User Tag List

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It looks like Pamper 16ct box of wipes will be on sale next week for $19.97. I have the receipt and an unopened box of these wipes, so I plan on taking it to customer service to get my $5 refund. Our little girl is doing ok with potty training. I will wait for now, but I’ll probably be able to return some Pampers Pull-Ups for a full refund for the ones I bought in May. She needs to work on being more independent, but she will often go when I get her to sit on the potty. Sometimes she asks for help, which is a good thing. Twin boy is basically potty trained. It is very rare for him to have an accident. They both wear a pull-up for nap and a diaper for night time. They are dry about 60% of the time when they wake up.
    That's awesome. What a money saver that will be for you!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got a great mail day!!!! 4 enveloppes of manufacturer coupons including solo mioo yes (2x5$ coupons) for the upcoming iga 2 for 1 on big plate deal.Will add this compagny to my annual e-mailing -telephone to do.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yesterday, I took a trip to Toys R Us without any little ones in tow so I could do some real shopping. Trying to shop in TRU with small children is like trying to do a scavenger hunt for salad ingredients at Disneyworld. There are way too many distractions. I was trying to spend as close to $5 as possible. I found Uno Minions for $3.98, and two Frozen plastic cups for $0.58 each. The total came to $0.14 because the $5 credit included the tax somehow. I paid a total of $0.16 for the items to put away for a future birthday or Christmas. Or more gifts to give away at the next birthday party. Whichever.

My main reason was to pick up a piece of Lego that I'd missed at the last event. I think I picked up a triangular pyramid piece instead of a flat square piece. These new lego pieces are so tiny compared to the big bricks I played with as a child. Some kind worker said there was a small bag of pieces left over and I could have them all! Nice! And I did find the piece that I was missing. All the pretty coloured pieces had been taken but this bag was SO appreciated because DD1 can now complete her model! Crisis averted...

@lizziebargain: Thank you. I kept DD1 in cloth as long as I could, including sending them to daycare until she turned 2 and she moved to a daycare that included them in the cost. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take advantage of the free diapers and wipes as I toilet trained her as soon as she got used to the new people. I think I used cloth on DD2 until spring, but then eating solids put me off all the scrubbing, and we try to get outside a lot more with DD1, so I may only have one or two when the load of laundry needs to go in. I guess it's time to get rid of them to the next family!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

kudos to you sweet sparrow -I used cloth diapers many years ago but then again I was at home for 7 years -didn't go to work til son was in pre -kindergarden

angela -way to go on the toilet training on the twins

-popped over to Canadian tire to buy hubby a half obus -form on sale 27.99 as he borrowed son-in-laws ,then popped into a new mastermind store so much to look at spent an hour in there -fun stuff

-supper pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes ,corn then off to the show at 5.50 I go with daughter-in-law to see"book club" cant wait to have a laugh tonight-I have free Cineplex tickets from last year so I am treating her

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

As I have said before being busy is the frugalist tool out there, I have spent no money since Sunday. Doubtful I will spend before Saturday. That is because work is crazy and work pays my transit costs and the coffee is good enough when there is no time for a break. DH pulled a lasagna from the freezer for dinner. Typically this time of year I would never cook inside buts it's cool so this was easy. Laundry will go on the line Thursday (DH will do it) since it's supposed to be a bit warmer and it's leftovers for all for dinner. Almost to the weekend, please tell me it's so.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up a few FREE things from people who posted on Facebook today. There are some dressup clothes and some home repair stuff. we waited until after soccer to pick it up and save some gas.

I finished selling our $75 in soccer raffle tickets. The coach was impressed but skeptical. He said they bought the tickets for their daughter, they didn’t actually sell any.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:54 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-loved the movie last night "book club" daughter-in-law and one other girl were the only young ones there -it was all women in their 50-60;s the show was free for both of us (thanks to a promo last year from shoppers)I took chocolate and my water (daughter-in-law bought a popcorn(7.00)I refuse to pay that price but at least she got 10% off with my scene card and a pop )it was enjoyable to get out

-I gave her swimmers from Sebastian for baby cara a bunch too and a new baby yellow sweater my dear mom made its tiny but very soft for her friend that had a small baby boy a month early

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Same temperature as yesterday but with a little bit more sun.Only 1 day until the week end,I cannot wait!!!! I have good pc offers but I know I will have to chat for one of my offer who never enter...seems normal now...Wishing everyone an awesome day!!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

free boxes of special k Protein Cereal on save.ca(hopefully next week we will have another offer for another free boxe!)
    https://www.save.ca/coupons

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was thinking about going to NF last night. I ultimately didn’t go and now I’m kicking myself because I forgot to carry over 4 offers to next week. The good thing is that I have some decent low value offers and a new one for Jane’s products. I also have an offer to spend $75 get 7,500 in Points. It says it expires in 2 days time. Does that mean it expires on Saturday? I always find it unclear. The regular offers say expire in 6 days, so I think I’ll be going shopping on Saturday.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I also have an offer to spend $75 get 7,500 in Points. It says it expires in 2 days time. Does that mean it expires on Saturday?
    Did you look for the end date in the details?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Did you look for the end date in the details?
    Thank you. It says expires on June 9th.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is a free cereal coupon to order from save.cahttps://www.save.ca/coupons
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information