User Tag List

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning I finally sat down and sorted 2 large bins and a garbage bag full of clothes. Most were dropped off by my neighbour a while ago. Some stuff I keep for our kids, some stuff I am going to sell next summer, and most of it is bagged up to be donated to the free church clothing program tomorrow morning.

I took ds with me to NF this afternoon.
    3x $2 blackberries - $1 coup = $1 each
    9x $2 French’s mustard (3x each variety) - $21 back from Caddle. I have kept 1 of each variety for our family, the rest will be taken to the local food bank. I saw the brags about it, but the CO51 offers were already gone yesterday.

I just bought these 29 dinosaur books for $20, for our dinosaur obsessed 3yr old. Some of them are a series for when he gets older. When I went to pick it up the lady had another stack of about 10 perfect books - Dr. Seuss, Toy Story, Disney stuff, etc. She gave the extra books to me for free
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 4th, 2018 at 10:37 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Giseledta hope your feeling better

Coupon Girl I heard SDM now puts dates on all of the price tags and I heard because they put a date on them SCOP does not apply as there is an end date. I have heard this is a huge issue with one of our local SDM as manager knows this and the store is a mess and tags are never actuate and a lot of time sale tags remain up well past the end date until a customer pulls one off or questions and then the staff take them down to prove the price is not still active.
    All my Shoppers in my area have always had the dates on the tags and SCOP still applies. (Really it's not up to the customer to read the fine print. If they left the tag up people are assuming the product is that price)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday. Rain today and sounds like that is the plan all week long. I really did not get much housework done this weekend at all. I did clean the kitchen from oldest (he will be reminded I am not the maid!) and ran the dishwasher and emptied it. I also pulled a whole chicken from freezer yesterday morning and thawed it and then put in a baking dish with carrots and potatoes for the oldests dinner. Lots of time spent this weekend visiting friends etc which is important too.
    Tonight after work I will get on laundry and get some things done. Take out a roast for the slow cooker tomorrow. And some BSCB as well and cook that up tomorrow evening and plan Wednesday nights dinner. (maybe make it chicken souvlaki then I can make rice and perogies (one kid doesn't like rice) and veggie. Then Wed night we can just heat and eat. Nice salad to go with it.

Hope everyone had a great day!
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That is what annoys me about Shoppers. If the staff are lazy and don't remove sale signs then they should honour SCOP in my opinion and I agree with @Frugalbigmama . I've noticed some stores are better than others, just like most Shoppers give the seniors discount from 55 years of age. One store in particular said 65 years and older and lost all of my business including pharmacy. Why be loyal if the store doesn't offer what other stores do (as they are individually owned).

Dog sitting today so my plan plan is to venture to McDonald's for coffee as I have issues with how Tim Hortons treats their employees and franchises, do the dog park circle several times and than come home and pay bills on this rainy but warm day.

I have leftover chicken so the plan is to make nachos tonight with a salad.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My weather app says it’s 9c but feels like 7c. It’s suppose to rain today but yesterday was gorgeous and did not rain. I pulled out everything in my freezer to see what I had and there is lots of frozen chilli in there I might just have to use it or give it someone else. I haven’t decided...

This week I have appointments from Tuesday to Friday then one on Sunday.

I am waiting for my CPP contribution statement from the CRA. They said they sent out on Thursday of last week. Take anywhere from 8-10 days in the mail. Hopefully sooner then that I really hate waiting.

Something I was buying for 35$ is now 45$...ouch.

Yesterday I went to have a nap and the phone was going off my enter phone and my cellphone. Then someone knocking at my door. Popular of course but it annoyed me because i was really tired and needed the nap. I just ended up going to bed at 8:30pm because I didn’t get my nap.

