User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Bell Fibe

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I noticed several of my channels disappeared. I called Bell and was told the channels were moved to a higher tier of channels. That's fine but my price did not go down. It is a very sneaky way to raise prices because they told me my price did not change - I guess taking away channels is not considered a price increase.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Guess
    barbis9 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bell is a dirty, dirty company. The least they should have done was to send out a notification that changes were being made. We dumped them a few years ago for Cogeco for internet and telephone. For TV, we've been with Shaw for almost 20 years in Ontario, and even longer before that in BC. Never had even a minor complaint with them.
    barbis9 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I called Bell yesterday and they did not seem to care so I cancelled all my services with them (phone, tv and internet) for May 4/18. It gives me 2 weeks to find another provider for my internet (don't care if I lose my home phone number even though I have had it for over 20 years and a few moves) and will look at IPTV options.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmontgom View Post
    I noticed several of my channels disappeared. I called Bell and was told the channels were moved to a higher tier of channels. That's fine but my price did not go down. It is a very sneaky way to raise prices because they told me my price did not change - I guess taking away channels is not considered a price increase.
    Discussions on Twitter w Ellen Roseman about this.

Got rid of my TV plans years ago. Only have Fibe internet now and very happy with that. Prices go up once a year. I can live with it. Even looking to increase to 100Mbps plan. Already have unlimited internet which is good since I stream so much telly these days.

As for Fibe TV - never had it - had a satellite dish and they played the same games on channels and packages ... have not looked back since cutting the TV cord ... I can get all I need including US stations and UK stations elsewhere
    barbis9, DaveP and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

We had channels disappear too, on Friday. Tried to call, but couldn't get through. The weird thing though is that normally when we look at the full guide (not My Favorites) all the channels appear, including the ones that we don't have but that are only in the higher end package. Those channels that disappeared aren't showing up on the guide at all. Not happy if it's because they have moved packages, cause we watch those channels a lot.
    barbis9 and Shwa Girl like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The channels were moved to the best package. I spoke to Bell again today to ask why I am not getting a lower price since I lost channels and they keep repeating that the price did not go up but I can get t4he channels back by paying more (I refused). I checked the Bell Fibe TV packages online and the channels are still listed under the better package but Bell said that they will be removing them from the website soon. Since they knew this was coming last month I don't understand how they cannot update their website properly. Anyone who goes to sing up right now will think they are getting these channels.
    barbis9, GoJays, DaveP and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Parents are still with Bell. They have a "locked in price" of $99/mo for Gigabit Internet, Home Phone, and I think mid-tier TV. Keep telling my father to keep his eye on the price to make sure they don't try any funny business, now this! A sneaky way to "increase" the price if you want to keep the channels you use to get!!! This is why when I eventually get my own place, NO BELL, NO ROGERS! (At least nothing direct from them), will probably get Virgin or Fido Internet and that's it, no TV (Aside from Netflix and maybe an antenna) and my cell phone as a home phone!
    barbis9 and DaveP like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got my Bell bill and the price did go up $8+tax. How is that not a price increase???

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

sorry i posted this in wrong forum & i thought i could delete it....can i delete my own posts??
    Last edited by Linda Evans; Tue, Apr 24th, 2018 at 03:28 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post

sorry i posted this in wrong forum & i thought i could delete it....can i delete my own posts??
    On some forums we can, let me check.

Edit: apparently not. Some forums have 'advanced options' that include a delete option when you hit edit but I don't see that here.
    Last edited by DaveP; Tue, Apr 24th, 2018 at 07:24 PM.
    barbis9 and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, we lost channels last week too, not right. I am not paying more for the best package. We will just watch more Netflix.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bell is evil. Nothing new. Always trying to gouge you for a little more. Streaming is taking over these guys anyway. Rogers/Bell cable will be dust toon.

$200+ bills are outrageous.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bell just keeps getting worse. My wife called them to ask a couple of questions. She discovered that the cancellation request was never processed, then gentleman she spoke to in retentions asked what I do for a living. When she said I work in IT he became rude and said I should be able to fix the problems we are experiencing (my games online and has constant lag, our home phone keeps cutting out so we cannot hear people but they can hear us). She canceled again for May 15/18 (end of our billing cycle). I called Bell back wanting to speak to a manger to let them know their customer rep was rude and to my surprise the cancellation request was not processed. How the hell do you cancel Bell?????

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Toronto man took Bell to court and won http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell...ract-1.4635118
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's interesting that you lost channels with Bell. I was going to sign up with them but changed my mind as too many horror stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information