User Tag List

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had to writthe to a mik compagny because the milk purchased last week smelled gross before the peremption date.They requested all the infos but they dont seems to send remplacement coupons....I paid 5,99$ for this milk so frustrating...I will change my brand
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh has a meeting out of town tonight, so I’ll need to have something ready for him to eat when he stops home from work. Tonight’s supper plan is cheddar perogies, sour cream, sausages, steamed cauliflower, and fresh watermelon.

Someone was supposed to look at baby clothes this morning, but messaged me to cancel. She has rescheduled for Friday. I plan on putting all these boxes back in the shed on the weekend.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have always just returned it to the store and was given a replacement as this usually means the store mishandled the product at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I had to writthe to a mik compagny because the milk purchased last week smelled gross before the peremption date.They requested all the infos but they dont seems to send remplacement coupons....I paid 5,99$ for this milk so frustrating...I will change my brand
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have always just returned it to the store and was given a replacement as this usually means the store mishandled the product at some point.
    I had trow it up away in the sink, it was so gross.I was not aware of that.After 2 e-mail the compagny is sending remplacements coupons at least

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi : Got a good deal on st-hubert lorraine quiches.They are regularly 8,99$ this week special 5,49$ today they where 4,49$ minus 30% because they expire today.I purchased 4.I eaten 1 and will froze the others ones
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Apr 18th, 2018 at 02:00 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also saw peelie on fb french couponning group for 2$ off those quiche,will go into my wish list
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS to get out for a bit. Bought bananas, gala apples (PM'd FB .88LB) yogurt.

Topped up the gas tank with gas since the price is down still. I am switching cars with my mom tomorrow till I get my winter tires off on Monday so I will start the week off with a full tank. She is unable to drive right now so will make sure hers has gas but we aren't too worried about keep it full. Just need to give her new car a good drive since it had been sitting all winter and then was only driven for 30 mins a month and half ago.

Spring Cleaning- Read the Walmart magazine and one of the tips is to clean out your wallet/purse etc. I totally agree with this. Good to keep it clean and count your cash on hand. I have started doing this weekly, usually on Wednesdays the day before the new flyers start. I have a bag that I keep my flyers, coupons and list in so it needs to be cleaned out weekly so I am ready for the new sales. I found $10 in one of my wallets so I put it in my Jan 2019 envelope that I am collecting cash in. I will appreciate it next year!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes sweetsparrow that was a doozy what I had -3 days of going nowhere and running to the ladies room and not eating much (lost 2 pounds)
    today popped out to get my prescription meds and found a few good deals at rexall
    (1) skinfix for ezema 8-marked down to 4.34 for my daughter-in-law and Ashlyn (they are discountining items)
    (1) timmies coffee in a bag 7.99-4.00 manager sticker=3.99 expires end of april
    (1) pkg of secret 2pair thick winter socks 4.47=2.24 each

then popped into sobeys on way home as its its just down the street and I don't want to waste gas -spent 40.02 and got 33 airmiles and treated myself to one lemon Danish -yummm with a tea
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yes sweetsparrow that was a doozy what I had -3 days of going nowhere and running to the ladies room and not eating much (lost 2 pounds)
    today popped out to get my prescription meds and found a few good deals at rexall
    (1) skinfix for ezema 8-marked down to 4.34 for my daughter-in-law and Ashlyn (they are discountining items)
    (1) timmies coffee in a bag 7.99-4.00 manager sticker=3.99 expires end of april
    (1) pkg of secret 2pair thick winter socks 4.47=2.24 each

then popped into sobeys on way home as its its just down the street and I don't want to waste gas -spent 40.02 and got 33 airmiles and treated myself to one lemon Danish -yummm with a tea
    I remember years ago when gas increased and many people changed the way they shopped/running around etc I remember not bothering to go to garage sales that summer since it seemed wasteful It is a social thing for me (my bestie that is not a morning person so when she says she iswaking up at 630 AM to go to garage sales!! I'm on that lol. Now with the threat of high gas prices this summer I am really thinking about our summer plans and driving etc. For sure think I will bike to work. Totally can now that the youngest is older and no worries with him being home alone and I don't have to go home at lunch. So that is one way I can get exercise in my day and save $$$$ on gas.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Apr 18th, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Popping in for a hello. I of course read a few pages back to see what everyone was up to. Congrats on the new pup @saundyl, beautiful!

