just went for another walk with my neighbour so 32 minutes today out in the gorgeous weather
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I know it will not happen but I would be so happy to move into spring. Part of that may be starting in a few weeks I am going to be travelling a lot and travelling in Spring/Summer/Fall is much nicer then winter. All of our branches seem to be a snow belt and get hit hard.

Currently chatting with Rogers trying to work out a new package. Our last package expired and trying to get a new one has become a bit painful. I find it so disgusting that a new customer can sign up and get a better package then they are offering me for $127.99/month but since I am an existing customer I am told the best they can do is $200/month and I will be losing at least 9 channels and 2 theme packages I currently have. I understand pricing goes up but this would be about $30/month more and I losing around 20 channels (some we do not watch so no loss) and 2 theme packages for $30/month more. So frustrating
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Received the Loblaws giftcards today. 1 for D'S that turned 18 last year which is nice.
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Update Roger's Loyalty came through. I did not tell them what I was willing to pay but they were able to upgrade my TV to the package I wanted (actually gained about 20 channels and did not lose any we watch) and manage to keep my Theme packages which I was sure we would have to give up but was okay with losing. Only downside was my internet would be less then what I have, same gb but less speed which I was concerned about when it comes to working from home. A manager came in and upgraded my internet to 200 more gb and a bit faster speed then I have now.

All and all I got more channels, including my theme packages and better internet for within a few dollars of what I was paying before which is all I wanted.

Now on to dinner, I am alone for dinner so it is clean up night. We found some sausages in the freezer that we used to buy but now Mom does not like so I am having one of these, with the leftover baked potatoes and leftover roasted veggies. Putting it all on one sheet pan and going to bake up.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -I got my loblaws gift card too today-saving it to put towards the turkey for easter

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ceil -great find 20.00 ,if you have a digital camera and desktop computer you can still get the checkout51 and caddle as I don't own a phone ,but I use my camera and desktop ,would it work on a laptop also I am not sure.
    Yes hubby is off on Friday as its a p/a day for the school kids ,so I guess we will be digging out ,I just went for another walk with my neighbour so 32 minutes today out in the gorgeous weather
    Works with laptop and camera as I have no phone either.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean. Dishwasher going. Will empty before bed. Roast in oven. Cooked up the leftover bags of oven fries and green beans. Will put in container with pork roast for D'S when he returns home from work. I have a Tupperware container with broccoli and mashed potatoes that I will add the pork roast to for DS for his work dinner tomorrow night. Laundry is on the go and I'm putting it away as I go. Feels good to get stuff done.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am still waiting on my Loblaws 25$ Giftcard and father too.I put my Tena coupons for trade if you are interested
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I stepped out to use some points offers and rebates.
    No Frills, $5.16 after redeeming $20 in Points. I earned 1,200 points on oranges and 50c back from CO51. I also sent Caddle referral links to the teller and the mom behind me in line.

Sobeys $11.24 oop, and used $14.72 in coupons. I earned 10AM from a personal offer.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information