User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: Official Trade Rates 2014 - v2

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Hi all I am wondering are the McCormick save $5WUB2 consider HV or FPC or a regular coupon for trading. TIA. I was trading for them previously like regular coupons and a some traders were very generous and was not even trading them at face value.
    While I'm only an occasional trader, IMO, this coupon isn't conducive to setting a trading guideline because the value can vary significantly depending on how an individual is or isn't able to use them.

In my case, they'd have minimal or no value for me to take them in a trade. I have some, but even if I didn't, I've only been able to use one coupon, and the store would only treat it as an FPC (no overage). And since I seldom use any sauce mixes, even if I could easily use the coupons like FPCs, I'd basically be trading in order to give the packets to family, friends and the food bank. I do those things, but the idea of trading for things I know I'm going to give and donate isn't particularly appealing.

If I did or would use the sauces, the value I'd put on each coupon would depend on the amount I'd save compared to how much I'd normally pay, plus overage if any. This would apply to as many coupons as I'd use to reach the point where I'd be fully stocked up. So for those coupons I'd use to get packets for personal use, each coupon's value would be the full $5. Beyond that though, the value would drop because I'd be giving or donating the additional products. So, if my maximum stock-up is 20, I'd put a value of $5 each on the first 10 coupons, but a lower value on any additional ones.

If I were able to get say $2 overage per coupon, their value to me would be $2 each even if I valued the packets at $0 because they would be for giving or donating. So, while I would expect to come out ahead by enough to justify trading in the first place, I'd have no qualms offering a decent portion of the $2, including out of pocket via gift cards or stamps as long as I'd still come out reasonably ahead.

So in summary, it doesn't look very feasible to look for a trading guideline when, depending on a person's specific situation, the value per coupon can be anywhere from $0 to $5, and every coupon won't necessarily carry the same value even to the same person.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Hi all I am wondering are the McCormick save $5WUB2 consider HV or FPC or a regular coupon for trading. TIA. I was trading for them previously like regular coupons and a some traders were very generous and was not even trading them at face value.
    They are a regular tearpad IMO and should be traded as such.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks everyone .

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Yes regular as I gave some away and used mine on spices no freebie for me

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

What will be the amount of the giftcard for 4 fpcs purina proplan 22$?Thank you for your responses!!! First time trading for giftcard .
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I found my response thank you @flemeth

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    What will be the amount of the giftcard for 4 fpcs purina proplan 22$?Thank you for your responses!!! First time trading for giftcard .
    I see your question was answered, and I know what the "official" trade rate is, but it still seems to me the value of the FPC isn't a fixed amount for everyone. In my area for example, the regular price for Proplan is about $18, not the stated max. of $22, so the full face value of the FPC is the former, not the latter.
    Tweets77 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I know I already made the trade but I still want your points of view.IS that a fair trade 2x10$ olymel,1x5$ olymel and 1x,4,00$ Chapmans coupons (value of 29$) she was asking 10 so fresh fpc(value of 4,00$) each for that(a 40$ value"!!!!!) I would had like 2 more chapmans coupons at least.She said she will never paid full price for the so fresh and value them at 2,99$ ....why.......I dont want to paid full price me too.and I am not asking to lower the value of the coupons.I could get olymel for 6,99$......Thank you for you advises and no I will never trade again with this person never........

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The 'value' of HV and FPC would be what SCers would pay for the product considering cents off coupons they would usually use and sale prices NOT max value on coupon or how expensive you can find it for to prove value.
    What constitutes a Free Product Coupon (FPC)
    : FPCs should be only those coupons that are completely free. HV coupons which allow you to get something free on the occasions it goes on sale that low are not FPCs (the sale may not come up before expiry, it includes tax etc)
    What constitutes a High Value coupon (HV)
    : HV coupons are those where you can get the product free on a great sale or 75% off the regular price. Users may also consider very rare/hard to get coupons as HV (like the $1 valid on Heinz Ketchup for example).

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I know I already made the trade but I still want your points of view.IS that a fair trade 2x10$ olymel,1x5$ olymel and 1x,4,00$ Chapmans coupons (value of 29$) she was asking 10 so fresh fpc(value of 4,00$) each for that(a 40$ value"!!!!!) I would had like 2 more chapmans coupons at least.She said she will never paid full price for the so fresh and value them at 2,99$ ....why.......I dont want to paid full price me too.and I am not asking to lower the value of the coupons.I could get olymel for 6,99$......Thank you for you advises and no I will never trade again with this person never........
    Then you shouldve said you value the olymel at 6.99 because thats what you value them at. Its up to yourself to stick up for your end of the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I said that but she is sticking to their offer,

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I said that but she is sticking to their offer,

Well you cant change that thats their choice . Theres a guideline which is fair but doesnt mean everyone will follow it. If someone starts making a unfair trade i just dont trade with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I learned my lesson .I will not trade with her again and i hope nobody does because she is unfair

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Not sure about the Olymel coupons but the Chapman $4 is worth $4. And a FPC for a product you can buy for $2.99 is worth $2.99. I think they are 2 different type of coupons.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Not sure about the Olymel coupons but the Chapman $4 is worth $4. And a FPC for a product you can buy for $2.99 is worth $2.99. I think they are 2 different type of coupons.
    Thank you for your point of view.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information