Spoke with @sweet sparrow via text last week. It was timely because I had been thinking of you all, especially @Angela273. Last week I was interviewing for home daycare as I will be back to work full-time in September. I interviewed with 4 over the computer and met 2 of those in person.

It was very stressful process, but I think the provider (and mother of my daughter's peers at school) and our family will be a good fit for one another. She is more of a mom that opens her home and family than a home daycare. She met with me just days before going in for major surgery and shared with me all the plans she put in place for her 6 weeks of recovery for her "extended family members." I was impressed with her natural hospitality and reliability. Since I teach and care for children myself, my work isn't flexible and I have to be there for my students. She had the same attitude.

My older two are able to walk to her place for after care, on the day we need, once a week too. Our care schedule literally looks like a game of Tetris with mom and dad, both grandparents, preschool and now home daycare two days a week. Preschool is a morning drop off program once a week. My youngest does this with my husband on his day off. It is more school readiness than child care. We have aftercare for Fri evenings left to coordinate (maybe a Grade 8 student on their bus?) as well as back up plans/care on call for non-emergencies (I had to pick up my middle from school with a sore tummy today).
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Apr 18th, 2018 at 05:44 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Granger... you are in Ontario right.. please... please make sure you are current on the rules for home childcare. As someone who does home childcare in Ontario I am well aware of how confusing it can be.

I took the DC kids to the Library today. I am really not fond of the lady running the early years program. I will leave it there. I am looking forward to when it is sunny out and we will head to the park more . Next week should be nice.

currently my youngest is making cheesecake in the kitchen with a friend. Hubby has taken my parents to the accountant. I am chilling in my bedroom with one of the puppies.. the other is guarding my kitchen.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I don't know if you have the option, but gas tends to drop in the evenings by about $0.10/L. I pop out at 11 PM and there are no lineups, but it is proper cold and icy out there!

Are you talking about lawn mowers? You actually have grass to mow?
    Popped out to nab $1.21 /litre gas (only 3.5litres mind you-a car driver thought I need a full can for a car out of gas and I quickly assured that it was not the case) for Friday or Saturday mowing. The front bumpy lawn has some long grass sections and dead grass but I'd rather cut this weekend so when the warmer and sunnier next week comes around, I can think flowers and garden veggie seeds (radishes/lettuces/carrots/herbs) instead.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am frustrated.I waited and put coupons on hold for 8 days for making a trade with a sc member and she said no....by the time I had miss others trades offers.....
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Granger... you are in Ontario right.. please... please make sure you are current on the rules for home childcare. As someone who does home childcare in Ontario I am well aware of how confusing it can be.
    Oh please don't read too much into my post. She follows daycare guidelines and receipts! I was more describing her style than her standard of care. It was a stressful process because there was so much information for me to learn and questions to ask. She is also not a stranger, I have been to her home several times over the course of the years. She will be far better off in this care than she will be in a crammed kindergarten classroom in a year's time. Many providers I spoke to keep their daycare space a separate entity to their family. She does not. I want my daughter safe with someone I trust. I found that. Thank you though for your concern, I read a few articles as to why guidelines were tightened. Unfortunately, licensed spaces are very hard to come by in our area for day care and after care. Since I am rural, I cannot rely on neighbours.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -sorry to hear of the troubles with coupon trades. Glad the coupons arrived! I was able to confirm what @Greent ire4me said about IAMS perfect portions-my new Pet Smart store carries them. Good to know for the future FPCs for cat food. I really like your St. Hubert sale deals!
    @coupon girl -Value Village will have a 50% off clothing, shoes, accessories and bed & bath sale on Monday April 30 (for everyone; club members likely get Sunday April 29 as a preview sale). The Fennell store (have not been in there in a few years) was busy in all departments. Could not find any sewing patterns but did see notions. Looked at light jackets, housewares (the bagged items), hosiery & scarves and some women's pants (nothing for me in 11/12 but 13/14 was being looked over by another customer). At least I scratched that store location itch. I'd like to be in Burlington and Waterdown for the month end sale unless my local store has some new finds (I checked yesterday and one pair of pants was a maybe).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information