I think I may have to go to the grocery store and actually buy some meat or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I have a new dc child starting today. she is pretty amazing. huge kuddos to her previous provider.

oldest went over to my moms today to help with some cleaning and sorting .
    sent off a care package for middle child for exams
    and youngest is at school.
    DH has a list of paperwork he needs to take care of . he has 1 or 3 done so far

i am hoping to list a article on fb sell sites soon.
    its been a pretty productive day so far. but this rain needs to let up.. everything is just soaking wet.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hey Barbis9: my SDM always honors the price at the shelf. In fact, I think it is the law. Can't you SCOP anything that rings up differently than the price on the shelf? In any case, it sucks that you have to argue.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Hey Barbis9: my SDM always honors the price at the shelf. In fact, I think it is the law. Can't you SCOP anything that rings up differently than the price on the shelf? In any case, it sucks that you have to argue.
    my understanding is it is not the law, and it depends on the store. Because I have access to several Shoppers, I pick the one with the best customer selection and customer service. It does suck to argue for sure. I always wait till the transaction is over as otherwise they can still adjust the price and therefore no SCOP.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi-I was told this came into effect a few months ago at this shoppers (out by my son's)and it wasn't a shelf price(as I would have said scoop) it was a sale sticker that expired on the nov2 and it was the third of nov ,she told me a lot of shoppers are doing this as per sale stickers -you don't get it for the expired sticker price

well went to hidden treasure with hubby spent 19 and change -also found a beer can in parking lot -lol
    -I got 2 kids paint shirts for painting 2.99 each one for my house and one for Sebastian for xmas
    one row of Crayola paints .50
    few lock and seals .50 each

I am noticing their prices are not as cheap as in the beginning -a dish cloth was 1.00 not marked down as before but I still bought it as I like it ,just gotta know prices

then we popped into ikea wrapping paper -for kids nice dark navy with animals 1.99
    candle 1.99
    and daughter told me she bought Sebastian a wooden train for 12.99 so we bought 2 accessories for xmas for it
    then a nice soft ice cream cone for on the way home 1.00 each

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saturday-dropped off my laptop before my intended stop in Dundas. Happy to have the floor space back in my room (though I will miss the laptop style). Managed to get the chicken cacciatore made (substituted a cup of diced sweet potato for the sliced mushrooms) in Mom's large round baking dish. None of the cast iron pots would have held 6 large chicken legs. I used the regular Dutch oven for stovetop browning (two legs at a time). Probably will need to adjust seasoning when we eat the dish next week but that was the most welcome task over with!
    Sunday-did a couple of walks. $1.40 in beer cans and bottles found. No game pieces for Monopoly (1 week to get more pieces) were found. Wrote a list of things I wanted to do in preparation for visitor-got a liquid soap pump for smaller bathroom and treated myself to Shoppers $2.49 pop (but caffeine and I are definitely having a family feud!!).
    Baking is on my to-do list this week. Was looking at Grocery Gateway (my store allows in-store pick up of orders but that location is not on the list so, mystery here) and seeing what's on the site. I've fallen hard for a big sandwich and wrap platter as the other entree idea rather than the usual frozen lasagna idea. The platter would allow for a couple of meals so really just some beverages and sweets would allow us to visit. But, my SC brain says I should just buy the regular staples in store myself and maybe buy sandwiches another time (but I have a discount code good for most of Nov). Decisions...

While running laundry load after 7am, my brain realized the TOU for hydro hours have changed since Nov.1 so I was using one of the two most expensive times today to wash clothing. Will print off the hours and affix them to washing machine tomorrow.

Need more tea for the grey days (sugar is not helping at all).
    Giseledta, barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was feeling so tired and run down I went to bed at 9 last night, I am usually up past 11, I slept through until almost 10, so needless to say today was a sick day. Felt more human by noon so puttered around the house. Made a big dinner totally forgetting DS1 works tonight. He will,eat it warmed up when he gets home.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Mon, Nov 5th, 2018 at 08:38 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

posted the item i wanted to . it sold in 10 min. lady is coming tomorrow. i know her so all is good.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I donated 2 large bags of clothing to the church this morning. That church is very close to the Family Centre, so it was a convenient stop along the way. We spent half our morning at the Family Centre.
    Tonight’s supper was baked chicken thighs, KD, Swiss chard (from the freezer), and fresh black berries.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

up early for first child. folded towels, popped a load in the washer before time of use kicks in. cashed out of caddle .
    going to make a dr appointment. this bug has gotten the best of me. and i am done.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -thanks for the tip about time of use for the wash/dryer I actually forgot it changed

well go this afternoon for a mammogram (not fun ) but always good to go
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information