User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rather last minute post to get this new month started! Time to recycle the September coupons and deals unless you are about to use them up tonight!

Still time for fall fairs! And baking of course.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ciel ..see your Not wasting any more time on September month ..just jumping right into October now huh ..
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow october -Ashlyn`s birthday is on sat age 5 already bought her present months ago -I will treat every one on thanksgiving supper to a small ice cream cake for Ashlyn -no pies this year not needed on the waistline anyway -everyone is happy with this decision

yesterday popped into mastermind saved 20% from using their cpn got a figure for Sebastian for xmas
    went to get my free Harvey`s burger with my birthday cpn sadley the place was closed due to a power outage

got a few deals at sobeys 3.99 family box of honey nut cereal
    and a few deals at rexall when I went to get a prescription plus I spent over 30.00 so got a 10.00 promo card for next time

I come home in afternoon relaxed a bit ,then son called ~mom can you watch the girls a bit so we can go out for supper? no problem went there for 5.00-lovely to see cara walking a bit this is new and she is just past 10 months ,she toddles for 4 or 5 steps then plops down soooo sweet

my daughter-in-law cant keep indoor plants -so I asked if I could have the indoor plant she has outside on her glass table ,no problem she said

home at 7.30 as they popped into Walmart after -they got in a line behind someone who was price matching -lol I wish they would do that but they just don't want to take the time I guess

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. fresh month , fresh month.

i have a few goals for the month. I need to do a bunch of winter prep.. bring in my clothes line. ect... . i am refusing to turn on the heat yet.
    emotionally.. this week and next will be interesting.. my mom has paperwork and phone calls... hubby will take a day off to help her. and its her birthday friday. my brothers is Thursday...

ok. today.. 2 crafts with the kids.. one a easy sticker one. and one modge podge for a candle holder. and we have rain all day.
    beef in the crockpot.. for beef dip sandwiches for supper.
    i need to spend 20 min and get the laundry room clean.. it needs love. lots of love.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

October 1 seems to be a laundry day for Mother Nature too! I'm wearing bright t-shirt and a light long sleeve shirt to be able to walk out in the rain (did not have any rain on walk home last night but there was rain after 9pm) or my instinct is to make tea and huddle under some throws.

Funnily enough, yesterday I heard comments about how the furnace was not working yesterday. Gee maybe brother's window openings and twice overnight on those past hot days near the furnace had something to do with the pilot light being out? Brother got the furnace lit this morning. I tried to lower the thermostat at 6:30am when I realized it was rather too warm but furnace was heating away and showing temp at 74F (I had the set needle at 68F as we were still in bed). Oh well-another fix issue or maybe some dusting is in order around the thermostat AND the furnace (cobwebs seen).

Just happy that I did the grocery runs on Saturday (no rain!)and used a $1 off Special K coupon for cereal but forgot to use the $1 off any Vim coupon when I bought the 500ml cleanser at Shoppers (facepalm realization Saturday night when I was sorting my notes/receipts and updating expense sheet). Will have to clip relevant coupons to the specials list or grocery list next time.

Spent too much time working on my Internet list and then on my HST spend list (could use 4x the money but I have wants fighting needs-will revise the HST list). Sorry Taco Bell $6 special expiring on Oct 7 (coupon for Double Gordita Crunch & Fries Supreme-if you are a fan, visit the website and print the offer) and sewing magazine...

October is #hustle month for me: biopsy (better now than in winter), finding inexpensive pants ASAP, seeking opportunities for training and income (shopping online is a thing now for me-may this be the month of grocery delivery at least once in October) and the last push for cleaning outdoor things and lingering clutter in the house (including the semi-annual vacuum of fridge coils and pantry unit after each one is cleaned up/wiped down). Also $5 fee to access medical imaging online from lab. Grateful for online banking access now--want to understand the interface better too as it's still mostly unknown to me.

One month into wearing my runners and I have a worn hole in the lining of my left shoe plus each shoe collar on the inside edge has a small worn out area through the layers. This pair has to get me through to March 2019!

