User Tag List

Page 641 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 141 541 591 631 639 640 641 642 643 651 691 741 1141 1641 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Cool and cloudy, rain is supposed to come tomorrow.

Anniversary of 9/11, what a scary morning that was, and such a terrible tragedy.

Nurse comes today to check my leg wounds and change the bandages.

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!!

I can't believe 911 happened 17 years ago!! Time flies, that's for certain.

Cloudy day here, so I'll just sit and iron open the 446 little squares I made, hahaha...should keep me out of mischief for a while!

DH went to a mobility place here to get a new tip for my pretty cane, one that makes it stand up on its own but not one of those huge claw things...ugh. Seems I'll be using it this trip. Speaking of which, goodness, I hope the kids' resort is still standing when they get there, in S Carolina!! I saw where some E-W highways are being converted to strictly W-moving so that people can get out of the way of the storm if they wish to. Oh, this is going to be such a tragedy for those poor people!! What a panic they must be in now...

Well...time for a late breakfast!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day....at least we're not preparing for that storm, thank heavens!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Goodnight folks! Had to stay up to take my second antibiotic, and pain pill and deal with the fungus on my toes and also on my lip. I'm beginning to feel like a medicine chest. Just shove in the pills and hope they work.

@Lynn49 - I did a little research and would recommend black pepper and also ginger. Sounds weird but they are both supposed to calm down systemic inflammation which can contribute to whole body pain. (What can you lose?) Don't dispair about your trip? You'very waited too long for this! I can't remember exactly when and where DD and her husband and friends are slated to go to the Carolinas but Florence might indeed have a negative effect -maybe cancelled flights,etc. I hope not, but you never win when you try to ignore Mother Nature. ( My grandmother's name was Florence -and a more mild-mannered woman you would never find! I hope this storm doesn't add a nasty connotation to her name.)

Well, 9/11 in the morning A hard memory that I still can't wait my head around.

Mmmmm...two of my favourite things, @avoncallingu ! I used to make fresh ginger tea for myself; it's been a while since I've done that, perhaps something to look into, thank you.

Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Good late morning. Did ddp energy workout and then breakfast. I only eat between 11am and 7pm because I'm still doing the intermittent fasting. Anyway I finally closed my Scotiabank account because I moved the last item over to my new tangerine account. hope everyone has a good day.

I know it's crazy to look back on September 11th attacks. I used to work at a holiday inn in Vancouver. There were always a lot of people from the US staying there. I had just turned on CNN first thing in the morning in the breakfast area just minutes before they showed the second plane hit. Everyone was glued to the tv and not budging from their tables.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

garbage day! I like to post the big stories first! ha ha

So I did the Royale promo earlier this morning where you upload the receipt ( spend $20.00 in one purchase on any Royale products get a $10.00 dining card ). Got the confirmation email within minutes, now waiting on the other one with the E-card in it.

Slightly miffed by my trip to FB though, they would not allow the sale price on Campbell's chix noodle soup.
    Apparently only tomato, cr. of mushroom and vegetable were accepted as their " selected varieties " in the flyer .......pfsshht! but.....
    I crossed the street and lucked out at NF....they allowed me to PM 4 cans of chix noodle!

Last night I made up a heaping pile of schnitzels!! ( pork )
    I did not want to freeze the marked down pkgs of pork loin I scored at Sobeys on Mon, so I forced myself to do the pounding, dredging, dipping and coating, then sauteing the lot of them in butter all before 6 p.m.
    I was so DONE after that.
    The guys were very happy, it has been a while since I made any. They just had to decide on which sides to take for their meal.

I pray that hurricane Florence spares lives!! The property damage however is a given. Yesterday my mandavilla plant toppled over 4 times from high winds and rain....each time I went out and thought I had secured it only to look out and see it mock me!

Hoping the Jays can be the spoiler tonight for Boston's chances in the Post season. I mean it is a long shot with Sale pitching for the Sox but Borucki I believe in you!!! stranger things have happened!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Sep 11th, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Where's that @danger_dan guy today? He is very very late checking in.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hang on. @walkonby ...you...you..cooked??!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, me too, Jays!

Good news first!
    A nice of ours in AB had a baby boy yesterday. What a cutie he is! Named Thomas Sofron Simon, then last name. Has an older sister and brother.

Nurse left just a while ago.
    Good news, initial blister has healed very well. Second blister gone.
    Yay!
    Scrape above initial blister still there, but okay.

Very bad news, the owie on the back of my lower leg, which is a skin tear not a blister, is disgusting. No wonder it has been hurting! It's deep and badly infected - yes, since Saturday when last checked.
    Nurse got doc on the phone, so I will start on Keflex tonight.

Nurse visits will go back to three times a week so it can be monitored.
    The nurse also put the magical silver dressing on, so that will also help to draw out the infection.

I sure didn't need something else like an infection to deal with; I don't tend to fight them very well...

I'm going to go snuggle my kitty now.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Rats, @Natalka ....two steps forward, one step back. Fighting an infection like that probably wipes your body right out, too, I bet. I'm guessing you've been pretty wiped out lately. Good thing the nurse is visiting more often for now.
    Any news on the home-front now that the paperwork has been done?
    @GoJays ..I JUST said the same thing to my Hubby earlier...perhaps I should take myself up on that offer.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You should @Lynn49
    I really hope you're feeling better very soon @Natalka

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@GoJays - What were you doing up at THAT hour?

I thought I would beat everyone today! Good morning! It's going to be a long day. Endodontist and the drive to Hamilton. I had an "Oh - my- gosh - I -can't - sleep -in!" kind of serial wake-up kind of a night.

Well, my BrotherB's family has reached their "Go Fund Me" goal (except for $20) and 30 benches will be delivered to his property tomorrow for a giant "put-it-together" bee and then the benches will find homes all around his neighbourhood. If you haven't heard the story, you could check out the post at "gofundme" and then search Sprucedale Restoration.

Well, I have to awaken a tired doggie so she can take a little walk with me before I leave.

Have a great day ,- summer has peeked her little head up again before she goes south for a while.

Prayers for all those facing Hurricane Florence.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Sep 12th, 2018 at 08:32 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Where's that @danger_dan guy today? He is very very late checking in.

I'm touched Thanks @GoJays !
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Sep 12th, 2018 at 07:14 AM.
    DANGER

Thread Information