Page 198 of 238 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3567
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

See y'all in a week! @danger_dan , I hope the traffic treats you well while I'm gone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The Supreme Court today ruled 5-4 in favour of ( spoiled baby in chief got his way ).....the 3rd revamp of what everyone knows is a Muslim travel ban. Very sad news to hear.

I've had people ask me why I was so worried on Nov 8th, 2016 when that disgraceful racist man was elected as the 45th U.S. Prez. saying " we live in Canada, doesn't really effect us ".
    Well yes it does and HE HAS affected us.
    The trade/tariff situation is in full bloom and festering once again......who knows how that will turn out?

o.k. I'll post a laughing baby to calm myself down....lol

heartgirl99 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this just in.....

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy retiring at the end of July.

Just wait for the fireworks to begin when Trump replaces him with another appointee that will help overturn
    Roe vs Wade......think that can't happen?
    It will.

https://twitter.com/AP?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5 Eauthor

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 4m4 minutes ago

The 81-year-old Kennedy said he is stepping down after more than 30 years on the court. A Republican appointee, he has held the key vote on such high-profile issues as abortion, affirmative action, gay rights, guns, campaign finance and voting rights.

Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jun 27th, 2018 at 02:13 PM.
    heartgirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know there are many adoring fans of Stephen Harper but I am not one of them.
    He has some nerve! Going to the White House to meet with Trump's senior advisor Bolton.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...er-report.html

wtf???!!!
    Hey pal your time has come and gone as PM so butt out!
    I personally don't care how you feel about the job Trudeau is doing....this is not your place or your fight.
    heartgirl99 and Poirot like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Newspaper staff defiant after shooting

Staff at a Maryland newspaper have published a Friday edition after a gunman killed five people and injured two more at the paper's office.
    "We are putting out a damn paper tomorrow," tweeted Chase Cook, a Capital Gazette reporter. Staff worked in the car park to get the paper out.
    The gunman, who fired through a glass door into the newsroom on Thursday with a shotgun, was arrested afterwards.
    He has been charged with murder and has a bail hearing shortly.
    A Capital Gazette reporter tweeted the charge sheet which shows that Jarrod Ramos was charged with five counts of first-degree murder.
    The suspect is reported to have unsuccessfully sued the newspaper group in 2012 for defamation.
    The paper tweeted the front page of their Friday paper as well as obituaries of their colleagues.
    heartgirl99 and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Milo Yiannopoulos called for "gunning down journalists on sight" , says it was a "private joke"

ight-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos recently told at least two news outlets that he wanted vigilantes to start shooting journalists, but he insisted Thursday that he did so to taunt reporters."I can't wait for vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight," the author and agitator told a reporter for the New York Observer over a text message. The news outlet, which wrote about the incident this week, was working on a feature story about a New York City restaurant that Yiannopoulos reportedly frequents.
    Yiannopoulos, when asked to elaborate, told the reporter this was his "standard response," according to the Observer.
    Yiannopoulos also sent a similar message to Will Sommer, a Daily Beast reporter.
    On Thursday, a gunman opened fired in an Annapolis, Md., newsroom, killing five people and injuring several others. Authorities have not said what the motive was or who was being targeted.
    Yiannopoulos, 33, confirmed in an Instagram post that he wrote the messages about shooting journalists, but that he sent them to the reporters as a way to troll them.
    "You're about to see a raft of news stories claiming that I am responsible for inspiring the deaths of journalists," he wrote. "The truth, as always, is the opposite of what the media tells you."
    He continued: "I sent a troll about 'vigilante death squads as a private response to a few hostile journalists who were asking me for comment, basically as a way of saying, 'F--- off.' They then published it."
    heartgirl99 likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President Trump ducks questions on Maryland shooting, as president's attacks on journalists come into focus

Donald Trump ignored questions about the killing of five people at a newspaper in Maryland, walking silently past reporters at the White House as they asked him for “any words about the dead”.
    The president did not respond when asked for “any words of condolence” for families of the victims of the shooting at the Capital Gazette's offices in Annapolis on Thursday.