There will be no turkey kit meal this year. Too much money at this time and not all are deserving of the convenience. Baked goods and tea definitely will be on the menu for the weekend. I do want a pot of flowers for indoors--I had walked through the floral dept. at Fortinos this morning and saw bunches of irises and other containers of flowers that aren't chrysanthemums (our own outside have not bloomed as yet-could be a soil issue or the weather has not been cold enough?).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

rainy damp day =supper will be a small chicken I got from sobeys a few months back $4.60 ,mashed potatoes 10 pound bag was 1.44 last week still have half left and fresh green beans and carrots steamed

then will make a small batch of chicken soup tonight -yummmmm

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

All the time on 1st of the month I pay the debt management program I pay $87. I am on my second year and I have two years left. It’s raining outside but then again it was raining yesterday. It was really hot last Thursday and I don’t think it’s ever going to be hot like that again, until spring. It’s hot in my room and I turned on my AC unit.

I asked a friend who works for a smoke shop on how much a box of papers would cost because I found a place in Toronto that will sell me a box for $60, which includes shipping. I have dealt with this company before in Toronto and they ship fast and I get it for a better deals then here in the local smoke shops. My friend says they don’t usually sell boxes of papers but they would check tomorrow. It would cut down the cost considerably if I bought a box compared to if I bought one at a time. I sell her stuff so I hope she can make a deal with me, but I won’t hold my breath.

I have eaten 2 boxes of Hersey mixed candy/chocolates of 50 each so 100. But I did share and put some twizzlers downstairs and
    gave some chocolate to my neighbours. So I guess I didn’t eat all of them myself.

I am waiting on someone to buzz me to pick up coupons that I am giving them. The song that never ends is playing in my head. It’s bloody annoying. It relates to the waiting charade.

I did 2 loads of laundry yesterday and have about 3 left. I need to put money on my laundry card I only have 5 credits left. Which equals two loads, plus one wash.

I’m really really tired today and feel like poop. 2 people yesterday ruined my good mood. And basically told everyone on Facebook on a status on how not to attempt this I was really pissed off. I want to run away but that’s not going to solve anything. All the stuff that they said made my blood boil...for instance the first one cut me off 6 times after asking me questions that I was answering, then proceeded to tell me how to run my life. The next person followed me upstairs from downstairs I didn’t want to talk with them because they never have anything to say other then gossiping about people and bashing people I care for, they also are very paranoid and need to stop whatever they are doing. They asked to come into my apartment several times when I said I was going now, I opened the door and quickly made a break for it which I locked it behind them. Someone called me at 9pm I looked at the caller ID and didn’t answer. They tried again at 10pm I was sleeping by then and shut off the ringer when I glanced at the screen.

Someone is yelling in the hallway my name gotta jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to Food Basics on my lunch. They had a limit of 2 on the bacon which means I should go back tomorrow since I wanted to get more then 2. That's all I bought. I spent $79 on Saturday at SDM and received over 26,000 points. Thanks to a post on here I checked out the Joe Fresh make up that was on clearance for 75% off. I spent $20 on it that I'm thrilled about

Did lots of laundry on Saturday and put it away before our dinner and show out. I still have laundry to put away and will put another load on tomorrow night to keep up on it.
    Was home late last night so washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen this morning before leaving for work. Will take a beef roast out of freezer tonight to thaw over night.

Dinner tomorrow night: roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and carrots.

