User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: whatever happened to well.ca?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I still prefer well.ca for specialty items though the minimal for free shipping has gone up.
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I miss the days when they offered free shipping no minimum (ahh, the good ol' days)
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    FREE gift from Temu site! (similar to SHEIN)
    https://temu.com/s/FeegMPQDbwMvEI

Get cashback for online shopping!
    https://www.topcashback.com/ref/keek

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rexall purchased Well.ca in late 2017--I guess to have an online delivery platform like some of the grocery chains in Canada are offering.
    mulock, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Rexall purchased Well.ca in late 2017--I guess to have an online delivery platform like some of the grocery chains in Canada are offering.
    That would explain the $8.95 shipping fee. I remember when they first offered free shipping. Now you have to spend $35 before it's free shipping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    That would explain the $8.95 shipping fee. I remember when they first offered free shipping. Now you have to spend $35 before it's free shipping.
    OH.....that explains things. Thanks. I used to love shopping at Well.ca but no more....can't find any good deals anymore.
    Ciel and TrueNorthTreasures like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I noticed the free shipping wus $35 or more last week. I put in an order but only got an actual shipping update about two business days after the date I put in an order. Today-no update that item was sent to local store so I guess I'll see the order on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Website has many interesting things (gifts, snacks, personal care, home healthcare) but given the delay in knowing when the order ships out, I highly recommend you order things well before you think you need them. Wish I placed the order much earlier in January.
    Contrast this with an order on Staples.ca-I got an e-mail update every time the product moved between buildings or shipper! So I knew it was going from one place onto a carrier then to Staples then out to me. That was timely information.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today is the day I got to collect my parcel! Bonus $5 off wus $25 in-store coupon that is good until March 28. 2019.
    Box was too large for tote so I recycled the box.
    Large mask sample included with a card about the product.
    So it takes 5 business days for parcel to get to pickup location. Checked the tracking-the box moved from the carrier depot in Toronto yesterday and came to my local airport this morning.

I see things on sale that are on my wishlist. Patience--maybe next week, another order will be done.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I stopped ordering from them when their shipping times slowed down. Tried again the other day: I placed an order on Thursday, and it arrived the next Wednesday. That's just too long in e-commerce, especially when you are paying higher prices than a lot of their competitors or even the physical organic store. If the delay was due to cheap shipping options I'd be fine with that, but it takes them 2-3 days to even package up the box and send it out. I can't imagine that their warehouse is really that big
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Jan 27th, 2019 at 04:36 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Seems the warehouse is in Guelph, ON. That might explain the lag time for parcels getting to Purolator's Toronto sorting centre.

Location is north of hwy 401 but also by the Hanlon Parkway. Must be an industrial park zone.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got an e-mail dated yesterday from Well.ca -aside from a $10 off discount code wus $75 on an order (which means it gets free shipping), there was a survey link and at the end one can enter to win one of five $50 Well.ca gift cards. Talk about motivation-I placed an order and did the survey too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$35 isn't that bad as a minimum before free shipping. It costs about $10 to ship a small package so I understand that they can't do it for free.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

E-mail from Well.ca indicates that the downtown Toronto pharmacy offers free prescription delivery-just have to check your postal code to see if your address is in their zone.
    https://well.ca/pharmacy-welcome?tst...t=splitfooter1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are their prices competitive?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@whatsavings? I'd say not really competitive BUT the website carries a selection of organic food and personal care products, some brand names in different departments and each week, there are different promotions if you sign up for the newsletter (you also get trend videos on gifts, cosmetics and such each season).

I ordered things twice due to need for something only they seemed to stock and to get some novelty items (I found out I did not like one seaweed snack after I bought it to try). Good way to try the service. Just allow one week to elapse between your order date to actual pickup date e-mail.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Be Well loyalty card members can now link their Be Well accounts to their Well.ca accounts and get points as of March 29, 2021! Coming Soon Be Well | Well.ca - Canada's online health, beauty, and skin care store Free Shipping

Today's Well e-mail-I just took a glance through it and noticed coloured beeswax candles. Went to website and found many more beeswax candle products included the much sought 6" tapers I was certain SOMEONE was making (but obviously not sold at stores or farmers markets). Putting the items on my wish list. Pity I let a 10% discount offer lapse this week but there will be a next order in near future.

I've only been on a quest for 6" beeswax candles for 2 plus years. Funny how I never noticed this before in my two years of using Well.ca!
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Mar 18th, 2021 at 05:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information