Police said a man with a grudge against the local paper had opened fire using a shotgun in a “targeted attack” which killed four journalists and a sales assistant.

Jarrod Ramos, 38, lost a defamation lawsuit against the paper in 2012 after it reported his campaign of harassment against a woman he went to school with.

Mr Trump offered his “thoughts and prayers” to the victims of the shooting in brief message on Twitter on Thursday afternoon.
    But TV footage later showed him ignoring requests to speak about the massacre as he arrived back in Washington by helicopter following a campaign-style visit to a factory in Wisconsin.
    In the clip, he glances towards journalists and walks away as one shouts: “Can you please talk to us about the dead reporters in Annapolis? Do you have any words of condolence for the families, Mr President?”
    Another reporter asks: “Why are you walking away?”
    heartgirl99 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ yes The Liar in Chief walked away from those questions because he wants what Putin and Kim Jong Un have ....ONE State media outlet that he controls.....all others are dead to him.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I know there are many adoring fans of Stephen Harper but I am not one of them.
    He has some nerve! Going to the White House to meet with Trump's senior advisor Bolton.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...er-report.html

wtf???!!!
    Hey pal your time has come and gone as PM so butt out!
    I personally don't care how you feel about the job Trudeau is doing....this is not your place or your fight.
    Chretien went to Russia and met with Putin while the Harper government was taking a hard line against Russia over their annexation of Crimea.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...oes-to-russia/

walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Chretien went to Russia and met with Putin while the Harper government was taking a hard line against Russia over their annexation of Crimea.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...oes-to-russia/

thanks for that info @DaveP I do appreciate because I did not know that.
    Still.... imho I think that Harper should just BUTT out, this is NOT his place and no one has asked for his help....or did they? I don't think they did.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No Politics today!!! We ( The Leafs ) got John Tavares!!!!

but very sad that we lost both James Van Riemsdyk to Flyers

and Tyler Bozak to the St Louis Blues

in any case

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A tragic update in the effort to rescue 13 people from a flooded cave in Thailand:

A former Thai Navy diver assisting with the rescue
    of 12 boys and their soccer coach died early Friday morning while trying to exit the flooded tunnels around the cave. Former Sgt. Saman Kunan, 38,was returning from delivering oxygen tanks to the cavern when he ran out of air underwater.
    The rescue mission has proven to be treacherous and complex and could be very, very long. The boys and their coach have already been trapped for nearly two weeks, and a doctor who visited the group said it may be too dangerous to move them right now, as several are exhausted and malnourished.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Up to 54 deaths linked to southern Quebec heatwave

A heat wave in the southern part of the Canadian province of Quebec has been linked to 54 deaths, officials say.
    The sweltering weather began last Friday with temperatures hitting 35C (95F), high humidity and, on the last day, a smog advisory.
    The death toll climbed every day this week, with most of the victims between the ages of 50 to 85.
    This summer's heat wave was among worst the province has seen in decades, officials say.
    It lasted two days longer than a similar five-day period of extreme heat in 2010, but heat warnings were lifted overnight on Friday as temperatures began to cool.
    Temperatures are expected to be seasonal and stay at 30C or below over the next few days, with no humidity.
    Public health officials said on Friday that coroner investigations will be completed to confirm that the reported fatalities are all heat related

Health officials in Quebec this week urged people to drink plenty of water, reduce physical activity, seek out air conditioning, and stay in the shade.
    They also asked people to check on elderly or infirm friends and neighbours who may have been vulnerable.
    The neighbouring province of Ontario was also under heat warnings over the last few days and may too have seen a rise in heat-related fatalities.
    But Ontario does not track heat related deaths in the same way as Quebec and does not report on potential causes of death without a coroner's investigation.
    The 2010 heat wave was one of the hottest on record in over 60 yea

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

first boys rescued

Lieutenant-General Kongcheep Tantrawanit has said another four of the boys are expected to walk out "shortly".
    They are currently at the divers' "base camp", inside the cave system, he said.
    "Four boys have reached chamber three and will walk out of the cave shortly," he said, according to news agency AFP.

walkonby likes this.

Page 198 of 238 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast

Thread Information