Cleaned up the budget today after the weekend. Didn't really spend much other then the usual (SDM and filled car with gas)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well it seems I am going back to Grade 1! I will be assisting the Grade 1 teacher at our local school( where DH works) for 2 hrs per morning, so I think that will be a nice change of pace for me. I would like to be a bit busy but definitely not full time. They basically let me pick and choose what I wanted to do so that was nice-I had only applied for casual subbing but I guess they had some other vacancies to fill. I think I will also assist in the afterschool care program 1 day per week-DH has gone to do that today. I will orient on Wed but start later in the month as I am flying to London on Monday-Lilo maybe I will see you there-lol!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Looks like I did it missed my parcel I didn’t know it was out for delivery today until the thing was left on my door. I left my phone to charge and went next door well bad move on my part. I arranged for them to deliver tomorrow between 3-5pm. Hopefully I remember...I’ll put it in my phone I think. I am really pissed off with myself but then again I didn’t see it until I came back which was 16mins after they sent a text out saying it was being delivered. *Face palm*

Anyway I am really tired I am going to bed early I don’t care if it’s 6:30pm almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well it seems I am going back to Grade 1! I will be assisting the Grade 1 teacher at our local school( where DH works) for 2 hrs per morning, so I think that will be a nice change of pace for me. I would like to be a bit busy but definitely not full time. They basically let me pick and choose what I wanted to do so that was nice-I had only applied for casual subbing but I guess they had some other vacancies to fill. I think I will also assist in the afterschool care program 1 day per week-DH has gone to do that today. I will orient on Wed but start later in the month as I am flying to London on Monday-Lilo maybe I will see you there-lol!
    Sadly this is a short trip for me and I fly home Monday. DH has been there a week with his parents and will pick us up at the airport Wednesday morning, I am so glad he is comfortable driving there. We have a nice big house in the country and his parents are enjoying the last visit. To say it's bittersweet would be an understatement. The kids are looking forward to it, they are very close to DHs dad.
    We are all packed. I tried to do online booking earlier but the flight is after 10 so I had to wait, I guess I should do that now.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oh woops, I forgot to come to the new thread today. No wonder I was the only one who posted in the other thread today. This is what I posted in the September thread.

5:40am our twins walked into our bedroom and asked for breakfast. Early start to my day. While in the kitchen I noticed that we got snow overnight. It will melt today, but more snow is in the forecast.

I have another school age child starting this week, before/after school care. I’m pretty much at capacity. Wow, what a difference 1.5 months can make. No daycare kids on contract vs at capacity.

Tonight I made rice, baked chicken breasts, boiled peas, and a fruit sauce.

I sold something for $3 today. We are currently getting the kids to finish some art and a letter to my younger sister. Our son is writing the letter. It’s hard work when you are in Grade 1.

Tomorrow is gymnastics night again. It’s also 10% off Tuesday. I’ll have to take our twins shopping with me.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have a code from a box of canada dry gingerale.. it says.. 4.00 online savings. butterball é reallemon. green gianté carnation pam. if anyone wants it message me....

day 2 of rain.. or hostage situation.. i would love to get out. my kids need to get out.. i have 2 sick.. or I would do it anyway.... its a cold rain. i turned on the furnace last night. it was 17 in my house. i was cold.

ok, today... 1 more bag for donation.. I did a full bag yesterday.. i am pretty sure I can repeat it. easily...
    fold 2 baskets of laundry.
    not sure what supper is.. depends on who is here..... leaning towards hotdogs and fries.. easy....
    on the frugal front.. making cookies for snack..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cold rainy day here too. Brrr. House was at 16 this morning. Hope it warms up today because I don't want to put the heat on yet since it is suppose to warm up the rest of the week. But I did enjoy the heated seats on my drive to work .

I need to do some serious housework tonight. Too much fun on the weekend. Will write out a list and get at it.

Have a great day everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes I put the furnace on too -too chilly in the morning -well woke up with a sore throat and a cold (thanks to my lovely grandson sneezing everywhere on sat ,oh well when you have little ones its inevitable) so glad I have 4 small containers of chicken soup I made last night nothing like homemade soup

was gonna go out and about today but just gonna chill ,maybe clean the toilets if I feel up to it

looking to get the grandkids main gift from me for xmas out of the way -already have baby cara a scented doll for bed ,but waiting for a sale for the others,well missed out on a toy I wanted on sale at indigo ,that's okay I will wait for another sale
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2018 at 09:58 AM.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information