User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Retail openings and closings

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Moving-Mixed Media from James St. N. in downtown Hamilton to the former Bryan Prince Bookseller retail space in Westdale (closer to McMaster University). The retail space will also feature a new bookstore, King West Books, that will focus on art books.
    Source: https://www.thespec.com/opinion-stor...r-mixed-media/

Opening Soon-Rondine Occasions, in the former Heron Creek Yoga & Fitness (moved to 385 Jerseyville Rd which is the Ancaster Rotary Centre) storefront at the Ancaster plaza with the beer store on Wilson St. W.. Sign on windows indicate July opening.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

went to the new pretzel place at jackson sq... Mo's. $4- for a plain/salt/sesame/cinnimon sugar, nutella /or caramel drizzle. i got the parmason, a bit dry, will try the caramel next time.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Now Open-Hamilton Meat Pie Company,601 Burlington St. E. (between Sherman Ave and Wentworth St N.) Ad in today's papers lists the following pie varieties:
    Steak & Veg, Italian Meatballs, Turkey & Veg, Tourtiere, Curried Veg, Butter Chicken, Caramel apple with sea salt, Fun pie (chocolate pudding, oreo cookie, gummies). That last pie sounds like my kind of summer meal! https://www.facebook.com/hamiltonmeatpies/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing on July 2-Steel City Video on Main St. E. in Hamilton. Saw news clip last night on CH News about the store closing and owners retiring.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

2019-Future No Frills grocery store and a plaza will appear at Upper Sherman Avenue and Rymal Rd E. in Hamilton.
    https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8...opping-centre/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Moved-Burlington location of ESC Coffee has moved to Harvester Rd, Unit 6. Both the Burlington and Ancaster stores offer classes. It looks like the store no longer has a Kitchener location.
    https://www.ecscoffee.com/store-events-classes

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Moving on Aug. 1-Hanley Eyewear and Berg Optometry from the village core to the former Bick financial location at Halson St. & Wilson St. E. (Ancaster)

Opening soon-La Rondine Occasion (storefront still being updated) in Ancaster.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Now Open- East Hamilton Mountain has the Chimney Cake Shop (dot ca) in the plaza east of the Sobeys on Stonechurch Rd E! Saw mention of the opening in the August issue of Snapd Hamilton.

Nando's Peri Peri Chicken is also located in the same place. The food writer for Snapd wrote a review of their chicken offerings.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

any idea when the Dollarama will open on main st east?...just down from steel city video?

also noticed a Fit4Life is opening up at the center on barton...$10- a month not including "fees" & taxes...that seems really cheap, whats the catch?
    Last edited by Linda Evans; Tue, Jul 31st, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    any idea when the Dollarama will open on main st east?...just down from steel city video?

also noticed a Fit4Life is opening up at the center on barton...$10- a month not including "fees" & taxes...that seems really cheap, whats the catch?
    I don't frequent Main St. E. so I'll see if social media has the answer.
    Regarding Fitness clubs-the catch is usually having to pay by credit card (i.e. Extreme Fitness in Toronto in 2007 had the same promotion and I wanted to pay for two "months" in that my last two weeks were the last week of Oct and first week of Nov and nope, no cash accepted)and committing to a term of membership. I'll be stunned if they'd allow cash payment. There have been stories in the past about different fitness firms using clients' credit cards to charge various amounts on them and the hassle clients get in trying to get fees returned or reversed when the relationship gets sour.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing sale-Globo Shoes, Ancaster Meadowlands. Saw the big yellow sign on Sunday but store looks partially empty.

Closing/retiring sale-Absolute Music, 945 Upper James. Doors close on Sat. Aug. 25. Classified ad in today's community paper.

Grand Opening-Sat. Aug. 25: Canada Computers and Electronics, Kingfisher Square, Hamilton Mtn. Free snacks & drinks, lucky draw, wheel of freebies. http://kingfishersquare.com/ Ad in today's community paper.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Grand Opening-Sept.15 _Ancaster Sports Centre (former Jewish Community Centre) on Lower Lions Club Rd. Mentioned in the new Look Local magazine.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post

@Linda Evans - when I was on the 10-Beeline bus Thursday night, I noticed that the store had a Now Open sign taped to the window. So it opened up in the former No Frills store!

I also saw that the 7-11 convenience store at Main St. E. and Ottawa St. S. is boarded up. Do you know the reason why the store is gone?
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing Oct.31-Players Paradise (Stoney Creek, north of the QEW) complex building has been sold to a company. https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...row-operation/
    Guess the local Home Shows will have to find a new venue.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

[QUOTE=Ciel;6920461]@Linda Evans - when I was on the 10-Beeline bus Thursday night, I noticed that the store had a Now Open sign taped to the window. So it opened up in the former No Frills store!

thanks ciel... i think the store has been sectioned off, not as big as it looks. i think the 7-11 was bought by the city for the future LRT, but i could be wrong.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information