User Tag List

Page 176 of 197 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    I hate dealing with banks....especially the RBC. last wk i cashed in 3 rolls of toonies, went to canada trust, no problem, didnt even need to show them my debit card, in & out in 2 minutes.

today i cashed in 3 rolls of loonies at the RBC...they asked for my card...fine. then she looks at my account on-line & says oh u have a good balance, you know you'd make more interest if u open a tax free savings account?.... i said, no thanks we are saving for a car & will probably buy it SOON. are ya sure? yup...you know u are eligable for a line of credit too? no thanks...not interested. & then she stares at the screen for 2 minutes! WTH is she looking at??

OMG! I hate pushy people & this happens EVERY time im at RBC. I had to block thier number, but now they are emailing me....
    %$#@^!
    Tell your RBC branch to put a note on your file about no sales and to not call you and/or email you with offers. I had the same issue with TD where they would try to upsell me services - a note was put on my file and it stopped.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, May 26th, 2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Tweets77, bhlombardy, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Tell your RBC branch to put a note on your file about no sales and to not call you and/or email you with offers. I had the same issue with TD where they were try to upsell me services - a note was put on my file and it stopped.
    I agree 100% with this. I'm an RBC customer and have been for close to 30 years. For some reason at one point they started to call me once every couple/few months to evaluate if the account type I was enrolled in was ideal for my usage. As if they (nor I) couldnt tell because of the lack of additional service/transaction fees. Regardless, they'd ask me 8-12 questions, and ultimately determine that the account type I had chosen WAS the best one for me. (DUH!)-- I know when i"m being over-charged service fees, or what not myself... and know enough when it's time to change plans myself. I told the guy essentially that once (it went basically like this: )

ME: "I'll go through this, one more time... but If you can confirm this IS the right plan for me, can you guys stop calling me? I know enough to consult with someone if I feel my habits or needs change."
    HIM: "Deal..."
    so we did the eval. again... and yup, right plan for my habits.
    HIM: "OK, I'll put a flag on your account to not contact you for sales calls or evaluations."

Done. It's been ~20 years since that call, and I've never heard a peep from RBC. Only once or twice maybe when they thought my card was being used fraudulently. AND the flag must be universal because they dont ever bug me at the teller either (the 4 times I've been in the past 5 years, anyway).
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Sep 26th, 2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typos
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My work stuff financially is through RBC and I am on their do not call list after having issues with them calling constantly but ever since they put me on the do not call list I have had no issues. I rarely go into branch but even when I do, they no longer try to sell me anything. I find the only thing is to make sure they put a note on the account. I have a note on my account my investments are with Dominion Security (a part of RBC but most do not look there for investments) and all investments will go through Dominion Security so they have stopped trying to sell me investments.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    I hate dealing with banks....especially the RBC. last wk i cashed in 3 rolls of toonies, went to canada trust, no problem, didnt even need to show them my debit card, in & out in 2 minutes.

today i cashed in 3 rolls of loonies at the RBC...they asked for my card...fine. then she looks at my account on-line & says oh u have a good balance, you know you'd make more interest if u open a tax free savings account?.... i said, no thanks we are saving for a car & will probably buy it SOON. are ya sure? yup...you know u are eligable for a line of credit too? no thanks...not interested. & then she stares at the screen for 2 minutes! WTH is she looking at??

OMG! I hate pushy people & this happens EVERY time im at RBC. I had to block thier number, but now they are emailing me....
    %$#@^!

i hate when that happens.. they treat you as meh when you come in, they scan your card and and do a double take..realize that you have money in the account and their whole demeanor changes then start making all sorts of offers..
    Last edited by Midnightly; Sat, May 26th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I work in a bank and you have no idea how much pressure we get from above to try to "sell" you products.
    Ciel, GoJays, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

when people try to start idle chatter in a thread not meant for idle chatter.. I check out certain threads for certain things, I don't want to scroll through a bunch of fluff just to find the information that I'm looking for... if you want to chat, use a discussion thread, that's what they're there for..
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

...when you have to wait one more week before you get your freedom back............Koolaid wall smashing coming soon.......
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    ...when you have to wait one more week before you get your freedom back............Koolaid wall smashing coming soon.......
    Welcome back!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When your sibling orders an appliance, he gives word this week that delivery is for Saturday and same family member is supposed to disconnect old appliance and turn off gas but has not. Said family member did not do the deed yesterday (full day off somewhere) and he took off this morning. I call him on his cell at about 11:30am today to rant about his absence and he cut me off. But he came home 5min later. It did not occur to him that despite a stated delivery time, maybe the delivery team might arrive before he expects and is not ready for the drop off/old appliance removal. It's hot and humid and either traffic or faster deliveries could bring the truck earlier to the house today as maybe the delivery crew could have a reason to finish early on a long weekend.

I did some moving of things last night to create more room by the stairs and vacuumed around the old dryer.

I simply don't like "time chicken aka procrastination" when things can be done ahead so one activity does not hold up the rest of the household or day.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

A mentally disturbed woodpecker thinks my house is the world's largest tree. I have to keep going outside to chase him off.
    Ciel, walkonby and nicolthepickle like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    A mentally disturbed woodpecker thinks my house is the world's largest tree. I have to keep going outside to chase him off.

Did he happen to look like this??

Attachment 344872

If so, I think I saw that episode.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Sep 24th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Poirot, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i go to SDM at noon to take advantage of halloween deals....shelves totally EMPTY! why am i not surprised?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

When other people dictates how you should spend your money.
    Good for you if it works for you.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Wed, May 8th, 2019 at 11:43 AM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    When other people dictates how you should spend your money.
    Good for you if it works for you.
    yup and yup
    couponmummy likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

when your neighbour is cleaning up their backyard and throws branches over in to your back yard
    and this neighbour wonders why the other neighbours have stopped talking to this neighbour for the many, many instances of unneighbourly behaviour
    the poor kids... they never had a chance
    Happy Victoria Day weekend SCs!
    Ciel likes this.

Page 176 of 197 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 ... LastLast

Thread Information