User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By mulock
  • 1 Post By Linda Evans
  • 2 Post By r0c0upons
  • 1 Post By Thatdone
  • 2 Post By mulock

Thread: anyone buy the RCA 60" at walmart for $498-?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

we could use an upgrade...& the price is right. also...wondering if it will fit into our chevy cavalier (hatchback....
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know anyone who has bought it, but DEFINITELY get the WalMart extended warranty on it (RCA isn't known for reliability).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in full agreement with Mulock on this... RCA isnt as reliable as you might think, so an extended warranty might be good idea.

(of 3 RCA TVs I know in the past, they all died within a short time of the manufacturer's warranty expiring)

And if I can throw in another 2-cents...

(and not to intentionally discourage your potential purchase)

With large flat screen TVs, you should NEVER lay them down to transport them. ALWAYS stand them upright... as indicated by the up-arrows on the edge of the box.

I dont care what Walmart, Best Buy or anyone else says they did as "OK" when they or other customers moved them... the vibrations of the TV bouncing in transport, even so slightly, and even if only a short distance, could do damage the display. (even minor damage that you might not notice right away). It would be even worse if you tried to angle it to fit the opening of a hatchback (like you might do with a mattress)

A 60-inch TV box probably wouldnt fit anyway, but just the same, I wouldnt suggest that you try and move it in your hatchback.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Excellent point by bhlombardy. Large TVs must NEVER be transported flat....and stores don't care how you get a TV home, as long as you have paid for it and it's out of their store, so they will tel you whatever it takes to get it gone. I wouldn't be surprised if a store said "sure, you can strap the TV to your roofracks and get it home."
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thanks for the feedback! i went to walmart today to look at the tvs...none in stock at my nearest store...not surprised. but even the 50" tvs looked large enough for our living room. i may wait till black friday sales to get a better deal/brand.

i have an rca 32 inch & its got the best picture ever. our first flat screen was a samsung 40in & the picture went after 15 months...so it can happen to any brand.
    r0c0upons likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my very expensive flat screen hdtv recently took a relatively light hit when a cell phone fell out of my pocket and hit the tv....well, that was enough to kill it. in order to fix the screen, it'll cost more than the actual tv itself. sooooo...i'm using a cheap hdtv from kijiji and trying not to cringe at the lesser picture quality. better than nothing, i guess.
    mulock and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would check out the reviews on the model you are looking at and if none come up for that exact model number then I look at reviews in general at the tvs the manufacturer are selling (gives you a general idea anyways)
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm also considering upgrading to a larger TV. I currently have a 50 inch LG plasma TV that is 10 years old that I bought from BestBuy on Boxing Day for $999 (way back in 2008). Thing weighs a ton and I remember I paid the fee to have it delivered to my home (just 5km away) instead of trying to lug it home myself.....it takes two people to lift it. There's completely nothing wrong with it, and I have never had a problem with it (knock on wood), but I'd like to upgrade to a 70 inch so I have been researching Visio and Sony TVs at Costco (which come with the 1 year manufacturer warranty, and an additional year warranty on top of that from Costco). My budget it $1500....so hoping Black Friday or Boxing Day have some deals.
    r0c0upons and Linda Evans like this.

Thread Information